Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Forum Help

Old 16-08-2020, 03:46 PM
janielee

You have a very beautiful energy, annonafox
Old 16-08-2020, 09:25 PM
Administrator
I think it would be a good idea Heidi. to some people spirituality can be very daunting but by adding Humour into it you Lighten the mood. and some might learn more.

Namaste
Old 17-08-2020, 05:26 AM
Deactivated Account
Why not just give it a try to test what interest there actually is?
Old 21-08-2020, 09:22 PM
Master
People are talking about the fun aspect, but for me it was kindof the other way. In particular I used to enjoy some of the in depth non-duality type conversations and associated stuff, but they had a habit of devolving into food-fights. As a result one or two of the more prominent contributors got banned and went elsewhere, others subsequently drifted off, and the conversations/debate seemed to fizzle out a bit.

Since then I still come often and have a read around, but it seemed the like the forum became the twin flame forum. Of course nothing wrong with that, but just scanning down the main page and looking at the numbers participating in any given section at a time, there seemed to be not much going on in the majority and a disproportionate amount in there. So I guess it just wasn't what interested me personally.

Since then I mostly just post in the music thread, because it's an interest, and I like to just share something in return for the posts other members do put up for me to read. Plus it was a thread the founder himself started, and knowing the situation, and that it meant a lot to some others to see that particular thread still thriving and putting a smile on people's faces.

I agree you can never have enough fun though! … light-hearted is good, and might get things flowing again, as it's usually comfortable fare for new members, perhaps to ease themselves in.

Actually I had an idea for a light-hearted thread .. I'll put it up in the Lounge.

Last edited by Lazarus72 : 21-08-2020 at 10:04 PM.
Old 22-08-2020, 03:14 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus72
People are talking about the fun aspect, but for me it was kind of the other way. In particular I used to enjoy some of the in depth non-duality type conversations and associated stuff, but they had a habit of devolving into food-fights.

As a result one or two of the more prominent contributors got banned and went elsewhere, others subsequently drifted off, and the conversations/debate seemed to fizzle out a bit.

Since then I still come often and have a read around, but it seemed the like the forum became the twin flame forum. Of course nothing wrong with that, but just scanning down the main page and looking at the numbers participating in any given section at a time, there seemed to be not much going on in the majority and a disproportionate amount in there. So I guess it just wasn't what interested me personally.

This is my perspective too. I like/d detailed discussions, perspectives, constructive debate, and most of the people who used to contribute to in-depth chats seem to have been asked to leave, opted out themselves, and overall there doesn't seem to be as much activity as before.

For the volume of menu choices, we don't have the volume of members/contributors, so sometimes it takes a little while. Fortunately, the Search option works well.

That being said, the forum is a real treasure trove and there are still so many Lights that drift here, and there and I find it invaluable and a place I am grateful for. Also I do imagine that it's hard work running it.

I hope that it survives, and perhaps one day will thrive again with more capacity for debate and in depth discussions/exploration.

JL
Old 22-08-2020, 05:11 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus72
People are talking about the fun aspect, but for me it was kindof the other way. In particular I used to enjoy some of the in depth non-duality type conversations and associated stuff, but they had a habit of devolving into food-fights. As a result one or two of the more prominent contributors got banned and went elsewhere, others subsequently drifted off, and the conversations/debate seemed to fizzle out a bit.

I agree you can never have enough fun though! … light-hearted is good, and might get things flowing again, as it's usually comfortable fare for new members, perhaps to ease themselves in.

Actually I had an idea for a light-hearted thread .. I'll put it up in the Lounge.

Yup. I used to come here to both express my thoughts and to learn. I found it very helpful to challenge and to be challenged. There is a place for fairies and rainbows and there is a place for lightheartedness. However, those of us who were passionate for spiritual discussion need to balance the fun with greater substance, as well. This forum lost that balance for me, and as Lazarus stated, I lost interest and faded away.

Glad its still here, though. Maybe I'll post more often again. But don't expect me to sugarcoat my opinions. No need to get offended, just an opinion :)
"Correcting oneself is correcting the whole world. The sun is simply bright. It does not correct anyone. Because it shines, the whole world is full of light. Transforming yourself is a means of giving light." ~~~~Ramana Maharshi
Old 22-08-2020, 09:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
This is my perspective too. I like/d detailed discussions, perspectives, constructive debate, and most of the people who used to contribute to in-depth chats seem to have been asked to leave, opted out themselves, and overall there doesn't seem to be as much activity as before.

For the volume of menu choices, we don't have the volume of members/contributors, so sometimes it takes a little while. Fortunately, the Search option works well.

That being said, the forum is a real treasure trove and there are still so many Lights that drift here, and there and I find it invaluable and a place I am grateful for. Also I do imagine that it's hard work running it.

I hope that it survives, and perhaps one day will thrive again with more capacity for debate and in depth discussions/exploration.

JL

Yes, it's doubtlessly hard work running it, and sometimes those guys were put in impossible situations. There's a line where this passionate debate tips over into perpetual quarrelling and it certainly did happen despite their best efforts to moderate. Other times where I felt the debate could've been allowed to be a little rigourous and perhaps was jumped on a bit early. Never an exact science though, and one that I declined to take on myself. So props.
Old 22-08-2020, 02:51 PM
janielee

The rules here are extremely strict for a forum so debate is .. challenging. Some learn to skirt it, others are banned, or opt out if discussion is stifled or repressed, but yes it’s a slippery slope, as the moderators are doing their job according to the rules defined. I also suspect spiritual boards attract their share of unstable people too. Easy to judge. Doubt it’s easy in practice to moderatel and it’s a difficult thing to balance.

That said, many many have been banned or stifled. I bet that gradually dents the forum...leaves only certain players here over time.

But who knows? Things might come back to life, rebalance out over time, and agreeing with both of you that thoughtful constructive conversation this way and that can be helpful, and interesting, to many.

Good travels,

Jl
Old 23-08-2020, 06:20 PM
Experiencer
to honour Matt

to survive and honour Matts name i be leave you have to make small changes your not gona be able to survive on donations alone when i was a kid i hated change but as i got older i realised the whole universe in is in constant flux or change i live thousands of miles away from you guys i live in the uk but there must be a number of other member who are from the uk too ask questions from time to time you need some rally or open day or start a magazine probably not practical i must confess i preffer holding words in front of my face but anything worth a try i know a lot of you guys work like the rest of us and give up your time its when you got the time but no funds to keep things going