Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > General Paranormal

Old 28-11-2020, 07:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
Siddhis manifest quite naturally for the "pure of heart" when the situation commands it.

Having met many siddhas at the Khumba Mela in India as well as at other places, I realized that virtually anything is possible. I also realized that siddhis are rarely displayed without a trace of ego.

I have never seen it displayed.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 28-11-2020, 09:47 PM
Aditi

Quote:
Originally Posted by deLord
@Aditi
as mentioned already, I am far from getting stuck with them for lower reasons. The most important thing is just to know without the shadow of a doubt that these things can be achieved - and then also to understand why nobody seems to use them. What I mean is: there is so much good that could be done with siddhis - but why is nobody (?) doing it? Politicians and corporate greed destroy our planet and it would be rather easy for a siddha to change something about that.
I know the story of the two friends and the ferryman :) but to fully understand I think one has to experience the "this is better than what you did"-part. Because without having reached it, how can anyone know that attaining enlightenment if far far better than "just" attaining a siddhi? I imagine someone who never fell in love. How are you gonna describe to him what he misses? I think it's impossible. It's like describing colors to a (color-)blind.
I don't think siddhis have anything to do with enlightenment, but I can see that you do and I am happy to agree to disagree. It's not like I know what it's like to be enlightened.

In regards to changing things, I can relate to the spirit of what you are saying. I can't stand unfairness either. But it might come back to whether you believe in something like divine order or not. If I had powers, I would not change the things you mention because I am very aware that I don't know enough to know what, if anything, needs to be changed. If you believe in karma, all kinds of unpleasantness are necessary because they help us learn what we need to in order to get through our own karma-induced messes and our general immaturity. The ideal would be that we outgrow the dualistic viewpoint altogether (in this case - wanting life to be pleasant and not unpleasant) and experience the world with an equal mind.

So, I wouldn't think of it so much in terms of how a person could use powers to do things. I think it should be about whether God wishes to work through that person.

More than anything, I actually don't think it's possible to love God with all your heart, and at the same time reject how the world works. Devi is my only constant. If she wants to destroy something, it should be destroyed. If she wants to change something, she has infinite ways to change it. She responds favourably to surrender, and I would not like to have to tell her what to do. I think the best thing anyone can do is try to live by their own basic dharma.
Old 29-11-2020, 01:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
I have never seen it displayed.

After seeing many siddhis displayed and having directly experienced some myself, I actually lost interest in them ... knowing that whatever is needed manifests in the appropriate moment.
Old 29-11-2020, 02:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditi
I don't think siddhis have anything to do with enlightenment.

So, I wouldn't think of it so much in terms of how a person could use powers to do things. I think it should be about whether God wishes to work through that person.

I agree with you completely on both of the above points. My impressions are also that siddhis most assuredly do not imply enlightenment. As a matter of fact, it has been my experience that, more often than not, the display of siddhis are rarely done without a trace of ego.

As in your second point, I simply surrender to that which lies beyond it all and it guides me unerringly in the best interests of all with no expectation of a reward. If siddhis are necessary, they simply manifest when appropriate with one simply being an instrument with no ego whatsoever (or as little ego as possible ). One eventually completely avoids the attention that siddhis inevitably attract and, if some people ask how certain "miraculous" things happen, I simply respond as my teacher used to respond, "I don't know".
Old 29-11-2020, 02:26 PM
ImthatIm

I like what Still Waters has said on the matter.
Old 29-11-2020, 09:45 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
I like what Still Waters has said on the matter.

I concur. lol.
Old 29-11-2020, 11:40 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
I was able to bi-locate twice.

............ and a few other things.

Can you say something about the circumstances of that? How long did it last, did you have control over it, why did it happen? Bi-locate as in really physically being in two places at the same time? That's hard just to imagine how that would be.

I've still not completely come to terms with the duality of "do nothing - universe will do/give everything necessary" vs "you have to do some work / sadhana". So --- which one is it? Why not play computer all day? Or completey ignore the spiritual way? If nothing can be achieved but only given by grace or surrender (I do not yet completely understand this concept).

If siddhis have nothing to do with enlightenment, then why is it that some people say siddhis come under way anyway so it's no use to strife for them? Why will only so little people have siddhis? For example what about Baba Lokenath who used to fulfill every wish he was asked for? He certainly did not hold back his powers as most people pray; and from what I read he was the most advanced embodied being I can imagine and that I heard of.
Old 30-11-2020, 12:40 AM
Since this isn't the Hindu section ---where I think you could get more notice - here is a definition:
siddhi
1. complete understanding and enlightenment possessed by a siddha.
2. a paranormal power possessed by a siddha.

Blue Elephant: ''Kindly look for a Siddha - one who is Illuminated by and KNOWS,
Dwells in, IS, the Divine Light / Love of God/ Truth.''

Btw, welcome deLord.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 30-11-2020, 01:49 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Can you say something about the circumstances of that? How long did it last, did you have control over it, why did it happen? Bi-locate as in really physically being in two places at the same time? That's hard just to imagine how that would be.

I've still not completely come to terms with the duality of "do nothing - universe will do/give everything necessary" vs "you have to do some work / sadhana". So --- which one is it? Why not play computer all day? Or completey ignore the spiritual way? If nothing can be achieved but only given by grace or surrender (I do not yet completely understand this concept).

If siddhis have nothing to do with enlightenment, then why is it that some people say siddhis come under way anyway so it's no use to strife for them? Why will only so little people have siddhis? For example what about Baba Lokenath who used to fulfill every wish he was asked for? He certainly did not hold back his powers as most people pray; and from what I read he was the most advanced embodied being I can imagine and that I heard of.

I understand some of your confusion: ( I hope this might clear up some of this).

First do extensive study and practice for 10 to 12 years, then even more practice day and night for 30 years, and then one might be in the company of God 24/7 and then ones life changes - it is all spontaneous, etc etc...

Baba Lokenath did extensive practice (Sadhana) extreme discipline under the guidance of his Guru for 40 + years. Just for example under the subject of Fasting: one meal a day, then after whatever time: one meal every other day.... after months and months and years this continued until he was having a light meal once each month. but also engaged in various yogic spiritual practices day and night.

Other things to discuss, but in time.
Old 30-11-2020, 04:38 AM
Master
Quote:

Sure.

If you can get your mind to be quiet...... that is when the magick begins.

One thing that helped me to get to that state was getting 1-4 hours worth of massages per day. The deeper the massage the better. One woman would brace her self against the wall so as to get 'deeper' and I would feel 'nothing'.

Then sometimes I would go down to the Rive and sit or stand on one of the floating docking piers. The up and down motions would easily put me into a deeper altered state.

Something else that would help is the Buddhist walking meditations. I would go up in the mountains and generally after 8 hours, the magic would begin.

Being in 'special places' would help.

As far as having control over what was happening..... very little control.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.