Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 02-09-2022, 01:15 PM
Pathfinder

I am already enjoying the dicussions going on this thread.
The 'kāma manas' was the word popped in my head when I was listening to a discourse on Kabbalah the other day, there was a discussion going on about Malkuth.

Old 03-09-2022, 01:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeta
I am already enjoying the dicussions going on this thread.
The 'kāma manas' was the word popped in my head when I was listening to a discourse on Kabbalah the other day, there was a discussion going on about Malkuth.
Despite having practiced under the guidance of a Hindu sage for over 30 years, I had never heard the expression "kama manas" though, of course, I am familiar with both Sanskrit words and the point being made with the "kama manas" expression.

Having also studied for 2 years under a Kabbalistic Rabbi, I was initially surprised at some very interesting parallels between Hinduism and esoteric Kabbalistic Judaism. Only yesterday, I was discussing this with a close Kabbalistic friend of mine --- particularly the obvious parallels between the Hindu Chakras and the Sephirot (Spheres on the Tree of Life). Malkuth is the 10th Sephirot at the bottom of the Tree of Life.

Nice comment.
Old 03-09-2022, 02:51 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
Despite having practiced under the guidance of a Hindu sage for over 30 years, I had never heard the expression "kama manas" though, of course, I am familiar with both Sanskrit words and the point being made with the "kama manas" expression.
Yes you guessed it correctly, kāma manas is not a word but a Sanskrit compound, just like kāma prāṇa which is related to the Nefesh.

Yes there are parallels between Chakras and Sefirots, have you read the Bhagvad Gita AND the Zohar? These two texts have multiple layers of knowledge. Go deeper in them and you will find more parallels beyond the chakras and sefirots.

Yukteshwar Giri was a well known scholar of the Bhagvad Gita and that's why this thread is a treat for me to read

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 03-09-2022 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 03-09-2022, 07:58 PM
Knower
https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/s...1&postcount=34
Cool response, Still Waters.
Quote:
Yes you guessed it correctly, kāma manas is not a word but a Sanskrit compound, just like kāma prāṇa which is related to the Nefesh.

Yes there are parallels between Chakras and Sefirots, have you read the Bhagvad Gita AND the Zohar?
Careful, you might sound like me... :(

https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/s...4&postcount=20

Last edited by Wagner : 03-09-2022 at 09:57 PM.
Old 04-09-2022, 01:08 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote from Life After Death After Life

“Only when a being has no further desires for experiences in the pleasing-to-the-eye astral cosmos, and cannot be tempted to go back there, does he remain in the causal world. Completing there the work of redeeming all causal karma or seeds of past desires, the confined soul thrusts out the last of the three corks of ignorance and, emerging from the final jar of the causal body, commingles with the Eternal.

And there is something that even out weights all that
Old 04-09-2022, 09:06 PM
Master
QUOTE 63 EXCERPT:
Quote:
Yes there are parallels between Chakras and Sefirots, have you read the Bhagvad Gita AND the Zohar?
Yukteshwar Giri was a well known scholar of the Bhagvad Gita and that's why this thread is a treat for me to read
The teachings in the Bhagavad Gita are among the best published teachings for the masses. There is indeed a lot of depth there. What I particularly like about the Gita is that it acknowledges the fact that practices can vary significantly based on the temperament of the practitioner. Three general approaches are presented: (1) jnana/self-inquiry; (2) bhakti/devotion; and (3) karma yoga --- losing one's self in service to others.

I was fortunate to have accompanied my own spiritual mentor to the Haridwar Kumbha Mela in 1998 where I was able to march in the great procession to the Ganges, accompany my teacher to the bandaras (feasts), and personally meet some of the extraordinary yogis from the caves of the Himalayas. Interactions with such beings .... telepathically in some cases ... can be far more illuminating than any books.

As for the Zohar, I attended a few sessions conducted by various teachers on that subject, but somehow the Zohar never really resonated with me. On the other hand, I have read the writings of some of the eminent Kabbalistic Rabbis and I agree with you that there are a LOT of parallels between esoteric Judaism and Hinduism. Teachers often reveal in private what is rarely even mentioned in public lectures or books, and I have accordingly sought out the extraordinary beings from the various wisdom traditions for that precise reason.

As for Sri Yukteswar, I would have loved to have met him in person especially after reading his short book, "The Holy Science". Even more than being a scholar of the Bhagavad Gita, Yukteswar seems (at least to me) to be one who has gone far beyond what can be communicated in any book.

You seem to have a very diversified background in the wisdom traditions. I am glad to see you contributing to this thread.
Old 04-09-2022, 09:08 PM
Master
QUOTE 54 EXCERPT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagner

Thank you.
Old 04-09-2022, 09:10 PM
Master
QUOTE 65 EXCERPT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffin
And there is something that even out weights all that
Could you elaborate further on that?
Old 05-09-2022, 09:57 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
For most, those who have not forgotten, it is a very familiar experience.

That sounds very nice/interesting. Thank you as always Starman for sharing your presence and experience.

Disclaimer: I think I would be scared when I die.
Old 05-09-2022, 10:07 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
Love is Lord of all; the greatest joy in life is to be loved, especially to experience overwhelming intoxicating unconditional love that engulfs our whole being. It short circuits our mind and all our senses. Regardless of what we have done here in our earthly life, that pure love is within all of us untouched by this world. It came with us when we arrived here on Earth and will leave with us when we go. What we call love is the fabric of our deeper being.

Gratitude.