Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 07-03-2020, 03:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elabr8Aspie
Hi Shivani Devi,

So basically your conflicted and in two minds,regards to 'taking each day as it comes personality versus loss aversion personality.

Do you have any addictions ie:Smoking,alcohol,food etc?

On any medications?

PM,if you don't want to disclose on here.
I have an addiction to coffee, tea, raw sugar and certain types of food (high protein)...I am also a "binge smoker" meaning I will smoke two packs in one week and then go for 2-3 months without a smoke...I am allergic to ethanol (alcohol) and most pharmaceutical drugs...I am not on any medications..but anyway.

No, I am not conflicted at ALL because I know what I am and what I am not and there is NO way I am open to any changes in that regard...which seems to be totally lost on everybody else who WANTS me to change...because it is everyone else who is conflicted and NOT me..do you see?

Now, things like this exist to teach me a lesson...and it is about freaking TIME that I just surrendered to my "superiority psychosis" instead of fighting it or making excuses for it (in the name of others) because you know why? I am ALWAYS right and it's time I admitted that to myself a lot more than I do....would you like an example I received today? (This will be posted on many other threads as well)...

For quite a while now, I have been experiencing gastrointestinal upsets - IBS, GERD, liver problems, adrenal exhaustion etc and for ages I have been meaning to go back on my Ketogenic, Low FODMAP diet, but I never had the incentive to do so... always saying "I'll go back on my diet later" and "I'll be fine for now"...

Well, I went out today to get pasta, milk and white rice...all the shelves of these had been stripped bare EXCEPT for the wholemeal and gluten free pastas, the brown and wild rices and the skim milk powders..

It was then I noticed that the items people were hoarding and stripping all the shelves of were the highly refined, high carb, high GI products with high sugar, gluten and fat content... Everything "healthy" was left behind...nobody wanted anything that said "organic" or "low carb" of "lite" or "diet"....for many people out there, these are "swear words" ...so all of that remained untouched.

Then I got the message "this food is for YOU and the other food everyone else is scrounging for is for them and NOT you, so let them fight over it and don't worry about it".

I am able to eat things that nobody else would ever touch...use things others would throw away and this, eventually is what is going to ensure my survival...

So while other people are putting rheumatoid arthritis, heart disease, GERD and obesity into their trolleys, stocking up on those things, maybe it will drive the prices of whole foods, raw foods and organic produce down....one can only hope..

Meanwhile, I am getting out my Hunza sprouting kit, my juicer, and making some nut pastes while using Neem oil as my own personal "hand sanitizer".

I know enough about herbal medicine and Ayerveda to not give a damn about all those who are hoarding "white death" products.

This has given me the insentive to assert my individuality, adaptability and my DIS-connection from humanity....only it took me three goddamn months to FINALLY learn my lesson...so that is why I share it here now.
Old 07-03-2020, 04:23 AM
ant

Hi Shivani,

I'd recommend Working on all addictions,if you wish to move forward on the spiritual path.

The coffee,Tea,some foods and some binge smoking,may seem tame or harmless,but rest assured,they have a hold,impede progress and are attachments.

Try quitting,you'll see the tug o war and how the inner voice/ego tries to make excuses,opposed to your common sense self.

Though i think you know that already.

Facts are facts and from my own experiencing,addiction/s conflict the mind.
Old 07-03-2020, 04:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Hi Shivani,

I'd recommend Working on all addictions,if you wish to move forward on the spiritual path.

The coffee,Tea,some foods and some binge smoking,may seem tame or harmless,but rest assured,they have a hold,impede progress and are attachments.

Try quitting,you'll see the tug o war and how the inner voice/ego tries to make excuses,opposed to your common sense self.

Though i think you know that already.

Facts are facts and from my own experiencing,addiction/s conflict the mind.
Thanks for your suggestions...it is appreciated.

Now, if I could only get over my addiction to breathing, we would have a winner....

...but yep, I shall cut down on the caffeine, but try not to limit my smoking right now, because all that does to my subconscious mind is tell it to say "smoke more" until I need to see a hypnotherapist to get me out of that pattern of self sabotage that I am not even consciously aware of doing...which sucks.

Besides all that, I really don't want to "move forward on the spiritual path" anymore for a while...I have had enough of that...way too many unrealistic expectations which end in disappointment.
Old 07-03-2020, 06:22 AM
ant

Yeah anyhow,time for me to disconnect from the net.

This is all a distraction and unconstructive.

Take care and good luck.
Old 07-03-2020, 08:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Yeah anyhow,time for me to disconnect from the net.

This is all a distraction and unconstructive.

Take care and good luck.
Yeah, you are probably addicted to the internet and need to break that addiction, so take care and good luck to you as well.
Old 07-03-2020, 10:19 PM
Master
THIRD CASE:

Those who love stones, crystals and minerals are amazed of the diversity available for people.

One such stone some people are seeking out is Shungite. Shungite is a little bit expensive so some dealers have been substituting Anthracite for Shungite. By changing the name, the product is now worth 10-20 times more.

As for the substitution, the average person can not tell the difference and even the 'experts' will tell you they can not also.

this is a scheme that is hard to detect.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 14-03-2020, 11:32 PM
Ascender

Hello all--as we together navigate current circumstances.

When it comes to examining the consequences of acts of intentional misrepresentation, we may well look at the consequences to those who have been mislead,, duped, tricked, etc.-perhaps we look at the consequences to those who we believe have actually carried out such acts in terms of a) doing so helps in establishing what motive such persons may have, which in turn may help in discerning whether or not we are indeed looking at intentional misrepresentation for personal gain, and b) to make some sort of assessment of the disruption caused by such acts and the extent of the damage done.

However, we perhaps rarely consider what consequence such acts may have upon the well being of the mind of those who choose to mislead others in such a manner.

It may be that those who seek to gain personal advantage by means of intentionally misleading others by seeking to trap others in a false narrative may well themselves become trapped within that narrative, able to escape from it only by owning up to its falsehood and seeking forgiveness from those they have mislead.

Rather like being trapped in a "Truman Show" of your own construction.

Those who realise that they have been mislead however are free to leave as soon as that realisation happens.

petex

Last edited by weareunity : 15-03-2020 at 08:09 AM.
Old 15-03-2020, 07:36 AM
ant

How long and hence threw suffering,do you want to keep up the charade that you are important.
Old 16-03-2020, 04:38 PM
Ascender

hello Elabr8aspie.
Is your post above intended as a question?--if so, is it a question you are asking of anyone in particular? cheers.
petex
Old 16-03-2020, 07:22 PM
ant

Hi petex,

Initially,it was pointed in one direction,but is applicable to those who operate on a half light bulb.