Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 16-12-2022, 02:45 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by weareunity
Hi FallingLeaves.
The entry "one can always continue if one simply decides to find a way to continue"--as per that same paragraph--suggests that the need remains for else there would be no need to find an alternative way of providing for that need??
im also glad we can share a little bit, this was forbidden for a very very long time.

I dunno when I wrote that I was thinking more along the lines that if you decide to continue without a need you can find something else to do with your time? Not so much to find other ways to fill the need... although thinking about it going down that path could be useful as an intermediate step kinda like for muscle-building.

Whereas if you get stuck in your desire to have the need fulfilled you kinda reach a stopping point? You won't do anything else because you are embroiled in the desire to get your need filled and it consumes you?

In my view sometimes people just quit relating to life when they aren't allowed things they think they have to have, other times they seemingly get nonsensical or antisocial, other times they check out entirely and opt for the hope there is a better life in the beyond or even decide that no life at all is better than not having what they need.

In my experience if you but make the choice to continue without when confronted with a need that went unmet, the need becomes less needful over time (sometimes a lot of time, there is a place for patience lol), and you also find there is life beyond the need. After that maybe it is more like a tendency, something one finds desirable but no longer so all-consuming that it is something that has to happen at all costs.

well that is my view from where I am right now, I think there is a lot more to it though. Lol.
Old 17-12-2022, 02:32 AM
Ascender

hello FallingLeaves.

It seems like we are engaged in an exploration/explanation of the feelings generated and encountered when the tenacious pursuit of an objective somehow and for some reason turns into something like an all encompassing and consuming fixation to achieve that objective.?

Such circumstances must be very distressing and difficult to navigate, and the experiences and insights of those who find/have found themselves in such circumstances is of great value in such exploration.

To some extent we have perhaps all been in that place, if only fleetingly. We tread gently therefore.

Thanks.
Old 19-12-2022, 01:16 AM
Master

yeah im actually myself trying to avoid the all-consuming stuff... i turned most of my goals either into 'that isn't worth it' or 'that might be nice but I'm not going out of my way to get it' lol. And there is some 'well I want it, but, let's be serious about what I'm willing to do to get it so maybe I won't have it'. And even some 'let's be real, I'm not going to be allowed to have THAT no matter how much effort I go to'.

But at the same time, I'm well aware of the fact that taking any given feeling seriously as if it it must be has a cost... and sometimes I color outside the lines lol... which as you say can be somewhat distressing!
Old 24-12-2022, 11:06 PM
Ascender

Hello all.
In the subconscious, below the conscious fixated endeavours to achieve relatively measured personal power, prestige, wealth, recognition, status,etc., there may exist the hollow sensation of emptiness which comes from feeling unrecognised, insignificant, and alone, disconnected.

In this conscious fixation can be seen an attempt of the mind to self provide some some sort of substitute measure of worth in a necessary effort to compensate for what was not freely given, or seemingly proffered --but only as response, --or perhaps even locked out.

Love is that power which can and does fill that emptiness.

The power of love is not only able to fulfill this function in the receiving of it, but is mysteriously able to also fulfill that function in the giving of it.

Imo and I believe also in the opinion and experience of others through the ages.

Christmas greetings.xx
Old 27-12-2022, 02:18 AM
Master

hope you had a nice christmas!