Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 17-09-2020, 06:24 PM
asearcher

From the get go - or having developed hypersensitivity?

Through Brian Weiss I learn that he thought through the spiritual development that we become more sensitive, compassionate. Does it mean that hypersensitive people have developed more than a regular guy, girl with normal sensibility?
Old 17-09-2020, 09:15 PM
Master

Not necessarily. What do we mean by sensitivity and hypersensitivity?

Hypersensitivity:
1. having extreme physical sensitivity to particular substances or conditions.
2. easily hurt, worried, or offended.

This (to me) is not the mark of a spiritually developed person.

So what does sensitive mean? It can mean an awareness and consideration of the feelings of others. But it can also mean an excess of feeling on an emotional level, which again (to me) is not the sign of spiritual development.

I consider true sensitivity as being receptive to the higher impulses from within, from our own Higher Self. This naturally expresses as compassion, love, joy, gratitude, etc.

Peace
Old 17-09-2020, 11:28 PM
janielee

Agreeing with iamthat

Hypersensitive is probably more of the nature of the personality, as it developed etc.

JL
Old 18-09-2020, 06:33 AM
Master
I believe that the sensitivity within a person is usually misconstrued. In my youth, I considered myself a blokes bloke. Being ex-military and all the cliches that go with it. I was still 'sensitive'. I feel the energy/pain/happiness around me by those that are in close proximity. Which becomes draining for me. I was born with it (Pisces), after my awakening it became stronger. So I dare say it can come on as you become more spiritually aware. Sociopaths and psychopathic people are the ones that lack even a hint of sensitivity. In a spiritual sense, 'senitivity' is the like a sonar for other people energies good or bad that you can pick up on.

Ha ezek lennének az utolsó szavaim, minden jót kívánok az élet során. Ahogy mindent megtettem, hogy figyelmeztesselek. Béke és szeretet mindig - HA

Yes, I spell my alias incorrectly on purpose. To prove I am not perfect. Yet.