Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 21-12-2020, 05:03 AM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven
Hi Elfin. I don't believe you need to be Christened or baptized to be a Christian. Christianity doesn't have to be about rules and rituals, but rather an individual's belief in the existence of Christ. My granddaughter has not been baptized and although my son was when he was a baby, they don't find baptism necessary for their little one to be a precious child of God just like all people are.

I know what you mean about feeling free to experience different religious beliefs and not be set in stone with belonging to any specific religion. I was brought up Catholic, but find myself migrating toward more self-realization, maybe even Buddhism and just plane being a spiritual person.
....Hi and yes I fully agree that we are all precious... All equal, and should be too.... Not just in the eyes of God... But in the eyes of anyone !!....... I'm pleased , I feel, that I was never christened , as I cannot live with guilt. It tortures me mentally if I feel I've "done wrong".....and I would indeed have endured a lifetime of either feeling "be-holden" to one particular faith... But then feeling "miserable and unhappy " to the point of feeling like a "captive"..... As I never ever DID conform to rules and regulations... ( Not that I'm a criminal , and I never broke the law !!!!.....(much!!).....)........ But rather I'm very much a free spirit that "NEEDS " to be able to fly .....
Old 21-12-2020, 05:14 AM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini46
Neither my sister or I were baptized and have no intention of doing so. We have always, even now, have always been met with gasps, looks of fear, disbelief - for some reason idk, & my favorite "you need to do that or you are going to hell" or some variation of that. No neither one of us were ever afraid our souls were doomed to eternal hellfire because our parents thought it was ridiculous and we never had some dude splash water on us as an infant. Explain the Logic please...please.... nope no logic. Just stupid people blindly accepting whatever they are told to believe without question. If anything WE are the ones "Christened" by not being because it says we have parents who actually are capable of thinking for themselves and using their own judgment & (un)common sense when making decisions.

Plus most people are babies when baptized. That doesn't even count in my opinion. I don't want to devalue anyone's own idea what baptism means to them. An adult choosing to be baptised is different. There is more meaning and spiritual significance in being older and going through it. They are connected to this experience and able to grasp what it symbolizes. But as a baby...
....Hi and I fully agree if I'm honest, in as much as a little baby has no voice yet..... Until a person can make their own decisions...then decisions , realistically , should not be made for them... Especially when /if , it is decisions that are non- compulsory ....... We do of course all have a duty to our children, as in we nurture them the best we can... We love them, guide them, teach them, set them on the right path, teach them right from wrong, teach them respect and how to be the very very best they can be, with no pressure, no "orders" , no "threats" ..... Allow them to "grow" into the lovely beautiful person that you created , in their "own" image , no-one else , and then set them "free" , to make the World proud to have them in it..... That's how I raised my boys , and I'm happy to say, the world is proud... And the Universe even more so.....
Old 23-12-2020, 10:06 AM
Elfin

...I am just wondering, whether I can "christen" myself... At the sink ... Or maybe the sea?... ( Does salt or tap water count ?).... It's just that maybe, I'm thinking, a Christmas gift to myself in tribute to my church... Church of Elfin that is...
Old 23-12-2020, 10:08 AM
Elfin

....And then I'm thinking ..."why am I asking ?".....my church , my rules.... Not that there are any rules of course... In my world , no rules means nothing can ever be broken ...
Old 26-12-2020, 04:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
...I am just wondering, whether I can "christen" myself... At the sink ... Or maybe the sea?... ( Does salt or tap water count ?).... It's just that maybe, I'm thinking, a Christmas gift to myself in tribute to my church... Church of Elfin that is...

I see nothing wrong in that.

If you want, I will Christian you remotely......

and being it is Boxing Day, an extension of Christmas, you still have some time left to do it on 'Christmas'.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜