Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 19-06-2021, 09:28 PM
Administrator
Please keep to topic

Namaste
Old 20-06-2021, 01:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty
And I am probably the most picky person when it comes to Teachers or Guides...and dor good reason...as I mentioned once before discernment has become a lost art or very rare gift...as Manson found out the hard way
Indeed, discernment is a refined ability and I'll never accept a guru figure as my teacher since I have to discern for myself. I have had teachers, but I never approached a teacher with questions or for assistence. They summoned me to ask me how things are going, and I didn't really want to be there, but it was a formality we had to observe during training.

We had daily discourses to explain the method and the philosophy behind it, but in all my time things in this thread we not mentioned, and the things which were considered important in our teachings are not raised in this thread.

It's not a real thing in the way I experience reality, but the real things are discernment, awareness, attention, being conscious, truthfulness, kindness, and other stuff which we all know about that is actually important in anyone's life.
Old 20-06-2021, 03:38 AM
Pathfinder
This thread helped me a lot.
Thanks all..
Old 20-06-2021, 05:10 AM
zinnat

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshaKantaSharma
This thread helped me a lot.
Thanks all..

It is good to know that my effort helped at least one person in real sense.

with love,
sanjay
Old 20-06-2021, 01:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinnat
It is good to know that my effort helped at least one person in real sense.

My sense is that your effort has helped MORE than one person here. We are all learning something from your writing here.
Old 20-06-2021, 02:34 PM
Master
QUOTE 546 EXCERPT:[quote=zinnat]My experience/analysis is that having spiritual experience is one thing and understanding that completely is an entirely different issue.

My own observations are very consistent with your observations, as articulated in the above post.

Starting with my NDE many many years ago, I have had many spiritual experiences over the course of time and, in many cases, I was completely CLUELESS regarding understanding what had transpired. Those experiences did, however, serve as a catalyst to investigate other paths outside of the Roman Catholic background in which I had been raised. I agree completely with your statement that having a spiritual experience and understanding it are definitely two different things. In addition, as you also noted, I have observed many people who have had spiritual experiences (including prominent teachers) who really don't understand.

Your second point about the "Eureka Syndrome" is also well-taken and I too have been guilty of that at times. People who have had spiritual experiences often seem to develop a "grandeur mentality ... (that) clouds judgment". Accompanying the grandiosity is a complacency and smugness that stifles further progress.

Those are two EXCELLENT points on which all can reflect .... as I suspect that we ALL are guilty of one or the other or both at certain points in our lives.

EDIT: I just wanted to raise an additional point on which I would appreciate your comments. I've noticed that, in many reported "visionary" spiritual experiences, Christians typically have visions of familiar figures (Jesus, Mary, etc.); Hindus have similar culturally-related visions (Krishna, Ram, Shiva, etc.); and others consistently have visions consistent with their cultural/religious background. I have some thoughts on this but would be curious to hear what you have to say about such spiritual experiences.

Last edited by Native spirit : 20-06-2021 at 09:07 PM.
Old 20-06-2021, 04:20 PM
Master
@ zinnat … my, my! you are quite judgmental about others. Frankly, you are off track on many basics (although some points seem valid), as already pointed out and you do assume others know nothing.

I really wouldn’t have contradicted you here & there but for the fact that I don’t want innocent readers to be misled by your ideas about kundalini, awareness, realms etc., at variance with what I know as valid from experience and as stated in the scriptures. Other than that, the floor is yours; I do not seek to thrust my opinion on anyone.

Oh! As far as ShivLok is concerned, he’s way ahead. His post was not general but very lucid and specific. However, he told me he’s not interested to hang around here since he finds no value addition for himself nor receptivity from others. Not so for me. I’m all ears! So, do go on. Courteously, if possible.
Old 20-06-2021, 06:19 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
I really wouldn’t have contradicted you here & there but for the fact that I don’t want innocent readers to be misled by your ideas about kundalini, awareness, realms etc., at variance with what I know as valid from experience and as stated in the scriptures. Other than that, the floor is yours; I do not seek to thrust my opinion on anyone.

Spirituality is an individual affair. If you agree, then zinnat's is free to expound on his ideas for all to share in his realizations.

There is more than one way to skin a cat. Why is zinnat's way misleading? All roads lead to Rome. No?
Old 20-06-2021, 06:57 PM
I'm very into hearing ShivLok!!!!! xxxoo
He can address things to Miss H if he wants to....LOL!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 20-06-2021, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivLok
But , coming back to main topic, I never bothered about kundalini and chakras as when the God himself —
the real aim of us seekers— Himself revealed
Sigh, and ....yes, I never bother myself with much else, either.
Once God Himself visits you ...you are ruined.

Like having $50-70 wine - you don't care about any other wine.
It's beautiful and also, um, like a curse!!!
Hahaha... never settling for anything less.
Thank you, Lord - now I can settle for nothing else.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru