Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 31-07-2022, 04:16 AM
mindanalyzer

was this schizophrenia or a demon attack

Hi, I had to spend some time in a prison 19 years ago (I did no crime, but related to my border entry and while waiting for the response to my asylum application -> I’ve been a law abiding productive citizen for 15 years , so it all worked out fine)

I am posting here because something super weird happened while I was in this prison and I have no explanation to this day

first of all, I had all the time in the world so I decided to read as much as I could, mainly books about spirituality; then I started having spontaneous OBE, even had one episode while awaken

then my main point for this post. there was this asian dude that seemed to be mentally derailed ; sometimes he appeared to talk to someone invisible but tbh I never crossed a word with him, since apart from the mental situation , he had a weird energy to himself. I knew about him from others, but I always made sure to avoid him

we were in that place more than 100 men from different countries and cultures, and I was all about my fellow countrymen, working out, reading and playing basketball; I would say that I was well respected by the other inmates and never had an issue with anyone

well, one afternoon, I was watching TV and suddenly someone attacked me from behind and started hitting me ; I tried to protect myself while I was really confused because I had not had problems with anybody, so I was not sure what was going on

… then, when I got out of my confusion, I see the asian fellow still swinging at me; I stood up, dodged and counterattacked, knocking him out. he wouldnt move on the floor so I decided that I didnt need to hit him again

then all the guards came … roughed me off a bit and took me to the hole; … but I was released 5 days later when all the evidence , witnesses and cameras showed that I had been attacked for absolutely no apparent reason and I was only defending myself

that guy was moved somewhere else or maybe was taken to a mental hospital, no idea … but to this day I still wonder, why did he decided to randomly attack me out of these 100 men. why me? wrong time/place or is there something more to it?

could it be that he was possessed by demons instead of schizophrenia / mental illness?

in hindsight, I was lucky that he didnt attack me with a makeup knife or I most likely wouldn’t be typing this here

ps: I had been attacked by demons in many dreams in the past, and I would always fight back

Last edited by mindanalyzer : 31-07-2022 at 07:44 PM.
Old 31-07-2022, 10:27 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindanalyzer
could it be that he was possessed by demons instead of schizophrenia?
The superstitious idea that people are possessed by demons is *Deleted-Rude*, frankly.
The real question is what are the reasons you're trying to make it out to be demons?
Old 31-07-2022, 11:40 AM
mindanalyzer

forgive me but maybe you are the one showing *Deleted*here …

there is no need to use the word*Deleted* for points of view that you dont agree with, thats very narrow minded. you could have said that you dont agree with that point of view and your opinion would be respectable

ps: I am a christian, and I believe in the existence of angels and demons. And I didnt read about that, but have had many experiences in this matter
Old 31-07-2022, 12:36 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindanalyzer
you could have said that you dont agree with that point of view and your opinion would be respectable
It's not about agreement or not, it's not about opinion. I worked in mental health for a few years so for me it's about knowledge and experience. The thread is about trying to tell the difference between schizophrenia - a mental health issue - and 'demons'. Or at least what the writer is calling schizophrenia, and unless the OP writer has had some knowledge or experience of mental health it could be anything at all. It originates with an erroneous opinion and everything after is another layer of erroneous.
*Deleted*
Angels and demons are archetypes of the collective consciousness.

Some of us carry our 'demons' with us.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 02-08-2022 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Opinions and rude
Old 31-07-2022, 01:31 PM
Guide

was this schizophrenia or a demon attack?

Schizoprenics see/hear demons and all other kinds of things.
Greenslade,you know my thought on this and I think it should be taken seriously.
For a person to attack another whilst under that mind frame is for the perpetrator to think he/she is under some sort of threat.

Last edited by hazada guess : 31-07-2022 at 02:14 PM.
Old 31-07-2022, 01:40 PM
Guide

mindanylyzer..............You said you were minding your own business watching TV.While he was under the influence,(of demons) he saw you as the good guy and therefore needing to be taken to hand.Unless he was just on the prowl for someone to attack at random. He needs medication so as to be able to conform in society. Most of us are taught from birth but some have problems with their brain.(receiver).
It sounds to me that he should be in a Psychiatric unit, not a prison but thats the problem today people just shoved in prison and left,not being given the right treatment.

Last edited by hazada guess : 31-07-2022 at 02:39 PM.
Old 31-07-2022, 02:47 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
For a person to attack another whilst under that mind frame is for the perpetrator to think he/she is under some sort of threat.
*Deleted- off topic*

Cognitive dissonance kicks in when people perceive their paradigm is under threat and it's most likely the reason anything that is 'not Spiritual' isn't talked about in here. Even though common sense will tell you that your Spirituality is processed by your noggin. If I told you that your Spirituality is 'powered' by psychology you'd perhaps want to punch my lights out because to you it would be a threat to the Spirituality you hold so dear.

What you're talking about here is paranoid schizophrenia, and that's where it becomes really dangerous because in the person's reality, they are actually under threat or they have the 'devil inside' telling them that the other person is out to get them. Or, in their reality, they perceive you to be a threat and they deal with it on that basis. It's quite possible for a sufferer to see you as the devil himself come to eat their Soul. In their reality, literally. In those situations the primal instincts - fight or flight - take over because their egos have usually 'collapsed'.

So yes, you're right.
Old 31-07-2022, 02:54 PM
mindanalyzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
mindanylyzer..............You said you were minding your own business watching TV.While he was under the influence,(of demons) he saw you as the good guy and therefore needing to be taken to hand.Unless he was just on the prowl for someone to attack at random. He needs medication so as to be able to conform in society. Most of us are taught from birth but some have problems with their brain.(receiver).
It sounds to me that he should be in a Psychiatric unit, not a prison but thats the problem today people just shoved in prison and left,not being given the right treatment.

Thank you for your input hazada; yes, very weird experience indeed.

and no matter what other say, your opinion is also valid and your point of view worth of respect. many atheists deny the spiritual world and justify many of these experiences on psychological grounds

… but never forget Charles Baudelaire, who said that the devil greatest trick is to convince people that he doesnt exist
Old 31-07-2022, 03:58 PM
mindanalyzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
*Deleted*
I am not interested in a debate with you. you can exercise your “intellectual superiority” with other souls , … I am off limits :)

We all have free will; you want to think the way you do ? fine, and I think my way, no matter what you say or suggest, I will not change my mind or even consider it, because my principles are based on struggles and experiences, not on what someone told me or I read in a book

I send you blesses and positive energy,
take care
Old 31-07-2022, 05:35 PM
asearcher

Interesting and terrible story, glad you came out of it fine considering :)

I think that low levels work through, influence those who too are either really scared (anxiety), confused in some way, fighting some sort of mental illness, taking drugs, drinking, fighting depression, the list goes on... feeding off the fear, wanting it increased and so on...When I have been up-up, feeling good, doing good I can hardly say that I have had some low level draining me, that has happened when my own frequency is lowered down, if I'm physically sick, if I have a fear…I use to have such trouble with poltergeist activity in my home. I also had on a deep subconscious level blacked out memories, suppressed, real bad. Now nothing is happening as I have dealt, dealing with it, my fear is not the same at all, I've come a long way considering, I'm still cautious as I feel a realistic need to be that about certain someone, certain things, but that is something else.

If untreated schizophrenia going berserk could be he was paranoid about you before and thought it was either to be killed or kill, basically, so then that would be the mental condition talking. The condition worsening if experienced greater amount of stress and uncertainty (maybe without his medication even) etc in the jail finally resulting in something so terrible against you. Sleeping, no less. Talk about a coward's act. But could also mean he was influenced, and at worst scenario actually possessed (the final stage) like you suspect could have been one alternative.