Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 12-04-2021, 09:46 AM
Newbie ;)

Cynical theory Re: Mediums

My daughter had an online reading from a highly experienced Medium in London who was part of the College of Psychic Studies, she paid $120 for one hour session. She was astounded what the Medium told her. Obviously she had to reveal her name when paying for the reading.

Now if you give your name to the Medium they could easily find out a lot about you. Facebook! Yes I am beginning to think that. Many people have a FB account and by typing in someone's name you could easily obtain info about that person.

I would be interested if anyone else feels the same way as I do?
Old 12-04-2021, 10:13 AM
hazada guess

Be very careful when giving personal details on the internet. I always see mediums in person and am usually able to tell if they're legitimate.

After saying that,when I have a reading off some mediums I sometimes wonder how the hell did they know that?They must follow me around.
Old 12-04-2021, 02:25 PM
Experiencer
hello ive been to that college several times from my experience the londoners are a closed bunch and dont give much away compared to other areas £100 plus pounds is a lot of money and does not gaurantee the ans you seek it depends on the souls spirit and the mediums connection frequency i would not consider my self as a medium but but ive had mediumistic experiences this to say its not like been pyschic although both go together on a very subtle level your mind has to be truely open to spirit ive been touched by them many a time its not like been touched by a physical person as there realm is slightly different for all we know they may think were ghosts to them and its perfectly normal were they are facebook has a lot to answer for yes they could get info from there my adice for you or to give advice to your relation would be to go to a phychic fair and observe them there see who you get drawn to £25 to £30 pounds is a more far price Gordon Smith a mentor of mine would never charge anybody like this only if he had to travel if i were a medium and nothing came through i would say there s no contact today im sorry and not charge admitted ley its a business these days but people who have lost someone want reasuring there past loved is ok
Old 12-04-2021, 02:34 PM
Sure, that could happen, PoppaPete, of course..there are charlaton mechanics and carpenters, too.

But, there are many real mediums ...I've been to them and there are many here.
The Administrators are mediums.
Pick your audience well...this place is not it!!
Tho, you have a right to your opinion, of course.

briam...paragraphs are your friend.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 12-04-2021, 02:56 PM
Administrator
A true genuine medium would not go looking for details they would give genuine readings.
i am a medium so is Lynn the other Admin and i can speak for the both of us what we give comes from spirit,
What kind of reading did your daughter have was it psychic or mediumship.
I can assure you that there may be people out there claiming they can do readings but not all are true,
If your daughter had a mediumship reading did the medium Validate things for her? if they did why do you question it?

Namaste
Old 12-04-2021, 04:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
A true genuine medium would not go looking for details they would give genuine readings.
i am a medium so is Lynn the other Admin and i can speak for the both of us what we give comes from spirit,
What kind of reading did your daughter have was it psychic or mediumship.
I can assure you that there may be people out there claiming they can do readings but not all are true,
If your daughter had a mediumship reading did the medium Validate things for her? if they did why do you question it?

Namaste

Many years ago, I met a "homeless" black man on the streets of NYC who would appear and disappear mysteriously over a period of 9 years. It was only after 2 years that he revealed his true nature and he was actually a wise sage far more advanced than I was. He became one of my most memorable teachers.

With one glance, he knew me almost as if he had been a therapist for me all of my life .... but he did it so sensitively that it did not seem intrusive. There are most assuredly other people like this but it has been my experience that they never charge money for a "reading"/session.
Old 13-04-2021, 12:19 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Pick your audience well...this place is not it!!
Tho, you have a right to your opinion, of course.

briam...paragraphs are your friend.

I needed this :)
Old 13-04-2021, 03:49 PM
Administrator
I remember something that my grandmother told me a young man was walking past her house and she started speaking to him. he asked her if she could spare a small amount of food.
she took him in and gave him a meal and a drink she turned her back for a moment turned and he had gone.
she went by the door she found a load of white feathers, the next day she was told my uncle was killed by a sniper bullet at the end of the second world war.
its as if he was preparing her

Namaste
Old 13-04-2021, 04:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
I remember something that my grandmother told me a young man was walking past her house and she started speaking to him. he asked her if she could spare a small amount of food.
she took him in and gave him a meal and a drink she turned her back for a moment turned and he had gone.
she went by the door she found a load of white feathers, the next day she was told my uncle was killed by a sniper bullet at the end of the second world war.
its as if he was preparing he
These beings do indeed appear and disappear quite mysteriously, as both of us have discovered.

Your story about your grandmother reminded me of a story that my grandmother told me many years ago. My mother and father went to visit my paternal grandmother shortly after the second world war had ended. My father was very excited because his brother would soon be returning home from the western front. However, my grandmother told him about a chilling vision she had in the wee hours of the morning. She had "seen" her son smiling outside her window telling her that he was all right but that he wouldn't be coming home. She couldn't understand that since the fighting was over. During lunch, there was a knock at the door with a message from the State Department that her son had been killed in a freak accident as the troops were coming home. He had been crushed between a jeep and a tank. Only then did she realize the import of the "message" that she had received earlier that morning.

I was born after World War II and was named after my deceased uncle whom I had never met.
Old 13-04-2021, 05:49 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
Many years ago, I met a "homeless" black man on the streets of NYC who would appear and disappear mysteriously over a period of 9 years. It was only after 2 years that he revealed his true nature and he was actually a wise sage far more advanced than I was. He became one of my most memorable teachers.

With one glance, he knew me almost as if he had been a therapist for me all of my life .... but he did it so sensitively that it did not seem intrusive. There are most assuredly other people like this but it has been my experience that they never charge money for a "reading"/session.
May I ask what lessons he taught you (if you want to only or if inappropriate please disregard)
I know what you mean I think.