Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 14-06-2021, 07:43 AM
Master

Hii AbodhiSky,

The problem doesn’t arise in “good” or “wrong” but rather in “possible an very pleasant” or “impossible and thereby a problem, or possible but very harmful”
Old 14-06-2021, 07:58 AM
AbodhiSky

everything is a learning experience

Last edited by AbodhiSky : 14-06-2021 at 05:15 PM.
Old 14-06-2021, 08:10 AM
Master

Hii AbodhiSky,

Thanks for your input. However it doesn’t help me practically let go of my desire.. or work them out as Altair and Sky123 suggested I could do and needed to open up for.

I appreciate your kindness, however it does not serve the thread currently.

Much kindness,

Cosmic Wonder
Old 14-06-2021, 09:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWonder
I have more natural “intimate” cravings which I can’t satisfy for years (only recently I’ve had someone becoming intimate with me) if that’s ok enough for the younger ones reading.

These are natural desires. Some try to eliminate them through some ''practice'' but from my experiences said ''practices'' only strengthen desires. It would be more worrying if you didn't have those desires because then something would be amiss, physically. The easiest way to control it, CosmicWonder, is through sex or masturbation. Release is connected to control. I don't have a partner so I do the latter and I simply enjoy it. Best to own it and see it as a natural part of myself, just like eating and sleeping.

As a reminder, many ''masters'' that preach(ed) abstinence are/were old, so they speak from a position of reduced testosterone.
Old 14-06-2021, 09:12 AM
Master

Thanks very much Altair.

Might very well be true yes.. it’s hard to desire such things tho. Or crave someone to love you.
Old 14-06-2021, 11:34 AM
Ascender
Desires, they can vanish by themselves actually.

If you meditate enough and can reach trance, you will experience something which is bigger than anything, including sex. You will get hugs from the universe that no human being can give you. It will fulfill your desires.

Also, meditation can teach you that sex is mainly about projection. The act, once you remove all these projections / day-dreaming etc, the thing which happens in reality ... is nothing.
And that's the same with everything: we (day)dream more about things than we actually enjoy them.

One funny thing. When I was 16 or so, I had read once about the sexual Tao. And after practicing perineum exercises and semen retention, I masturbated without any projection, in the pure present moment. I had the BEST orgasm in my life, a cosmic orgasm, I had all the energy coming from my base chakra to my head, I then felt love and a whole connection with nature for several days after that.

So, in short, meditate, live in the present moment, cut all day-dreaming, and your desires will vanish by themselves.
If you are disgusted or feel bad after taking pleasure, that means you have lived it in a dream / projection, but not in reality.
Old 14-06-2021, 11:40 AM
Ascender
Ah, one thing to control your desires: set yourself fasting periods.

If your main desire is sexual, stop any sexual activity for a week or two.
If it's food, do intermittent fasting, or a full day without eating.
etc
Old 14-06-2021, 12:28 PM
Master
Personally, I don’t think that we need to repress or even sublimate desires. In fact, it may be counterproductive to do so. Non-doing is also a choice of doership. There is nothing wrong with desire, in as an urge. Stagnation is the problem. Addiction confines us, contracts us.

If we embrace & release like the breeze, with ease, our heart can engage & disengage in the variety of experiences offered without any egoic glue. Or in a word, celebration. We celebrate each breath with wonderment & astonishment, forging deeper fearlessly into the void, with childlike trust.
Old 14-06-2021, 03:00 PM
Master

I think that at the moment my main desire is social support, and I don’t mean someone claiming or trying to support, no I mean someone being capable of supporting me.

This is being an unsatisfied desire for my entire life
Old 14-06-2021, 03:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWonder
I think that at the moment my main desire is social support, and I don’t mean someone claiming or trying to support, no I mean someone being capable of supporting me.

This is being an unsatisfied desire for my entire life

Mybe the People who are supporting you are giving all they can. I don't know what your Personal problems are but sometimes when we don't get what we want we look to blame others and look for failures that don't exist. Life doesn't always go the way we want it to. A little flexibility goes a long way.