Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 06-05-2022, 09:16 AM
Guide

How does one live with pain/suffering?

This is a genuine question.

There is an ongoing situation in my life which isn't going to change and there's nothing I can do beyond what I'm doing already. Acceptance seems to be the only way forward but the problem with that is the situation isn't really acceptable and there's so much pain over what could have been.

So do I just accept the pain/grief will always be there. I think the hardest part is knowing things could get even worse from how they already are and it's like living a kind of trauma that I can't escape from.

I know people live with all sorts of traumas and terrible situations and I don't know how they do. Do they just stay in the moment, or keep the faith that there's something better than this life?

Sorry this is rather bleak. I posted here because I guess I am looking for healing in some form but I can't begin to know what that looks like because it feels like there is no healing to be found.
Old 06-05-2022, 09:35 AM
Master
I can recall times in my process, whereby I just couldn’t see my way out. Couldn’t see that I could accept without change in some way. I struggled because I felt like it was hopeless almost..in time I realized I had to look at it differently. Meaning I had to change my mindset to a positive mantra in the face of what was and open differently. It helped me greatly ..it moved me to look at the situation differently. When this happened I began to do little things to build on that positive mindset. Things I couldn’t see previously because I felt my situation was hopeless. Change wasn’t possible.

I had to realize change wasn’t possible the way I thought. So I had to change my thoughts to let change in differently to what I perceived it had to be.

It’s a step by step process so one step at a time..

I hope this helps you in some way.
Old 06-05-2022, 10:23 AM
Guide

Thank you, yes that does help.

I know that all I can change is my thoughts/perspective of the situation. I guess my desire for things to be different is pretty entrenched and for good reason when I look back over my life. I've always been deeply spiritual though so maybe this is my cross to bear in this life and in dealing with this I'll grow as a person. The situation itself can't change- it involves another person - but my wishing it could is a real problem.

Anyway, thanks for taking time to respond.
Old 06-05-2022, 10:41 AM
Master
Your welcome.

There is a way out of suffering, but you have to recognise how to do it from within yourself. Circumstances, reflections through what is is all part of undoing, letting go, seeing that it’s within you to find it.
Old 06-05-2022, 10:48 AM
Administrator
I can Empathise with how you feel. the way I deal with it is to stay in the now try to have a positive mind I know its not always easy.
and remember that whatever you are going through now. someone somewhere is going through worse,
It tends to put things into perspective.

Namaste
Old 06-05-2022, 02:02 PM
Guide

Thanks both of you. Yes I need to reflect on all of this and find a way of re-framing from within. I know a lot of people have it worse and I do have a lot to be grateful for, it's just...things are far from easy right now.
Old 06-05-2022, 02:56 PM
Bambo

Im so sorry your going thru this my friend
Old 06-05-2022, 06:14 PM
Guide

Thank you Bambo, that's very kind.
Old 06-05-2022, 08:26 PM
Administrator
I understand where you are coming from more than you know, I can empathise with you

Namaste
Old 07-05-2022, 04:48 AM
Master
Be positive in all situation.
It's the only way to overcome.
In other words... LOVE unceasingly.
Love utopia