Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 18-12-2010, 05:55 AM
Master
Satan????

I am having a dilemma. There are so many views on Satan/the devil and I was wondering what makes "sense" to most people and what can be discarded as hocus pocus/unhealthy.

There is the Edgar Cayce readings: That say that Satan is the collective consciousness of evil, the force that rebelled against God in the beginning. Souls that steeped deeper and deeper into matter and lost their awareness of the Father.

Paramahansa Yogananda the yogi said: Satan is that part of God that pulls the soul outward into material manifestation and tempts him with the senses. That independent force created BY God to push manifestation outward. But became obsessed with it's independence and gave man temptations of bodily senses. Note- Yogananda said that Satan created sexual pleasure. Sounds a bit harsh.

Orthodox Christianity: Satan is a fallen spirit who led other fallen spirits against God and was cast out into outer darkness. Okay this is more metaphorical/allegorical to explain to simple minds.

Buddhism: Satan is Mara, the god a death. A natural force that keeps entities indulged in reincarnation and suffering to keep them earthbound. Mara turns the wheels of karma and uses temptations to those on the way to liberation as a Buddha.

Hinduism: Maya is the delusion in the universe making all things seem finite, separate, and alone without a God keeping the soul feel earthbound and mortal.

It seems like they are all saying the same thing but they are not. Cayce says it is a force of souls who separated from God, Yogananda refers to it as something created by God and the Creator of Sex? And Buddhism sees it as a natural aspect of creation to keep things earthbound, and Hinduism sees it as an abstract essence or mechanism in the universe.

Well what do you all think?
Old 18-12-2010, 10:35 AM
Geometry

I see the words adversary and opponent as a good words to describe Satan.
The word Devil is also synonymous with Satan.

A Devil could be a person, group or organisation
that seeks to see a persons demise.

Why assume some super Satan of sorts exists? Could it be
that the correct bible translation to use would have been the
word adversary instead of Satan.

Kings 11:23
And God also raised up another adversary to Him, Rezon the son of Elida,
who had fled from his lord Hadadezer king of Zobah.

Something I have also read before is that the words
"devil" and "Lucifer" are two words the church uses
falsely and synonymously with "Satan". But
neither of the Hebrew words translated devils
indicate anything supernatural or angelic.
Old 18-12-2010, 04:49 PM
Master
Well that is what Edgar Cayce basically said. That the devil was basically fallen human nature. And that souls entrapping themselves in matter through self-gratification brought the force known as Satan.

Cayce never said demons existed. To him the Archangels and Angels are spiritual creations of God that serve his Will and love his Bliss forever and ever and can not possibly fall because they do not have the free will like Man. They can manifest in thousands of places at once, come as a person, work through masses, and act as impulses. So they can not fall. So the whole Lucifer story to Cayce meant nothing more but a metaphor for the soul "a morning star" falling from grace further and further away from God. Where as Jesus is the soul that ascended higher and higher into God.

So I guess Cayce's argument will win out this one.

But then you have stories by Saints such as Padre Pio, Theresa Avila, St. Francis and many others who had "encounters" with the Devil. Padre pio use to get beaten and tempted by female nude demons at night, Theresa of Avila use to see the devil in her church laughing in the back row, and St. Francis I think on occasion saw the devil. But it seems like if we go by Cayce's work this "devil apparition" is something self-created by these Saints from past lives. The Devil being the shadow self/lower self would manifest to a Saint who is on their way to liberation, a superimposed superconscious manifestation from their subconscious weaknesses. Which would be the temptations of Buddha were from his past life failures and finally conquered them under the Tree.
Old 18-12-2010, 04:51 PM
Kapitan_Prien

I'm having a totally different take on the issue since I've read (online) about the two types of Satanism (LaVey which is atheistic and theistic Satanism), but then having recently read about how the Devil tarot card is associated with Capricorn (which I am).

So - I'm in the midst a bit here on researching more on the Capricorn-Devil tarot card connection.

It's quite interesting to say the least.
Old 18-12-2010, 04:51 PM
Administrator
I cant say that i believe in satan or god, i believe in THE GREAT SPIRIT , but where their is Light there has to be Dark,

i also believe that people can be Good as well as Bad,

Namaste
Old 18-12-2010, 08:49 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
I am having a dilemma. There are so many views on Satan/the devil and I was wondering what makes "sense" to most people and what can be discarded as hocus pocus/unhealthy.

There is the Edgar Cayce readings: That say that Satan is the collective consciousness of evil, the force that rebelled against God in the beginning. Souls that steeped deeper and deeper into matter and lost their awareness of the Father.

Paramahansa Yogananda the yogi said: Satan is that part of God that pulls the soul outward into material manifestation and tempts him with the senses. That independent force created BY God to push manifestation outward. But became obsessed with it's independence and gave man temptations of bodily senses. Note- Yogananda said that Satan created sexual pleasure. Sounds a bit harsh.

Orthodox Christianity: Satan is a fallen spirit who led other fallen spirits against God and was cast out into outer darkness. Okay this is more metaphorical/allegorical to explain to simple minds.

Buddhism: Satan is Mara, the god a death. A natural force that keeps entities indulged in reincarnation and suffering to keep them earthbound. Mara turns the wheels of karma and uses temptations to those on the way to liberation as a Buddha.

Hinduism: Maya is the delusion in the universe making all things seem finite, separate, and alone without a God keeping the soul feel earthbound and mortal.

It seems like they are all saying the same thing but they are not. Cayce says it is a force of souls who separated from God, Yogananda refers to it as something created by God and the Creator of Sex? And Buddhism sees it as a natural aspect of creation to keep things earthbound, and Hinduism sees it as an abstract essence or mechanism in the universe.

Well what do you all think?

Satan was a being that was created by God to help rule his Creation. In the beginning and for a long time Satan was loyal and trusted. God didn't create Satan with a will to rebel, he merely gave him free will which he then used to rebel. God gives all of his children free will.

I don't think that evil necessarily has a collective consciousness. It seems more to me like evil has no consciousness at all.

Satan did not create sexual pleasure. He merely exploited it like he exploited man's fears and desires. Satan is not a god. Nor is he part of God. There is only one God.

Satan was not cast out into darkness. He went there willingly and despite many many warnings. He wanted independence from God and eventually that's what he got.

For all intents and purposes, Satan does not exist anymore. His legacy is all that is still here, and even that will not last.
Old 22-12-2010, 10:30 PM
Pathfinder

Satan?

InSpirit
I truly pray your thesis is correct that Satan's legacy will not continue.Scripturally it says ultimitely of course that's true yet once one gets beyond the hype and non required media brou hahha it beyond seems there's a definite underpinning of uninspired abysmality and some of it is woven amongst the Creative industries called "Show Biz".The demons attempt definite contentious anti thesis against the inspired and there efforts are clearly known.They indulge even certain metaphysically attemptive manipulation including sophisticated telepathic slantedness and their demonic nature is irked invariably if they witness effective detectorial techniques not that anyone doing such work is increasedly vulnerable.I really don't know how much ritualized demonry is being practiced such as demonic rites yet the demons are a throng and I've resolutely witnessed them from my Providential Christian path.The key is identifying them accurately without giving way to pontification for the sake of itself or self ingratiating that merely adds to their photo opportunity mentalities.It's very real and I've discussed it via the Internet.I'm a Federal Bureau informant and the purpose of this response is that individuals perpetuate a sense of purpose that can if required counter satan's efforts.Did the 3 years of supposedly lost posts that this web reported help that mentality or thwart it?I presume thast's yet being revealed.Great wishes for the inspired and their persistence and wisdom helping affirm that the abysmals attemptive anti thesis is continually unflinchingly identified and thwarted.Take care and God bless the blessed!Absolutely no twisted parallels!
Absolutely straight forward!Gary V. Giardina!This sent before 4:30 P.M. December 22nd.2010.
Old 22-12-2010, 11:24 PM
Master
Satan to me is fear and darkness. Mainly fear.
Very short but that's how I feel.
Spiritlite.
Old 23-12-2010, 01:59 AM
iolite

Edgar Cayce was a christian and I think that would color or filter his writings. I bounce between believing that satan is a real entity to believing that perhaps there is no satan at all, but rather negative entities that gain power through our emotions.
Old 23-12-2010, 02:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
Satan to me is fear and darkness. Mainly fear.
Very short but that's how I feel.
Spiritlite.

How do you know satan is short?

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru