Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 23-07-2022, 03:02 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
You and your friends don't experience the 'things', you experience your individual responses to events. A dozen people can see the same thing/sunset but there will be a dozen unique experiences.
Of course people experience things. But it often is what events are you talking about as there may be two events. Many people don't experience current event but embrace past experiences. Event not matching event. So it is false to say people don't experience events as we know we do. Many fail to be in the now but are experiencing other experience the mind says are (still) things. Identify the thing. Many times false. A person who is sad for instance or angry will see that is the thing. Anger for instance is carried in viewing a sunset and so a question where the mind is at, more then the sunset no matter how beautiful the sunset is. The mind observes experience. So what make it unique is relative but not unique but certainly individual. Many times we must let go of things to experience as one wants to experience things so yes one is not allowing the experience and so does not. It is what you pay attention to. The active and quiet mind.

Last edited by lemex : 23-07-2022 at 03:54 PM.
Old 23-07-2022, 03:59 PM
Master
Hello,

Spirituality seems to have a wide range of interpretations.

Seems, experiences and what they may mean or descriptions may vary individually. At the core may bring up similar feelings, but filtered by what one believes/or not and told, at times.

Can be influenced by how a person is raised, taught, believes/or not, and understands. Seems lots of influences.

Could say a sun set (to use this example) is the work of God or due to how light is refracted and such (for example). Still it is noticed and experienced in some way. How it feels, descriptions, what may cause it, seems to come after the experience, as I see it.

This seems where spirituality tends to differentiate or branch out. May be talking about similar things or share common beliefs and understandings, but have the individual factor and/or group factors play into it. Which gives variety and in some cases differences, IMO.
Old 23-07-2022, 04:14 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
Your focused solely on perception and response.
But doesn't spirituality also recognize response so there is some truth and can't be entirely rejected. Response tells us a lot about perception.
Old 23-07-2022, 04:19 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Can be influenced by how a person is raised, taught, believes/or not, and understands. Seems lots of influences.
Beautifully said.
Old 23-07-2022, 05:53 PM
Molearner

Everyone’s processor is different by virtue of the unique memory of each processor. Maybe not fair to say: “Garbage in, garbage out” ? Not garbage but all definitely with many differences. It is that output which shapes the response but the stimuli is traceable and verifiable.
Old 23-07-2022, 06:32 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
Many people don't experience current event but embrace past experiences. Event not matching event. So it is false to say people don't experience events as we know we do.
The people who experience past events are not experiencing events, they're experiencing their memories and historic perceptions of the past events. Often people will remember the events themselves but they are usually accompanied by unconscious feelings. Those feelings can persist long after the events have passed and all memory has faded, even going back to childhood. So unless people have dealt with their perceptions of past experiences they could probably still be with them.

What you experience is your own perceptions relative to your Jungian ego. So you can look at a sunset and, because you're paying attention to keeping your mind quiet you'll experience it your way. Personally, I'm likely to become emotional or experience it from a photographer's perspective.

The mind isn't observing the experience because what makes the experience an experience is happening in the unconscious, the mind is simply observing time playing out.
Old 24-07-2022, 01:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
But doesn't spirituality also recognize response so there is some truth and can't be entirely rejected. Response tells us a lot about perception.

I’m not negating response and perceived interpretation. That makes up experience as one. But if you only look at this as the reason as to what makes up why people experience as they do, you miss vital direct experience that determines those things to begin with.

The example I gave an example of Stewart dyver and to fill in more, it also included seeing his wife trapped by a concrete beam as she lay in bed beside him. He remembers her screaming as she tried to keep her head out of the freezing water that had filled the cavity in which they lay. She'd died beside him only minutes after the landslide. Sixty-five hours later, he was rescued from the rubble and thrust into the media spotlight. This is his own unique experience, no one else experienced that. You can’t negate this experience that was real and defining to his life creation.

So in this example we can determine all the various types of experiences all of us might walk through from our earliest memories do initiate our involvement and awakening from such things or not.

My spiritual awakening was an experience that no one else has had and it determines much of what I do in my life now. Which comes back to unique experiences bridging unique processing, unique life experience.

We are talking differences in this thread and differences are determined from the whole, the totality of everything.
Old 24-07-2022, 10:28 AM
Master

spiritual experinece

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyacey12
Why do we all experience spirituality differently?

Spirituality is the experiences of vast infinite limitless borderless unending (a.k.a. God) by the finite (humans) expressed in limited words . This naturally can be quite different. Spiritual people expect similar experiences but NOT the same experience .
Old 24-07-2022, 04:12 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
But if you only look at this as the reason as to what makes up why people experience as they do, you miss vital direct experience that determines those things to begin with.
Thanks for the clarification though I think reason is used to justify experience. Trying going against it. Freewill. Absolutely agree everyone experiences. People are missing or having a different experience. I am saying people miss other experience because of reason. I am also aware everyone want differences and creates them. Example would be doing something negative via reasons. Reason match why and to not to ignore reason as reason tells us everything. Reason often allow one to excuse oneself and something not compatible with spirituality. About saying I had an experience no one has (ever) had I don't think true anymore. I think reasons show our attachments if we are mindful. There is no such thing (absolute) of a person having an (new) experience someone never ever had. Experience are physical. Old experience last a lifetime and without change will be just as said and be missed.

Last edited by lemex : 24-07-2022 at 05:00 PM.
Old 25-07-2022, 12:53 AM
Master
@lemex

I’m not sure what your pointing too, not exactly.

You don’t require justifying an experience that just is. You can be in an experience completely aware without interference and still it’s happening.

Reasoning kicks in for all humans around eight or nine, so early experiences do condition and determine things long before reasoning.

How many people would have experienced a life experience such as the example I gave?

That life experience along with all life experiences, plus people’s unique piece within the whole as a whole person does affect and determine much of what moves through all of them. Even the spiritual experience itself is determined by the whole host of creation within each person.

Of course there are sameness in issues but often differences in experiences.

If experience is determined by the whole then I alone are not entirely responsible for everything within me, of me and not of me. Until I realize of course what ‘I am’