Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Massage

Old 11-02-2012, 09:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
It sounds wonderful SG. I wish we had 'smelly' computers so you could waft the oil across the oceans to give me a whiff!!

Did you fall asleep during the hour? Was there background soothing music? Did you feel refreshed and rejuvenated afterwards, or sleepy and dosy, or.....?

I only ask because I've never had a massage.

If not for the receptionist's encouragement, I would've been too nervous to even show up. I had taken a relaxer pill, rofl, before I went, but I was nervous ~ it seems odd to go somewhere to have a total stranger ~ albeit a professional trained person ~ touch your body here n there ~ although I think she was conservative since she probly knew I was an extra nervous newbie.

I didn't fall asleep because I wanted to chat to kind of get a feel for the person doing the work. They did have background music, it was a very nice native american flute type and I commented on it to her how nice it was. I definitely felt rejuvenated and perky afterwards.

Smiler ~ I too am going to try and go every week. I could get used to this!

Old 11-02-2012, 09:40 PM
Gracey

Happy for ya silvergirl!
Old 11-02-2012, 09:41 PM
Master
Hiya Gracey ~ thanks ~ you might wanna check into this.

Old 11-02-2012, 09:42 PM
Gracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
Hiya Gracey ~ thanks ~ you might wanna check into this.

Old 11-02-2012, 10:01 PM
midnightstar

SG I'm glad you enjoyed your massage You deserved it
Old 11-02-2012, 10:13 PM
Master
Ty so much bd! Time and money well spent~*

Old 21-04-2012, 11:29 PM
ceekay

I went for medical massages for my TMJ. I will say the problem I had was trying to get used to someone touching me. I don't know why I have an issue with that. :(

However she helped to loosen the muscles in my head and face. My scalp was so tight it felt like it was fused to my head! :(

I give her a lot of credit for working with me - my TMJ is really severe and I suffer from panic attacks! :(

Chris.
Old 22-04-2012, 04:05 AM
Master
Hi ceekay ~ Glad you are getting things sorted out with your TMJ and all.

I've been going to the massage therapist 2X a week every Tues. and Fri. for about a month and a half now - my neck and upper shoulder muscles were so tight, she really had to work them, and now they are starting to really relax. This massage therapy and the chiropractic treatments are the best things I've done for myself. It's wonderful.

Old 29-04-2012, 06:48 AM
*Matt*

Congratulations on getting your first massage. I have massage about every two months; sometimes full body but mainly upper body and concentrating on the hands and shoulders as I am a musician.

I usually fall asleep **** and when I walk back to my house (the health clinic is 50 ft to my left) I am as loose as Grover from Sesame street :)

Seriously though, I love how it completely relaxes me and helps my mind and body.

Matt
Old 25-08-2012, 03:00 AM
thedoc

As I stated elsewere my daughter just graduated with a certificate in Massage Therapy from YTI, Gracey might recognize that, so I will be watching this forum for interesting comments. In her studies she explored several different therapys.

Creeky, my daughter has TMJ also, how is your therapy working?