Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 15-11-2016, 11:15 AM
Master
Since my teens i always wondered about it. But never had anyone to learn from or to support the different way of thinking. But 2 years a good friend of my wife sparked the idea again. My wife also wanted to learn that was a great set up. But my wifes friend had issues of her own and she disappeared as quick as she came in to our lives. I was 38 years old when I first started to learn so that's 38 years of more traditional stuff that has to be worked with. But my mind is always open. I am 40 now i really want to learn more. Guess that's why I'm here.
Old 07-08-2021, 05:25 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Völvawitch
I just feel completely at home on the Asatru path.
I've definitely been considering it as an option lately

I spent most of my life considering the Amish an option
though I usually just remain a solitary eclectic unaffiliated independent individual

Asatru as far as I know wants you to be asatru only ~ I guess christians are the same way ~ I don't like to be tied to anything as I tend to get around
Old 07-10-2021, 06:22 AM
Seeker

My path to syncretic Neo-Paganism was a slow one, I decided to be a Neo-Pagan at age 14 by my path there took place earlier because I was taught stories about Germanic and Slavic myth as well as from Greece. Slavic mythology was told to me as I asked about what the Slavs were because my last name is Slavic so I learned about their cosmology, Baba Yaga, and the crusades against the Slavs and other conversions. I was told these stories because my parents thought stories were important as stories and they never enforced any religion onto me so I could choose on my own. As a result of hearing these stories though I didn't really believe in the deities emotionally I felt them sacred so at first I started more as an "Atheo-Pagan" and for many years I slowly learned more about Germanic and Slavic paganism but only slowly because I was concerned with my work as a Highschooler dealing with my special needs and trying to figure somethings out. Then after Highschool I noticed I had a lot more free time even as a community college student with a part time job that I can catch up on what I missed having missed a lot. I then realized that I am less of an Atheo-Pagan and more of a Neo-Pagan because that is how I feel, I felt that paganism was sacred to me because of what it teaches so I knew through this feeling that I very much believed in the gods. As of early 2021 I began to actually practice my beliefs so only recently over this seven year journey, I am a syncretic of Germanic and Slavic pagansim who also worships Athena(My dad is a giant fan of Athena even though he's an atheist).
Old 23-12-2021, 02:30 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hologram8

Asatru as far as I know wants you to be asatru only ~ I guess christians are the same way ~ I don't like to be tied to anything as I tend to get around

okay I found a better link that isn't poisoned with too much politics and personal opinions ~ maybe I was just looking at the wrong asatru group

How Do I Become Ásatrú?
Old 04-01-2022, 02:43 AM
Experiencer

When I was on my path I was drawn to Runes, and then everything kind've fell into place.
Old 19-04-2022, 03:27 AM
Pathfinder
I guess you could say this.

I was raised in a strict Irish Catholic household. I was made to believe I was put into this world to suffer and pay for my sins.

I kept a close relationship with the lord, but I slowly started drifting away from the Catholic church myself.

I have a close connection with the lord, I truly do, but I noticed my beliefs started branching out to different realms.

I was invited to a Hare Krishna temple in Boston. I was exposed to different religions and realized my fear was over nothing. The people welcomed me with open arms. This was around 18 years old.

The largest thing for me was the idea of the karmics and twin flames, and reincarnation of souls. That does not belong to the Bible, but I've had way too many coincidences to explain off what I felt. I knew I met my twin flame, and you know it when you do.

Bumping into a woman multiple times in my life at grocery stores and coffee shops. Not being able to escape our presence. Feeling like we've known each other for our entire lives without even saying a word. She moved next door to my grandmother's childhood home. We drove the same model car and liked the same music.

Every time her presence became near, I would look at the clock and it would always be angel numbers. Especially 11:11. I'd have dreams about this woman before even meeting her. I really don't make this up.

We had our separation to, and for some reason when we were separated, it felt like I had grown closer to her. We were communicating the entire time, even though we were separated.

I began very interested in Celtic traditions. I'm not going to call myself a devout pagan. I still celebrate Catholic holidays. I still have a close relationship and pray to the lord. I do believe that the teachings of the church are somewhat limited.

When it comes to paganism. It's not that I became a pagan. I was already practicing a lot of pagan and Hindu beliefs and I didn't know it. Pagan culture is just very spiritual, and it gave me a connection to my universe that the church could not.
Old 30-07-2023, 12:53 AM
Pathfinder

This is dark, sorry if it is triggering but I was a teenage rape victim and Aphrodite helped me through my trauma. That's what got me on the pagan path really... She just kind of came to me...

Sorry...
Old 01-08-2023, 08:33 AM
Knower

Peace crystal that is very interesting I also sensed the Celtic roots, my gran was Celtic Irish, could the twin flame be the same as synchronicity?
I am not sure where I am meant to be but feel this yearn inside me very strong and all my life I have felt it, I was different and never fitted in, having Autism aswell didn’t help, but I will never forget the lucid dream I had when I was younger, I thought I had woken up in real life, it seemed so real, I was able to interact and walk around my home, I went downstairs into the living room and it was like a bird sanctuary, what looked like a thrasher bird gave me a scroll with a name on it I had never heard before, and when I looked outside an owl was sitting there and just winked at me.

I had the same experience happen but this time I was above the roof tops, following beautiful patterns, and that’s where I met him, he was a Druid with beautiful green eyes, he said he had been watching over me my entire life, and he is waiting for me to awaken, so I went on a spiritual awakening journey to find him. I have a shadow in my visions who has been teaching me, he shows me how to perform energy within. I am very patient, and here in the now just being.

I am not sure where it will take me, but I have been guided to study patterns and geomancy, the Celtic ogham tree alphabet, plants and medicine, one in particular was Silphium which is now extinct, and on the old Egyptian carvings and coin, but Iknow how to use it if that makes sense. I have completed light work and shadow work, and seen myself as a ying yang, and my sacred space has opened up and expanded. I get so much knowledge through dreams, and learning so much, like ancestral connections. I am still not sure exactly what it means but I am patient to see where it goes, and allowing it to unfold naturally.
Old 21-12-2023, 10:21 PM
Knower
I am coming into Paganism for two main reasons. I'm looking for a path that is at one with nature, which is missing from the previous traditions I've followed. Also I feel a bit alienated culturally because those previous traditions I practiced are rooted in the East and it feels like I am being drawn back home to the faith of my ancestors and rooted in the land around me.
That brings me to the Pagan traditions of Celtic Druidry and Anglo-Saxon Heathenry as I'm English. My heritage is most likely a mixture of the two so I'm learning about those at the moment, leaning towards the Heathens. I'm mostly reading, meditating, and spending time in nature, and also preparing myself for a practice of some kind. I'm looking around at different groups to join and setting up a little altar as a focus. Just something simple to begin with, a few natural artifacts and maybe a picture or statue of a god/goddess.
Old 31-01-2024, 09:07 AM
Newbie ;)

I loved magic as a little kid and I remember my mum going for tarot readings and believing in ghost and things, she encouraged me to believe in things for as long as i could and when i got the internet i started looking for signs of magic in the real world and kind of fell into paganism from there.