Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > ESP & Telepathy

Old 31-12-2014, 01:35 PM
Deactivated Account

An observation about clairvoyance

So, there are two types of clairvoyance, the first being the type where you see an image in your mind's eye, the second being the type where you see it literally.

The other day when I woke up in the morning I fell back to sleep partially and continued the process of dreaming. However I was partly conscious in my bed at the same time and when I shook myself out of it I realised that the images were coming from the back of my brain.

Recently I've had a lot of energetic activity in the back of my brain and so I looked up a diagram of all the brain parts. At the back is the occipital lobe where information from the eyes is processed into information we understand in the form of images.

Now I'm not an expert on biology or anything but it seems that when we use our third eye for dreaming/viewing things in our mind's eye/using our imagination/seeing spiritual things literally, there are signals coming in from elsewhere (maybe the pineal/pituitary glands) to the occipital lobe to be translated into images for understanding instead of from the actual eyes.

I am wondering if the back of the brain/occipital lobe needs to be developed so that it can translate these extra sensory perceptions into images for us.. that would explain why meditation is good for developing clairvoyance because the frontal lobes are quieted and we can more accurately perceive what else is going on in our brain that we're not usually aware of.

Perhaps the extent of its waking conscious development would go a way to explain why some images are received in our mind's eye and others as literal images. Either way, they all come from the same place which is the back of the brain.. I just thought I would share this.

Feel free to comment or add anything.
Old 31-12-2014, 02:20 PM
I don't know much about the mechanics...but it made me think how
much Paramahansa talks about
the medulla oblongata...which u would have to look up ...
but, that is, way back there where the spinal cord and the brain connect.
I can't rem exactly what he said, but that is where all the action is!!
Ha! (I guess I could look it up if you'd like.)
And in his Kriya Yoga meditation lessons, which I have, he wants there to be
a lot of focus there and with breathing.

For decades I was taught all this 3rd eye vision was coming from the pineal** gland...
then in the last year people are saying pituitary...
good thing I don't care about the mechanics!!

**Note that Jacob, in Genesis 32:30, didn't say after he
'saw the face of God and yet survived' that he would
call that place 'pituitary'!
According to the version he called it Peniel or Penuel.

Just bringing up the pituitary/pineal thing...sorry, please continue!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 31-12-2014, 02:42 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I don't know much about the mechanics...but it made me think how
much Paramahansa talks about
the medulla oblongata...which u would have to look up ...
but, that is, way back there where the spinal cord and the brain connect.
I can't rem exactly what he said, but that is where all the action is!!
Ha! (I guess I could look it up if you'd like.)
And in his Kriya Yoga meditation lessons, which I have, he wants there to be
a lot of focus there and with breathing.

For decades I was taught all this 3rd eye vision was coming from the pineal** gland...
then in the last year people are saying pituitary...
good thing I don't care about the mechanics!!

**Note that Jacob, in Genesis 32:30, didn't say after he
'saw the face of God and yet survived' that he would
call that place 'pituitary'!
According to the version he called it Peniel or Penuel.

Just bringing up the pituitary/pineal thing...sorry, please continue!

I would love to read the article if you can find it again.

Hmm.. I don't know much about the pituitary/pineal glands actually. I've never felt any action there. I have some sensitivity to the areas in my brain and can feel sometimes roughly which areas are active (which I then usually have to look up on a map what it's called and what it does). Example: When I had a sip of alcohol once I felt it change something somewhere in the front right side of my brain.

So anyway, I don't know about the pituitary/pineal glands, but it does seem that ESP perceptions are translated by the back of the brain into images. Even the 'literal' images.. they're not coming from our eyes, though it's easy to mistake them as they appear so similar. The input is coming in from somewhere else.
Old 31-12-2014, 02:51 PM
Now where the input is coming from ...well...that would certainly be a subject! Ha

When you see things with your eyes closed say in meditation or falling asleep...would you say
they seem to be 'behind your eyelids?
or as if the backside of your forehead is like a movie screen?
I was always taught that was coming from the pineal gland...
and that is why people always talk about wanting to 'de-calcify' it.
Look up some youtubes...almost like putting on an aluminum hat!
Funny stuff, some of it....they speak of flouride as a very bad thing for it.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 31-12-2014, 03:14 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Now where the input is coming from ...well...that would certainly be a subject! Ha

When you see things with your eyes closed say in meditation or falling asleep...would you say
they seem to be 'behind your eyelids?
or as if the backside of your forehead is like a movie screen?
I was always taught that was coming from the pineal gland...
and that is why people always talk about wanting to 'de-calcify' it.
Look up some youtubes...almost like putting on an aluminum hat!
Funny stuff, some of it....they speak of flouride as a very bad thing for it.

Yes, it certainly would!

I don't see things as often with my eyes closed as I usually fall straight to sleep at night.. I don't meditate either. But I will have to keep an eye on it (lol) now for when it happens again, I'll feel out where it's coming from.

How/where do you feel it as when meditating?

An interesting thing is that when I saw one of my higher guide's I thought he was my imagination for the longest time.. looking back it's because I mistranslated the input as being 'non-visual' even though he was right there in front of me. It wasn't coming from my eyes, the signals were being interpreted the same way imagination would be.

I've watched some things before about calcification of the pineal gland. I usually don't pay much attention to it.. simply because the physical body just mirrors our thoughts and energetic system. When we have blockages in the mind such as fear, guilt, shame, hatred, ect.. they will be a magnet for toxic materials such as calcium. I've always believed that if you deal with the root energetic cause in most cases the physical problem ceases.
Old 01-01-2015, 05:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettHayden

Now I'm not an expert on biology or anything but it seems that when we use our third eye for dreaming/viewing things in our mind's eye/using our imagination/seeing spiritual things literally, there are signals coming in from elsewhere (maybe the pineal/pituitary glands) to the occipital lobe to be translated into images for understanding instead of from the actual eyes.

I am wondering if the back of the brain/occipital lobe needs to be developed so that it can translate these extra sensory perceptions into images for us.. that would explain why meditation is good for developing clairvoyance because the frontal lobes are quieted and we can more accurately perceive what else is going on in our brain that we're not usually aware of.

Perhaps the extent of its waking conscious development would go a way to explain why some images are received in our mind's eye and others as literal images. Either way, they all come from the same place which is the back of the brain.. I just thought I would share this.

Feel free to comment or add anything.

Hi,

In the 3rd eye region where the pineal gland is located is its compliment the pituitary gland. The latter regulates the physical body's chemical impressions. The thalamus and hypothaiamus glands reside between these two and all rest just below what we call the corpus calosum.

It should not really surprise us that an experience can represent itself to us in a number of ways, as I see these things.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 01-01-2015, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettHayden
...the physical body just mirrors our thoughts and energetic system.
When we have blockages in the mind such as fear, guilt, shame, hatred, ect.. they will be a magnet
for toxic materials such as calcium.
I've always believed that if you deal with the root energetic cause in
most cases the physical problem ceases.
THIS, everyone should read, imo.

Old 21-02-2015, 05:42 PM
Ascender
This is interesting about how the mind interprets images from spiritual senses. I have always used my minds eye to see auras but I find that if in person I have to have my eyes open and look at the person to get a reading even though I don't see it in an external visual sense. I can't just look in their direction with my eyes closed it doesn't work.

But when distance reading the person isn't there for me to look at anyway so it works with my eyes open or closed. I only have them open if I'm outside walking around at the same time.
Old 21-02-2015, 05:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by dryad
This is interesting about how the mind interprets images from spiritual senses. I have always used my minds eye to see auras but I find that if in person I have to have my eyes open and look at the person to get a reading even though I don't see it in an external visual sense. I can't just look in their direction with my eyes closed it doesn't work.

But when distance reading the person isn't there for me to look at anyway so it works with my eyes open or closed. I only have them open if I'm outside walking around at the same time.

Hi,

I have heard that the new born child sees images with their eyes that eventually the brain will learn to ignore. The child does this, I am told, because it can sense the care givers do not see these energies.

I have often wondered what it would take to regain that ability too see those energies.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 24-02-2015, 03:14 AM
Master
Quote:

I feel that it has more to do with DNA strands..even the fact that you are able to sense that it's originating in the back of the brain. If sensing is actually what you experienced...

Quote:
So, there are two types of clairvoyance, the first being the type where you see an image in your mind's eye, the second being the type where you see it literally.
By "mind's eye" do you mean like when we dream?
And "literally" do you mean, in front of you in your physical space?

The reason I ask is that I also "see" in two different ways, but haven't really thought about it till I read your post.