Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 10-03-2020, 02:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
Love in its purest form is infinite and unconditional.
That's like saying 'space' in its 'purest' form is infinite and 'empty'.

Your statement comes across as being no more than 'nice' sounding words being bandied around, Elfin. If they are not 'sophist' peacock feather-fluffing, please provide some examples of what you call 'pure' love to illustrate what you actually mean.
Old 10-03-2020, 02:43 PM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
That's like saying 'space' in its 'purest' form is infinite and 'empty'.

Your statement comes across as being no more than 'nice' sounding words being bandied around, Elfin. If they are not 'sophist' peacock feather-fluffing, please provide some examples of what you call 'pure' love to illustrate what you actually mean.
Hi... I talk about spiritual love in the one sense and relate to an unconditional bond of love on earth as in the birth of a child for example. However I believe their IS only Love connected to the universe.
Old 10-03-2020, 03:15 PM
Master

Maybe, before the BigBang (if there was one), 'God' wasn't a god of love but of hate or jealousy or terror. Maybe 'he' had to Evolute too and started again 13billion years ago. Maybe he too is on an upward path and will rise above love.

Silly I know - but who knows.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 10-03-2020, 03:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Hi... I talk about spiritual love in the one sense and relate to an unconditional bond of love on earth as in the birth of a child for example. However I believe their IS only Love connected to the universe.
I too believe that everything is an experiencing-expression of Love (I postulate that Love and Joy is the Essence, or Principle, of Life in my treatise), but think that every such experience/expression is subjectively 'colored', and therefore that there is no such thing as 'pure' (completely/absoutely uncolored or subjective-condition-free) love in actuality.

The "bond of love on earth as in the birth of a child" (for example) which you reference is just that - your sense of 'love'. Characterizing it as being 'pure' or 'unconditional' (hence 'universal') is the height of hubris and self-glorification, IMO, which 'club' many here besides yourself are drawn to subscribe to ('God' being thought to be and 'seen' as being an 'unconditionally' loving Father/Mother, for example), but that (club) is something I iconoclastically criticize as being Polyanna-naive and therefore not as Life enhancing and augmenting as is really 'called for' by our (conjoint) earthly circumstance.

Last edited by davidsun : 10-03-2020 at 05:37 PM.
Old 10-03-2020, 06:16 PM
Newbie ;)

love is the way of life if you found a perfect one.
Old 10-03-2020, 06:18 PM
Master
Quote:
HiHo Elfin - Have you thought about the fact that it is the disproportionateness of people's 'love' of human 'babies' and 'having' them that is one of the main 'cause's of our currently gargantuan-godzilla overpopulational/climatological/diseases-running-rampant CRISES, and the implications this has for what and how future generations 'need' to learn and be taught to 'love' - that is, if there are 'future' generations?

This is not to deny the wonder-full meaning-fullness of the symbolism of 'Christ' baby-n-child images - i.e. the ever-present potential for new/fresh Life-development.

Last edited by davidsun : 10-03-2020 at 07:23 PM.
Old 10-03-2020, 07:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
Maybe, before the BigBang (if there was one), 'God' wasn't a god of love but of hate or jealousy or terror. Maybe 'he' had to Evolute too and started again 13billion years ago. Maybe he too is on an upward path and will rise above love.

Silly I know - but who knows.
Not silly at all in my view - in my view, the 'God' of our 'world' at the time of the dinosaurs wasn't the same as the 'God' of 'the world' now. Then would have been a 'hell' of a time to live, not that where humanity is and is going now isn't 'hellish' enough as is!

In my view (elaborated in my treatise), 'the Father' (the Creative Life-Force) and 'the Son' (the Force of Creation) dynamically affect one another in a mobius-strip like feedback-loop of Creativity<=>Creation.
Old 10-03-2020, 07:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendy67
love is the way of life if you found a perfect one.
Watchoo mean 'if'?
Old 10-03-2020, 09:59 PM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
HiHo Elfin - Have you thought about the fact that it is the disproportionateness of people's 'love' of human 'babies' and 'having' them that is one of the main 'cause's of our currently gargantuan-godzilla overpopulational/climatological/diseases-running-rampant CRISES, and the implications this has for what and how future generations 'need' to learn and be taught to 'love' - that is, if there are 'future' generations?

This is not to deny the wonder-full meaning-fullness of the symbolism of 'Christ' baby-n-child images - i.e. the ever-present potential for new/fresh Life-development.
Hi, I believe the universe and everything in it is based on love, and only Love. No anger, greed, jealousy or otherwise. Therefore I would term that as pure love, from the one source, the divine, the creator.The "love" we experience as "humans" can be mis-leading, mis-guided,mis -judgded, because of human emotion i.e anger/ jealousy/ greed etc.One may have perceived a relationship as love only to discover it was short- lived, disappointing, and at best, "lust". I use birth of child as unconditional love because I could never stop loving my children .. ever. You raise the point of "people's love of babies.." etc etc . I do understand where you are coming from with this , however I feel that this is only something we think/ feel as we mature with life experience..... But the truth is..while ever there are males and females on this earth then babies will continue to be born... Because that is "human" nature / instinct.
Old 10-03-2020, 11:06 PM
Elfin

But in real life... absolute pure unadultarated love is simple.. without question.. and what any mourners that may " happen " to turn up at my funeral just to " make sure I'm dead" will experience..... Fish and chips with lots n lots of salt and vinegar! Now that's LOVE!