Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 03-11-2020, 08:42 PM
ant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
Why do we feel we need to praise God?

Less need,feel organic...

Praise and prayer instil well being.

Well being,is the portal to eternity.: )

We are all Gods,when we praise or pray,we salute our own divinity.

And divinity,is well,'being'.: )
Old 04-11-2020, 03:30 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Busby,

Where were you before you came here ? What was it like ? Was it good ? As compare to what ?

Being given life is simply this: You are given a chance.

I have long been of the opinion, and it fits in well with my own experience, that we humans know a lot more than we think. This is visible with the ease which we adapt to the condition we call life. Life quickly becomes a natural condition, so natural that we accept it without much thought or doubt.
So for me the assumption that I (we) appeared out of nothingness doesn't come into question.
Were I to have been given a chance this would mean that some force or energy outside myself designated such a chance. This I do not accept. Any third party being responsible for my life or existence doesn't fit in my philosophy.
As I sit here writing this I know that a long chain of experiences embedded in that thing we call evolution has led to me to be able to write this or do anything else - that is to be (or having arrived)in a condition or 'state' which has evolved so much that we can experience the acceleration of consciousness.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 04-11-2020, 09:16 PM
Master

Quote:
So for me the assumption that I (we) appeared out of nothingness doesn't come into question.
Were I to have been given a chance this would mean that some force or energy outside myself designated such a chance.

Busby,

What outside of yourself was the chance meeting of your parents.....you are as everybody is...a creation of love.
Old 05-11-2020, 06:03 PM
ImthatIm

I looked around and seen, surely a intelligent Creator
has designed all this.
I am filled with awe, and I choose to be Grateful and Thankful.
Of course it is my free choice to curse my life and it's happenings.
Cursing at God.
Old 05-11-2020, 08:05 PM
Color

Why do we need to praise God?

I will speak for myself and experience.

Why does a lover bring flowers to their girlfriend the next day?
Why does a woman make a gorgeous dinner with candle light
when in love?
Why do men in love sing under their loved one's window in movies?
Why do we have an active poetry section here expounding about God's love and
gifts?

It's a compulsion, a need for expression like a fragrance
comes from a flower;
it just happens.

In humans it's from endorphins and gratitude, appreciation, sheer exuberance from a full heart and also,
wanting, hoping, longing for more and more and more of their love.
And so with God, the bestower of this love.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 06-11-2020, 07:48 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Busby,

What outside of yourself was the chance meeting of your parents.....you are as everybody is...a creation of love.

On the surface it seems as if you have a valid argument Molearner.
But what about all those of mankind who exist as a result of lust, rape, alcohol and so on. Why are there parents who delight in beating their children? There are millions of abortions taking place, millions of people using contraceptives and pills, why would parents choose to have children in the middle of poverty and disease...and so on.

Where does praising God in these cases have sense?

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 06-11-2020, 09:55 AM
ant

Yin and Yang Busby,duality.

The only way to trinity is knowing the sword and then balance.

Sleeping...Life as we know it,is a blind folded two way street.
Old 06-11-2020, 11:24 AM
Administrator
I for one do not praise god.if i want to pray i pray to whoever i want.and i dont need a Building to do it in either.
I didnt ask to be born in fact i didnt want to come back.

As for the bible its just a book that MEN have put their own interpretations in
And who is to prove that the words written are true.

I follow my own path always have and always will

Namaste
Old 06-11-2020, 02:30 PM
hazada guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
I for one do not praise god.if i want to pray i pray to whoever i want.and i dont need a Building to do it in either.
I didnt ask to be born in fact i didnt want to come back.

As for the bible its just a book that MEN have put their own interpretations in
And who is to prove that the words written are true.

I follow my own path always have and always will

Namaste

Well said.
Old 13-11-2020, 05:19 PM
Master

need to praise god

Quote:
The planet is thickly dotted with places of worship of all kinds. A list of all such places would take up a couple of A4 pages. In my town of 20,000 people there are two main churches, very often even the smallest community has such a building.
The BBC has a programme 'Songs of Praise' on a Sunday - I always like to watch this half-hour I find it very uplifting although it's not something I would personally involve myself.
It does however disturb me that God wants to be praised - and for one very simple reason really.

I didn't ask to come here.

Why I should be plonked into life without my permission is a fundamental ignoring of any basic rights I may have had. Especially if the outcome at the end is a sojourn in a hell or heaven which I really don't need. Yes, I would have preferred to have been asked.

And there is another reason; What sort of ego does this entity we call God have? Why on earth should he want to be continually praised? Maybe of course he doesn't and we simply think he does. In spite of half of the world existing in poverty and hunger those we accept as religious leaders seem to think it's OK to grovel on one's knees and accept our lot - a lot which can vary (for some reason) from monarch to drain sweeper.

I'm not saying that I am unhappy with my lot - in fact the opposite would be true - but I would like to have the feeling that I had a say in the matter.

There are many reasons to praise the God .
1. Psychologically u imbibe the values of the entity being praised through hearts . So if one imbibe a tiny portion of even one virtue of God , his life is set to sail great.
2. To imbibe the sense of gratitude towards God and other beings of God in the world for what they do to u in uplifting your life .
3. To ignite hope for the destitute
4. To draw inspiration
5. To learn something intricate

Why does he not ask us ?
He is democratic only in the sense of its spirit ie He works for the tiniest and weakest and feeble-most creatures .But in the sense of democratic method to ask vote and understand majority etc is not His way of working .

The reason he is running the world as Family and not as government . That's where many religion call him Father / Mother.And I love all those religions very much . In family , parents always treat differently (so to say discriminate) between their kids (say a 2 year old toddler , another 8 year old to primaries ) for their food , clothes and the money they spend . Parents may not always ask their kids because kids may not always know or may not have the possibility to know what works best for them. The same way in front of God i am 49 year young small kid and u r 82 year young elder kid - no difference .