Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 11-09-2020, 07:50 AM
Knower

Deciphering, Discernment, & Differentiating

At times along my journey I have found it difficult to understand a spiritual experience
(what one may consider as such): visions, dreams, synchronicity, orbs, sensations, forms of communication, etc.
Further, make sense of it in relation to other facets of existence.

During your spiritual development, have you found this to be true as well?
How have you dealt with this? Logic & reasoning? Time? Trial & Error? Communication with others?
Continual research & pursuit?
Old 11-09-2020, 12:37 PM
Master
For me, I have found the answers intuitively; we all have the answers to our own life right inside of us, it is just that we are used to using our head, or mind, to figure things out but often reasoning and logic will fail us when it comes to spiritual matters. Things that we experience from another dimension needs to be answered from another dimension.

When I let go of looking for the answer then the answer usually comes to me. Quiet meditation may help. Journaling, or writing down your experiences and then going back to look at them months or years later may also give some insights.

Each person has their own way of putting together the puzzle of their life; the way you will do it is germane to your way of doing things, your personality, attitude, etc. Copying the way someone else is doing it may or may not work for you.

But one thing is for sure; you have the answers to your own life right inside of you. Finding those answers is part of the journey. You have got to be patient with your self, any quick answers you may come up with may not go deep enough. I suggest you just read and participate in some of the discussions here on this website.
Old 11-09-2020, 01:30 PM
Master

I try to record experiences when they happen. I've had various luck with that because recording might not be high on my priority list when something happens, but there are some archives. Some things did not make sense at the time. I can't say I have been pursuiting answers much but I do have the option to look back and reconsider the meaning later.
Old 12-09-2020, 01:13 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiberatedLotus
At times along my journey I have found it difficult to understand a spiritual experience
(what one may consider as such): visions, dreams, synchronicity, orbs, sensations, forms of communication, etc.

How have you dealt with this? Logic & reasoning? Time? Trial & Error? Communication with others?
I believe that our intellect and our emotions lead us on a wrong, or at least on a longer path in our journey. I believe that a more reliable resource is our intuition, which unfortunately for the most of us is very weak, insufficiently developed.

Following what others preach / teach, gurus or dogmas, is also unreliable. There are so many. Whom to believe?

In my opinion and experience, the most reliable resource is your own inner source of knowledge and guidance. But even in your relationship with this source you have to be very cautious that you could greatly distort its messages with your conscious and especially unconscious beliefs, with you intellect, emotions too.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 12-09-2020, 01:44 AM
Master
Quote:

I realized until you understand yourself in them, it’s difficult to interpret a bigger picture of it as part of existence.

I reached a point in my process where I investigated it as myself first then in that clarity and non attachment, you then as yourself aware, can see in that wisdom as something greater how the interconnectedness relates.

Every part of your being becomes conditioned, so everything is skewed with regards to all those things you mentioned. Even so it’s good to explore the nature of all those things with others, to understand yourself as them before you do understand.

It’s kind of like once you see that ‘self first’ gets clear in it, the rest is just the recreation from that.

In this way your not projecting into others the very thing your needing to understand as yourself.
Old 12-09-2020, 02:28 AM
Master

Quote:

in my view it is like a puzzle, until you have enough pieces to put together you can't start getting a view of the picture. And you don't have the box the puzzle came in to refer to... So you look for more pieces (which can mean trial and error, asking others, sometimes guessing through reason where to find a piece, etc depending on which part of the puzzle you concentrate on), or you just sit and wait for more pieces to come into view naturally.

one thing people don't regard very much is the idea of confirmation bias... the pieces you accept being those you most resonate with and you ignore the ones you least resonate with. So it is easy to get stuck by not accepting the peices you actually need when they come into view...
Old 12-09-2020, 09:48 AM
Master

finding spirituality true

Quote:

You can find it true in multiple ways.

Logic & reasoning? -- > Yes
Time? --> Yes if u understand evolutionary nature of life
Trial & Error? --> Limited yes
Communication with others? --> Limited Yes
Continual research & pursuit? --> Yes
Love for life & its ways(various laws and sciences ) --> Yes
Sense of justice --> Yes
belief in eternal life --> Yes
Love for creation --> Yes
Sustainability & pervasiveness of life's purpose --> Yes
Old 12-09-2020, 01:47 PM
Lorelyen

I've often relied on act and result. If an act leads to a result I don't always concern myself with the mystique except at the basic level of "ok, I was applying certain energies which I expected to lead to the outcome because others in the past have relied on this and it worked."

No more than I need know how digital colour television works to be able to use a telly. I press a button and up pops a screenful.

What becomes important is can I replicate the act-result relationship?
Old 12-09-2020, 02:28 PM
Master

In my view, the (lower) mind is conditioned and limited. The higher aspect of mind requires identity to disappear, being a presence, one with universal consciousness. Along the spiritual path, oscillation between these two polarities is inevitable.

Recognising then all analysis as paralysis, the spiritual development is simply the ‘letting go of, to get to’ in a journey without movement, tuning into subtler vibrations in stillness by resonation. The only impediment is we ourself. We need to get out of our own way, so to speak. Hence emphasis on childlike innocence and purity of being.