Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 13-08-2021, 10:55 PM
Guide

Just some questions.
What if you cut the cords with someone with your free will, doesn't that mean you are interfering with their free will?
What if they (consiously or not) want to keep the cords?
Old 13-08-2021, 11:13 PM
Suspended
Master
Back in 1916 I tried a cord cutting prayer to Archangel Michael with my twin when we were communicating by email. It seemed to lessen the intensity and what I felt was like a feeling of misery from the separation. It didn't completely stop the spiritual connection, though.
Old 14-08-2021, 09:28 AM
Madamedude

As suggested, you can put people on ignore, on social medias, here, or even if you come across them just pretend they don't exist. Putting another person on ignore is putting yourself on first row, or living your life. Doesn't mean you hate the person though, just you need time for yourself and chances are the other needs the time out too.

One short story : around a decade ago, I finally put someone on ignore, because I had to live my life, and so did they. That person did not take it well and "scolded" me into "not doing that again". After that, I hid their publications, on SM. After a few years I thought about them, and decided to check on them. They were going through chaos and I got worried, and quite frankly, a bit guilty, maybe I could've helped a little if I kept and eye out, which led me to ask a friend of my friend what happened. All I wanted to know was if the person would be okay, which of course was a bit silly, but I worried. That friend of my friend refused politely to ask, telling it was none of my business, and that he will tell her I asked, I completely understood and was happy my friend had such a loyal friend. Then the next day, My friend came utterly mad at me, because to them I've always been acting out, manipulating. I understand why they didn't understand why I didn't ask them directly though, I just wanted to leave them at peace and not poke the knife. That time, my friend put me on ignore, and shortly after that, I got my own chaos to deal with. Later, that person came back, and again, they freaked out after a while. I did freak out too though, I'm not one to lay the blame on someone else. That person would be surprised to know that I put them on ignore first. They seem to think it's a privilege reserved for them, and to them it seems that, by default, my intentions are malignant, and only after careful examination maybe I'm not so bad after all.

It's true though, if you put a person on ignore it mimicks the cord cutting, and you resume living your life, growing and learning, so on and so forth.

As immensely as I care for and love my friend, and I can't let them become my whole world, and neither should they. I'm so done with the mindplays, whether I participated in those, conscious or not. I want to see what happens if we grow to our best. If I just let them exist on their own, even on ignore, they are still a part of my world though. A key part. And if we are to never meet again, then fine, so be it. I release the attachment to their body, location, whether they're happy or sad, good health, everything to let the love they infused in my heart fully express itself, free of constraint, rules, boundaries you name it. And I know I'll be well with just leaving it at that, maybe it'll do the same for them.

All that to say : even if you cut the cords today, it doesn't mean they won't come back later. And if it feels right for you to cut yourself away from them, then you should not hesitate, nor should you care for how mad they will be for it ! Take care of yourself, let them take care of themselves.

What helps me to release attachment is to see what this person did for me as follows :

My heart was an empty cup,
You came and poured some water in it,
Love then infused in my whole being.
Now I am the one pouring water for you,
Because it feels right to do so, not because I have to.

Of course it was all adressed to any reader.

I take it your old thread reappearing as a sign and I'll do the same. There, done.
Old 14-08-2021, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldous
Back in 1916 I tried a cord cutting prayer to Archangel Michael with my twin when we were communicating by email.
You're older than I thought.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 14-08-2021, 12:19 PM
Master
I have always seen cord cutting like cutting grass, it will grow back unless one lets go. This will sever the ties.
Old 14-08-2021, 04:19 PM
asearcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpioRising
Just some questions.
What if you cut the cords with someone with your free will, doesn't that mean you are interfering with their free will?
What if they (consiously or not) want to keep the cords?
as i see it you cant force a relationship on someone, takes 2 people of free will to have one, for real. and you can't force another person to feel about you the way you want them too, they may even on some level want to but just can't, just don't feel it no more or never have for some reason.

the way i see it is that you can't force a connection on someone.

I think someone can feel the connection more than the other too, that it is not equal.
Old 14-08-2021, 04:59 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by asearcher
as i see it you cant force a relationship on someone
Thanks for your reply, but that's not what I really meant.
Of course you can't force a relationship on someone..

Last edited by DesertRose : 14-08-2021 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Superfluous comment..
Old 14-08-2021, 05:24 PM
asearcher

My apologies, i wrote in such a haste and did not do a good job explaining myself, LOL.

I guess what I meant is that I pretty much see a connection as a relationship. Although not many of us (us on this forum might be an exception ;) has perhaps felt a kind of connection out of the ordinary, that is feeling the other persons feeling when that person is physically far away, when that person is in danger, just feeling the person. so that is what I meant with connection. Oh, God and let's not forget the dreams, visitation dreams.

For it to then be cut from one side (one person) it is the same if a person has cut off contact but now have not only done it on the surface but done it all the way, all the layers, the subcounscious. If it has done that it is like a gate and the other person can't get through that gate unless the other person suddenly decide to open it. like when you're done you're done (free will) and the other person even with its own free will can't get through the gate unless the other one says so. It may interfer with what one person want (the one with the free will to have contact) but there has to be boundries with other people's free will as well. Anyways, that is how my mind goes, on the subject, at least for now.
sorry for being clumpsy before :)
Old 14-08-2021, 07:11 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by asearcher
like when you're done you're done (free will) and the other person
even with its own free will can't get through the gate unless the other one says so
No apology necessary! And you are not clumpsy..
I should've been a bit clearer.
Thanks for your explanation.. :)
Old 14-08-2021, 11:42 PM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
You're older than I thought.
Woops, that should be 2016.