Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 09-05-2021, 03:34 PM
Newbie ;)

Christianity and Spirituality

Can Christianity and Spirituality coexist within a person’s beliefs?
I consider myself a spiritual person at my core, but I wonder how those beliefs would compromised or looked down upon if I were to say, marry into a Christian family.
There is pressure for me to change my views to a more Western, Christian system and I’m stuck in a place of confusion about what to believe, say, or do.
Old 09-05-2021, 03:37 PM
Master
It already is.. because Christianity appeals to a higher, non-physical existence.

And even that is kind of a bias, because someone may say the world itself is spiritual.
''Spiritual'' seems to relate to what you make of it.
Old 09-05-2021, 07:57 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilysbc
I consider myself a spiritual person at my core, but I wonder how those beliefs would compromised or looked down upon if I were to say, marry into a Christian family.
There is pressure for me to change my views to a more Western, Christian system and I’m stuck in a place of confusion about what to believe, say, or do.

It is good that you wonder about these before you make commitments. It is also good to make sure the others are thinking as seriously about their commitments.

I think that everybody should always do whatever they think to be right, and not let anybody else bully them into doing differently. You should trust yourself more than everybody else's advice, than any guru or priest, than any book or dogma.

Surely, you'll make mistakes; the secret is not to persist in them, and also to learn from them.

Good luck! (you're so young)
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 09-05-2021, 09:48 PM
How about keeping your spiritual beliefs whatever they are...and talking to Christians about loving Jesus,
following Jesus teachings, being in awe of Jesus and so on.
Seems that would 'fix things'. Ya don't have to believe everything to like and appreciate Jesus.

And Yes to what the other 2 have said. :)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 10-05-2021, 01:06 AM
AbodhiSky

marriage can be hard if both people and their families are firmly in different religions or have different beliefs.
Old 10-05-2021, 08:48 AM
Master

It's not a binary can or can't co-exist (unless it's pushed to a point no compromise is possible). There's surely points of contact you will find and can relate to within Christianity that might begin to look very much like what you already believe. You might find it possible to end up being considered a 'heterodox' Christian who doesn't quite believe the things they should but is grudgingly accepted. Personally that's my ambition and i'm always surprised how often i get accepted. That's better than a 'heretical' Christian who is chased out of town!
It might be easier to stick with the gospels rather than venture too far into Paul where things get confusing for everyone
I would recommend one thing, watch some Hillsong worship on youtube, you'll get a big clue from this i recon
Old 14-05-2021, 03:34 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilysbc

The answer is yes. However, I found myself in a similar situation recently. I declined the proposal because in my case I knew that his beliefs were not in alignment with my own. Any religion has boundaries. Those boundaries are limiting what you can experience in your learning that will take you to the next level. I am not willing to live under those constraints and I would recommend caution to agreeing to do so.

Z
Old 14-05-2021, 01:27 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by zastrakoza
The answer is yes. However, I found myself in a similar situation recently. I declined the proposal because in my case I knew that his beliefs were not in alignment with my own. Any religion has boundaries. Those boundaries are limiting what you can experience in your learning that will take you to the next level. I am not willing to live under those constraints and I would recommend caution to agreeing to do so.

Z

maybe save this sexy talk for your suiter z, perhaps after sampling those you might think are more suited the original guy might be in with a chance again? maybe what determines this isn't alignment but who has the goods you are looking for
Old 14-05-2021, 02:28 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
maybe save this sexy talk for your suiter z, perhaps after sampling those you might think are more suited the original guy might be in with a chance again? maybe what determines this isn't alignment but who has the goods you are looking for

I'm sorry for hitting too close to a sore place. He is a great guy and dedicated to his religion. I respect that and wouldn't want to put us in a conflict of interest situation, even tho he was willing to do that. We are old friends.

For the OP, it is not a black/white situation. It is circumstantial and a choice of the experience we want to learn through. We can choose a partner with different opinions, or similar, or no partner. We will learn what we came to learn just the same.
Old 14-05-2021, 11:12 PM
Master

Believing in spirituality does not make you spiritual......believing in Christianity does not make you Christian.....both are things of being....not things of believing