Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 07-06-2021, 11:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
...Lets see - and hear from those that actually did once believe one thing and now
have changed to believe Jesus did not actually come to die for sins, exactly.
Let them explain their reasons.
I once believed that Jesus died for our sins.

Now, I look at beliefs as something that can not be proven, that they might be true, might be false or they might be something completely different. In my case, I try now, to keep beliefs on the back burners.

I might talk about a subject, but in many cases, I talk about the subject as opposed to what I believe. From my perspective, very rarely do I talk about what I really do believe.

As for the belief that Jesus died for our sins, one would have to acknowledge that the question borders on being a compound question. First, do you believe in Jesus and second, did somebody die for our sins? But in both cases, they are beliefs that can not be proven or disproven one way or another. Same holds true for other beliefs.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 07-06-2021, 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
From my perspective, very rarely do I talk about what I really do believe.
I know, right? Kind of asking for trouble on a public forum.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 08-06-2021, 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
...compound question.
First, do you believe in Jesus and
second, did somebody die for our sins?

But in both cases, they are beliefs
Yes, they are beliefs...that is established and proof is being talked about on OTHER threads, BJ.
This is not a compound question....start another thread if you would like to discuss 1. belief in Jesus - 2. did someone die for our sins.

Here, we are speaking to those that believed Jesus existed - and also was crucified. He died. We are going from there.
Others things would be off topic.
This is what I call a regimented topic...not much veering off.

This thread is for what reason do you believe Jesus did NOT die for humanity's sins....that is the topic.
*What changed your mind...
*why do you think he did not...
*can you offer why he did die, then?
*What's your alternative idea?

Things like that. Much appreciated.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 08-06-2021, 12:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
I personally believe Jesus was tortured because He threatened a corrupt political system and had nothing to do with ' Our Sins '.
He would have been of more value to Mankind alive to show us the way what would be the point of His premature death...

Do you think He thought He was dying for our sins? Was He a martyr in His own mind?

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 08-06-2021, 02:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Do you think He thought He was dying for our sins?
Was He a martyr in His own mind?
A+ question.

Old 08-06-2021, 02:09 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbodhiSky
i've never understood dyin for one's beliefs. and it's not even that you lose your beliefs, you just tell them what they wanna hear.

Faith and sacrificing for your faith in god is built into the Abrahamic religions, though. I tend to agree with you.
Old 08-06-2021, 02:19 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbodhiSky
i see it very simply. jesus did not die of natural causes. humans killed him. to kill is a sin. so jesus died for our sins. because of our sins.

Then there's the other camp of belief that he didn't die on the cross, but just was rendered in a deep state of unconscious through medicinal herbs taken before crucified and he was revived later and hightailed to India with Mary Magdalene and lived a long happy life there.

And then there's the possibility that he was never crucified on a cross because Romans never used crucifixion on a cross as a form of execution, but rather suspended from a pole or a tree. It's all in how you interpret the word "stauros" in greek. I ran across this interesting tidbit. Really interesting article.

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/jesus-chr...ry?id=11066130
Old 08-06-2021, 02:27 AM
I thought the story was they went to France.

And, Abodhi-...'tell them what they wanna hear.'..I know, right?
What good are you dead? (I'm not talking about Jesus...)

Old 08-06-2021, 05:08 AM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
I personally believe Jesus was tortured because He threatened a corrupt political system and had nothing to do with ' Our Sins '.
He would have been of more value to Mankind alive to show us the way what would be the point of His premature death...
Sky123,

Some late breaking good news for you. It has just been reported in posts #27 and #28 of “what are some reasons” thread that Jesus continued to live long…..either living in France or India….still waiting for specifics as to the nature of any continuing ministry…..:)
Old 08-06-2021, 05:14 AM
Molearner

By the way these same reports seem to put to rest the idea that Jesus did not exist which is the contention of many…….:)