Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 27-07-2022, 03:33 PM
Knower

Healing from the source

Everything that appears to be individual originates from the same source. This is a truth that when absorbed does not prevent physical pain from happening but does heal the psychological pain of our conditioning to thinking in terms of separate minds and bodies (victims and victimizers).

Because most of us are so deeply conditioned to thinking about what went before (trauma) or what might happen later (effects of trauma) - the contents of the suffering mind - universal source realization requires conscious attention (being fully awake and aware). Fortunately it's free.

"When you step into the Now, you step out of the content of your mind. The incessant stream of thinking slows down. Thoughts don’t absorb all your attention anymore, don’t draw you in totally. Gaps arise in between thoughts — spaciousness, stillness. You begin to realize how much vaster and deeper you are than your thoughts. Presence is the healing agent."
~ Eckhart Tolle
Old 31-07-2022, 09:46 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingalways
Because most of us are so deeply conditioned to thinking about what went before (trauma) or what might happen later (effects of trauma) - the contents of the suffering mind

Interesting post. Just a couple of things it brought up for me.

Isn't it interesting that often it is Trauma which moves us onto 'The Spiritual Path' in the first place and it often the same Trauma which keeps us bound in
a way to not experiencing fully the 'Source Energy' as you say. Healing seems to be a process then as opposed to a one off realisation ?

Second point that came up for me was just because we can heal and forgive anything including heinous acts etc. doesn't mean we have to loosen our defences against such acts etc. ?
That is a complicated point which I've probably haven't done justice to. I think the point I want to make is it's not alright to act anyway we want just because we are at our source
free liberated and unbounded, or we have infinite love to forgive anything. Thanks for the post.

__________________________________________________ _______

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 31-07-2022, 01:25 PM
Thumbs up

Good posts, both!!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 31-07-2022, 05:23 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Good posts, both!!

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 04-08-2022, 08:59 AM
Master

I too find it strange how people can be drawn to spirituality as a transport for healing and yet can also keep people away from healing.

Source or self or "the Super conscious" as I have heard it most recently is a voice which has become louder over my own journey of healing. In fact, it has started to become so loud that it has really becomes the
only source of healing.

In reality though, it's always been this way, just through means which appeared more indirect.
Old 04-08-2022, 10:19 PM
Newbie ;)

Our traumas can be like holding hot rocks in our hands. They burn us, but we are often reluctant to let them go.
Old 05-08-2022, 07:15 AM
Master

I am no expert on Trauma, all I can go on are the interventions that worked for me which are meeting key people in the form of Counsellors, Artists, Monks/Nuns
and Spiritual teachers. In my experience you meet a handful of these in your lifetime, people you feel you can trust with your life. In reality you probably ever
only meet 2 or 3 of them. They are quite critical in the healing of Trauma and they keep the sufferer alive and supported till something new has grown back.
Also my experience of Trauma has been that there was a part of me that wished to return to former version of myself, a better version before the 'Trauma' took place.
Obviously this could be trickier if you want to explore childhood Trauma but I'm talking specifically about relationship break ups and stuff like that which is definitely linked
to childhood Trauma too.

Anyway this idea and it's probably a hardwired idea that we are going to find a better version of ourselves in the form of the version that went into that relationship
I have found to be painful and a bit bogus tbh. It just doesn't happen imo but as I say is hardwired so is kind of unavoidable.

You become wiser and more loving hopefully as you grow but you never go back. You are scarred I think not in a very bad way of course, a line from a Bob Dylan always reminded
of this fact in the Song "Not Dark Yet" when he says, I've still got the scars that the sun didn't heal. I could say alot more and probably will, it's a deeply profound subject. :)

Ps. Also the line in that Dylan Song "Behind every beautiful thing there's been some kind of pain" actually the whole song is a bloody masterpiece describing the pain of Trauma. Woww. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JBHyE18L3o