Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 31-01-2023, 05:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I have not read any spiritual lit, either.
I offered a kidney a few months ago to an old friend --I was not a match.

Bravo! I mean it
Old 31-01-2023, 05:14 PM
Master
Back to topic ~ my personal view is that there is no harm in giving or receiving any organ, if needed for medical reasons.
Old 31-01-2023, 09:44 PM
Administrator
As I said in a previous post it is not for me. not that there is much left to take I have had a lot of operations. and I know there is more to follow.
I know that my sisters are Donors but they have PROMS they don't know if the organs would be suitable

I would not condemn anyone for donating their organs. it is a personal choice

Namaste
Old 01-02-2023, 01:17 PM
Master

Red....
Spiritually it won't make any difference.
Our soul and body / parts are 2 completely different things.
If we start talking about body parts as being "haunted" as in still carrying the traits of the previous owner we have all been watching too many "hammer horrors "....
The fact that you may have tried to help other people,even after your own death can only be testimony ( after your demise ) of the type of person you are.
You care.
Now , don't know bout you chick.. but I'm all for showing AA Michael my worth.
A lass needs to flirt !!!
Old 01-02-2023, 06:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
If we start talking about body parts as being "haunted" as in still carrying the traits of the previous owner we have all been watching too many "hammer horrors "....

Perhaps ''haunting'' is not quite the right way to put it, but people can develop/discover new talents from donors, through the organ.
Old 02-02-2023, 09:44 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Perhaps ''haunting'' is not quite the right way to put it, but people can develop/discover new talents from donors, through the organ.
Well Pet, I can guarantee if anyone was lucky enough to inherit my "bits and pieces" they would be one very lucky and unique individual LOL....
( Or un- lucky as the case may be !!!!! )....
I would hope they would inherit my sense of humour as I can't cope with the inability to laugh ...!

But I do agree it's a sensitive subject .
The only thing I CAN comment about is seeing the recipients of organs that go on to live a normal Healthy life and when interviewed they are beyond gratitude.
Occasionally they meet the family of the donor and it's a really emotional experience for both parties.
Old 03-02-2023, 04:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Mainly because any organs received would still have the aura of the previous owner, which makes it a bit of a lottery.

This word reminds me of another topic, in which a minority among altruistic people ended up with health issues, and where it is not understood why they develop these issues.
The ethics there and here feel somewhat familiar. It's difficult to openly navigate, as an opt-out choice could easily be viewed as insensitive and egotistical. Should someone just be altruistic or decide to guard and lord over their own body and/or choice?

Donating organs to those you're on good terms with sounds reasonable enough, perhaps leading to better results. How would things be if all organ donations, vaccines, and medicine were tailored to the person in question? If our entire body could be mapped, and our relationships carefully analysed, then better matches could be made.

And what is ''death'' anyway, and when does ''clinical death'' actually mean ''gone and no longer in this world''?
Old 03-02-2023, 06:34 PM
Master

Quote:
Donating organs to those you're on good terms with sounds reasonable enough, perhaps leading to better results. How would things be if all organ donations, vaccines, and medicine were tailored to the person in question? If our entire body could be mapped, and our relationships carefully analysed, then better matches could be made.
A fine idea, but I get the impression that donated organs are in very short supply. If the available choices are very limited then someone could wait a long time for the ideal match.

Quote:
And what is ''death'' anyway, and when does ''clinical death'' actually mean ''gone and no longer in this world''?
A good question. Resorting to Wikipedia:

Clinical death is the medical term for cessation of blood circulation and breathing, the two criteria necessary to sustain the lives of human beings and of many other organisms. It occurs when the heart stops beating in a regular rhythm, a condition called cardiac arrest.

But elsewhere we read that clinical death is:

death as judged by the medical observation of cessation of vital functions. It is typically identified with the cessation of heartbeat and respiration, though modern resuscitation methods and life-support systems have required the introduction of the alternative concept of brain death.

Peace
Old 03-02-2023, 08:09 PM
Master
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...home-rcna68936

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw39...l=ThanatosTVEN
Old 03-02-2023, 10:00 PM
Master
Read a story (in Dutch) about a man who was in a coma. He received the ''clinically dead'' label and was apparently dead. But oh wait, he was really just dead for a week! Family was asked if organs could be harvested, they refused. Man woke up a week later and went on to live on for another 24 years.

https://www.medicaldaily.com/ny-hosp...-medical-staff

https://nos.nl/artikel/2230751-jonge...nen-te-doneren

As a side note, there are examples where supposed 'dead' and 'not aware' people are actually aware, can hear what is going on and feel touch, but can't respond most of the time. This makes it all the more important to stay close to these people, talk to them, and assume they can hear and feel you. It might just save their lives!

Last edited by Altair : 03-02-2023 at 11:02 PM.