Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 12-02-2023, 12:33 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Lets be honest, the atheist doctors haven't a clue what 'life' and 'death' actually is.
Ditto that for many regular folk.
Old 13-02-2023, 12:54 AM
I was surprised talking to the Kidney Donation folks in Manhattan that you could be 76 and donate, btw...but naturally
you have to be the same blood type!
We were not.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 13-02-2023, 10:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by boyce
Ditto that for many regular folk.

Yes, but the doctor is immersed in identifying the person as a product of the body. If you work with human bodies 24/7 and see all the relationships within it you might conclude it is all there is to being a human. Your thinking could become mechanical. Likewise, an extreme meditator may become malnourished and distanced to the point he ruins his body.

I wouldn't be surprised if the vast majority of doctors and surgeons are atheists. This will impact their conclusions and how they interpret 'life'. It might lead to people that are 'brain dead' being viewed of as truly ''dead'' (whatever that is). The atheist (mentality) is then deciding what is life and death, or what constitutes as 'quality life'. The other patient that is screaming and in pain is then viewed as to be saved with a new organ, whereas the brain dead patient, though still alive, is not responding and might just be viewed as less important.

There are assumptions throughout this practice. People cannot get rid of their beliefs concerning life and death.
Old 13-02-2023, 10:50 AM
Experiencer

Ignorance and prejudice is never helpful in medicine but who could we trust to draw up alternative guidelines concerning the point of death? There is no perfect system. Even spiritually knowledgeable individuals would probably find it hard to medically codify the point after which death has taken place.

Banning post mortem transplantation of organs would resolve all the issues.
Old 13-02-2023, 05:12 PM
Master
Quote:
There is no perfect system.
Indeed, there isn't. Everything in this world is temporary, we are, humanity is, species' adaptations are temporary, etc. Everything only ''works'' because of specific conditions.
Quote:
Banning post mortem transplantation of organs would resolve all the issues.
Why would it have to be solved, boyce? People just gotta think about it and make a choice. No biggie what that choice is.
Make your choice, accept the consequence. Omnis Licitus.
Old 13-02-2023, 05:20 PM
Master
I was just thinking...

There have been organ transplantations where they used animal organs for humans (xenotransplantation). They have used organs of baboons, chimpanzees, rabbits and pigs. Then I read that for human transplants, they may even use eyes and face!

Ethics aside, maybe one day it will be workable as a long term solution. What would it mean if someone continues to have their own heart but with the brains of say, a gorilla? Or what if you get the heart of a horse? Are you still yourself? Or are you possessed? Are there two souls in competition?
Old 13-02-2023, 06:33 PM
Master

Quote:
...What would it mean if someone continues to have their own heart but with the brains of say, a gorilla? ...
Hmmm. Reminds me of one or two people.

Peace
Old 13-02-2023, 09:06 PM
Master
Yes, and I can think of a few more.

But jokes aside, people can develop new tastes and talents through an organ of someone else. Makes me really wonder what will be observed once there are successful long term xenotransplation examples.
Old 13-02-2023, 10:19 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Why would it have to be solved, boyce? People just gotta think about it and make a choice.
It doesn't have to be solved but it might help those who are uncertain. I don't have any issues with status quo.