Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Forum Help

Closed Thread

Old 22-11-2020, 08:22 AM
JustASimpleGuy

The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

Over the past several days I notice this issue popping up again. This very same message is what preceded the previous catastrophic forum failure. As before I don't think it's the forum per se, but resource issues with the platform/server/hosting service.
Old 22-11-2020, 08:39 AM
Deactivated Account
I saw it this morning - 08.00 GMT - but it's the first time for me since the 'melt-down'. As the time equates to midnight PST I thought it might be server updating but as I don't know where the server is, or when it's updated, I'm left wondering if it might indeed be a recurrence of the previous near-disastrous problem.
Old 22-11-2020, 08:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
I saw it this morning - 08.00 GMT - but it's the first time for me since the 'melt-down'. As the time equates to midnight PST I thought it might be server updating but as I don't know where the server is, or when it's updated, I'm left wondering if it might indeed be a recurrence of the previous near-disastrous problem.
Was the Server in England?
As for this problem....... it has been 'with us' for some time.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 22-11-2020, 08:54 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Was the Server in England? As for this problem....... it has been 'with us' for some time.
I was under the impression it is in the UK because I remarked on it some time ago but after the last problems I'm now unsure.

I've always thought it strange that any server would be busy (unless backing up) in either the early morning UK or at midnight PST when there's likely to be fewer using it than during the day or evening. Add to that it's the ONLY website I've ever had such a notification about over many years and numerous websites.

I'm guessing there's always back ups happening but with this website's host I'm not so sure given the fiasco a couple of months back. It might be prudent for the website owner to consider whether a different host is worth considering.
Old 22-11-2020, 09:18 AM
Elfin

....I have noticed the same, which has worried me, as this happened prior to collapse. I only worry because I don't want the forum to dissapear again for a long time.
Old 22-11-2020, 09:50 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
....I have noticed the same, which has worried me, as this happened prior to collapse. I only worry because I don't want the forum to dissapear again for a long time.

It's not looking reassuring.....history repeating itself?
Old 23-11-2020, 11:01 PM
Guide
Lightbulb

On another thread, annonafox said that SF is now upgraded to a dedicated server - the implication being that it can handle better busier times.
Old 24-11-2020, 08:44 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
On another thread, annonafox said that SF is now upgraded to a dedicated server - the implication being that it can handle better busier times.

That being the situation perhaps nothing much can now be changed? It's fingers crossed the server's performance has been properly matched to the anticipated needs of this website.

I know nothing about the way server's operate but the little I've learned about computers is that they function more effectively/reliably if there is a sufficient 'storage reserve'. If servers have comparable characteristics might there be justification for 'pruning' old material - getting rid of ancient and/or rarely visited categories and threads for example?

There is a huge range of categories on SF, many threads and postings from way-back-when. If a server would be quicker to back up, and/or quicker to process active discussions, by getting rid of little-used material then surely some housekeeping would be justified?

My guess would be that some of the threads could be made significantly smaller by removing the oldest postings without materially affecting their overall value for anyone looking back. After all, how many - I wonder - would want to read postings made more than, say, a couple of years ago?

Of course if pruning would achieve no significant improvement to this website then it would be a pointless activity.
Old 27-11-2020, 12:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
I have also said elsewhere that old threads might be closed but left readable, pruning old ones when it would help website performance and reliability.

Some of us like to look back
at the past and what whent
before.
There are some incredible
insights into spirituality people
have shared.
in places where others do not.
Old 24-11-2020, 05:43 AM
Master
I'm here regularly and haven't noticed this.
Maybe this is the universe's way of saying that you guys need to get out more.
Closed Thread