Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 27-09-2018, 03:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Well, I loved it and copied the link to go to later, thanks.
I had only heard the term Oversoul from many places, I think Seth was one place.

Any additional things you remember, like the birds ...keep it up!
You can observe it also with fishes..A flock of them behaving the same,as with the birds.

He says that In the ancient egypt,trained magicians were able to communicate with these oversouls (manus).
Old 27-09-2018, 09:19 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lomax
Another example he gives about the nature of the overself,is when you see a swarm of birds,turning direction alltogether like they're under the command of someone.

These birds are under control of the same overself.

They are many,but it seems like they act as one

The term the Overself is also used by Paul Brunton. Some excerpts from his notebooks (edited to keep it brief):

... the Overself is always here as man's innermost truest self. It is beginningless and endless in time. Its consciousness does not have to be developed as something new. But the person's awareness of it begins in time and has to be developed as a new attainment. The ever-presence of Overself means that anyone may attain it here and now. There is no inner necessity to travel anywhere or to anyone in space or to wait years in time for this to happen.

Although It is at the very heart of human beings, the Overself is very far from their present level of consciousness. Nothing could be closer yet this is the supreme paradox of our existence and the strangest enigma confronting our thought.

The Overself is implicit in all humanity but explicit only in a few solitary figures.

The Overself is not a goal to be attained but a realization of what already is. It is the inalienable possession of all conscious beings and not of a mere few. No effort is needed to get hold of the Overself, but every effort is needed to get rid of the many impediments to its recognition. We cannot take hold of it; it takes hold of us. Therefore the last stage of this quest is an effortless one.

The overselves of the animal kingdom are somewhat different - they can be considered more like group souls which govern a flock of birds, a shoal of fish, a swarm of bees. So the animal overself governs a group, whereas the human Overself is individual.

But perhaps our own Souls or Overselves are themselves part of a larger Soul group, and this larger Soul group may itself belong with other Soul groups to a still greater Soul group. And so it goes on.

Peace.
Old 27-09-2018, 11:14 PM
So the Overself is not God? Or is it?

Is it the Higher Self that we are not conscious of much?
sorry the term is new to me. (As in, is the Overself the Oversoul, if anyone is familiar
with that ...just trying to get a handle on this new term.) Thanks

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 28-09-2018, 12:00 AM
Master

Quote:
So the Overself is not God? Or is it?

Is it the Higher Self that we are not conscious of much?
sorry the term is new to me. (As in, is the Overself the Oversoul, if anyone is familiar
with that ...just trying to get a handle on this new term.) Thanks

I read only the linked article. It says:
"Actually, the alleged Spirit Guide is just one's Overself, who really is one's Guide."
The idea of learning through probing doesn't make sense (to me).

The model described in the article contradicts my observations (which doesn't mean that I don't leave some room to the possibility that Lobsang Rampa is right).
Old 28-09-2018, 11:31 AM
Master
don't forget the dimension theory.We might not be aware of the 5th or so dimension,but this doesn't mean that it's not real.

If the overself is the real you that exists at the 10th dimension(as he says),you can understand that we have almost no chance to have a consious meeting with him while on earth

He also says that it's possible,but no amount of books or info is enough to cover almost ten years of training in order to achieve a contact on that level.
Old 28-09-2018, 12:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
So you tend to think these people in your dreams, are your overself companions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lomax
I don't know and i'm not sure cause it's happened in the past.Back then i didn't had the opportunity to read his books..

But on the other hand,yes.It could be.

Hello gentlemen :) I haven't checked the link, but to me it also sounds like these folks could be what we also call close soul family members, some of whom may be particularly close to you and may be welcomed by your soul in your dream or astral states.

Another consideration is that you in fact may have been one of these men in another life...and you may have been dialoguing, visiting, or working through something. It's hard to say since the memories may fade (though you caught some words which for some reason were not "auto-translated" and were in a different language...fascinating) -- but if you had the strong feeling you were one of these men, that is perhaps the most likely thing.

And if the men were twins, brothers, or somehow very closely linked, you may have felt as if you were, in a sense, both men, from the strong connection.

I have had all of the above happen in my soul's past and have had these experiences (and many others) come forward in this life. And I have also heard these soul groups or soul families referred to as having an oversoul, though I haven't explored what that might be, beyond interbeing and a collective or shared experience or focus in some way.

I think like Miss H I assumed the grand oversoul was Source and know very little else about it, but it's very interesting and of course the whole thing could be far more complex.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 28-09-2018, 05:05 PM
Color

5th Dimension? Oh my...I think there are probably an infinite amt of dimensions!!!!!
Why stop? LOL!
I mean creating them!
'Hmm, I think 30 is enough?"....just don't see the Creator saying that...
I could be wrong.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 28-09-2018, 05:09 PM
Hey, look what I found...an excerpt:

"The Over-Soul" is an essay by Ralph Waldo Emerson, first published in 1841. With the human soul as its
overriding subject, several general themes are treated:
(1) the existence and nature of the human soul;
(2) the relationship between the soul and the personal ego;
(3) the relationship of one human soul to another; and
(4) the relationship of the human soul to God. Influence of Eastern religions,
including Vedantism, is plainly evident....

Old 28-09-2018, 06:10 PM
Master
Quote:
5th Dimension? Oh my...I think there are probably an infinite amt of dimensions!!!!!
Why stop? LOL!
I mean creating them!
'Hmm, I think 30 is enough?"....just don't see the Creator saying that...
I could be wrong.
Even the 4th one sounds like a paradise to us.

I can't even think what lies beyond.
Old 28-09-2018, 07:59 PM
Knower

Somewhere I have heard that on the other side in the non-physical, we have soul groups. It may have been in one of Robert Monroe's books that talked about this. He has had lots of out of body experiences in the non-physical.

And we do apparently have an oversoul that is over all of them. It sounded to me like there is lots of soul group so I don't think God or Source is the same thing as the oversoul. And to me, the term Higher Self has always meant the same thing as the Holy Spirit - which is the voice for God, the voice for truth, the voice for love. Our inner voice - the part of us that remembers our Oneness with God. I don't know if that is the same thing as the oversoul. I suppose it could be.

Although Dolore's Cannon would regress people under hypnosis and she would often communicate with a voice that seem to know everything. And she found that the same voice would communicate with her through anybody she had under deep hypnosis. It would pick up the conversation where it left off with the last person. That could be the Holy Spirit or voice for God that is within each of us. Although she called it the unconscious mind and I don't think that's what it is.

So maybe the Higher Self should be another name for the Oversoul instead of the Holy Spirit.

I think a spirit guide is something else. They say we can have more than one guide for different purposes. And our guides can even change throughout our lives. And some people even say that a deceased relative can become our guide.

I believe that if you meet someone from your soul group in this lifetime, you will feel an instant connection with them - as if you've always known them. If your both romantically attracted to each other they could be your soul mate. I think our soulmate is someone from our soul group that we have decided a head of time (before birth) to have a romantic relationship while we're here. I also don't think we choose to experience a soul mate in every life time unfortunatley.

But you will not always have romantic feelings for someone from your soul group. Even a family member of friend could be in your soul group.

I've also heard that a group of souls in the same soul group can look a lot alike. David Wilcocks claims to be the reincarnation of Edgar Cayce. Not only do they look a lot alike, but they have a lot in common apparently astrologically speaking. And some of the people in David's present life looks just like some of the people that were in Edgar Cayce's life. Also, have you ever meet any couples that just seemed perfect for each other? A lot of times they look a lot alike. I think that might be because they're soul mates and from the same soul group.