Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Mysteries, Myths & Legends

Old 28-05-2023, 11:20 PM
Newbie ;)

BIGFOOT

Back around 2007 I made the acquaintance of an interesting man, who was an Anesthesiologists from Hartford, Connecticut. His name was Reggie. He also collected antiques and was a frequent buyer at my antiques shop. But, even when he wasn't shopping for antiques, he always stopped by to chat with me.

During one such chat he told me a fantastic story about him having come to Vermont to go deer hunting, but instead had a horrifying encountered with (a) Bigfoot. The location of where he went deer hunting was on Glastenbury Mountain, which as some of you know is within the "Bennington Triangle" - a phrase coined by New England author Joseph A. Citro during a public radio broadcast in 1992 to denote an area of southwestern Vermont within which a number of people went missing between 1920 and 1950.

According to Reggie, he had parked his car on the side of a dirt road and then followed an old logging trail that took him up the mountainside and deep into the woods. He figured he had walked a distance of about three miles when he found a spot which overlooked a ravine and brook below and also held the promise of some deer activity. He propped his back up against the trunk of a tree and slunk down to sit on the ground with his rifle across his lap.
He sat quietly and comfortably watching the woods for about two hours, but then his eyes grew tired and he drifted off to sleep. He thought he had slept for about an hour and a half when he was suddenly awakened by a noise, which he said sounded like the limbs of trees being snapped and broken. He stood up to look around and half expected to see a Moose or Bear close by. But, there were no animals in sight and apart from the wind rustling through the trees, the woods fell silent again.
He was trying to decide whether or not he should go deeper into the woods to find another place to sit and watch, but it began to rain, so he opted to follow the old logging trail back to where he had parked his car and in hopes to see a deer along the way.

He had walked about a mile when he was startled to see the mutilated head of a deer in the middle of the trail, which looked to him as if it had been torn from its body and which he knew wasn’t there when he had come up the trail earlier that day. On closer inspection, he noticed the blood from the deer’s neck was still wet and oozing, which also indicated that the deer hadn’t been dead very long. He began to look around for the body of the deer, but he stopped his search when he saw the severed leg of the deer hanging from the branch of a tree, which was at least 8-10 feet above the ground.

That, he said, was enough to make him forget about deer hunting for the day and to think about returning to his car as quickly as he could.
He picked up his pace as he walked down the logging trail and he had firmly decided that even if a big Buck jumped right out in front of him that he wouldn’t bother to shoot it. But, being an ex-Marine he laughed at himself for having succumbed to a case of the heebie-jeebies. He figured he had walked about another mile when he heard a godawful howl coming from somewhere behind him. And then he was horror-struck when a bolder larger than a bowling ball hit the ground behind him and continued to roll past his boots and then another 5-6 feet in front of him. He wondered Who or What was big enough or strong enough to hurl a bolder that size through the air, but he said all he could think was “I gotta get the heck outta here!”
By that time the rain was coming down in buckets, which made the trail muddy and that much more difficult for him to trudge. He said he slipped and fell along the way several times. And then when he picked himself up from his knees the last time, he rose to see a giant, ape-like creature standing in the middle of the trail at a distance of about 20 yards ahead of him.

What frightened him more was that the creature was carrying a large bolder under one of its arms.
While he was deciding whether to take a shot at the creature or run for his life, the decision was made for him when the creature began to galumph towards him. He aimed his rifle and fired a shot, which he said he knew was a direct hit, because the creature warbled a step backwards, but quickly recovered its stance and continued to come towards him again. That was when he leapt-off the trail and ran into the woods. He said he ran through the woods for about fifteen minutes, but all the while he could hear the sound of the creature grunting and snorting behind him, as well as the snapping and cracking sounds of tree branches.

Thoroughly exhausted from running, he finally decided to climb high up into the limbs of an oak tree, where he hoped he’d go unnoticed by the creature. He had seven shells left in his rifle, which he planned to spend on the creature if it tried to shake him down from the tree. About 18 feet up into the tree, he straddled the crotch of two adjoining branches, where he awkwardly sat and waited with a firm grip on his rifle. Several quiet minutes passed before he once again heard the familiar grunts and snorts, which were then accompanied by a foul odor, which he described as smelling like “rotten cheese.” He searched the woods with his eyes. And then looking in the direction from where he heard the grunts and snorts, he saw the creature break through some low-growing shrubs and step out into a small clearing, where he got a good, long, look at it.

He said it had to have been between 8-10 feet tall, but he was relieved to notice that it was no longer carrying a bolder. He slowly raised his rifle in the direction of the creature, carefully cocked its hammer back, and got ready to fire. The creature looked around while it sniffed the air and occasionally grunted. Reggie sat perfectly still and tried to quiet his breathing. The creature sniffed the air again and then started to come towards the oak tree where Reggie was perched high above. Reggie followed its every footstep with his rifle sights. The creature came closer and closer until at last it stopped to stand directly under the tree where Reggie held his breath in fear of being discovered. The creature sniffed the air and turned to look in every direction, but not thinking or knowing enough to look upward, it didn’t notice Reggie and it finally moved-on to continue its search elsewhere. Reggie watched as it ambled down the hill and back into the woods, where it was once again out of sight.

He slowly released the hammer on his rifle and sighed with relief. But, he said he remained up in the tree for a good twenty minutes before he felt it was safe enough for him to climb down. And once he had his feet on the ground he found his way back to the old logging trail and eventually back to the safety of his car. The sky had grown dark and he thanked God he didn’t have to spend the night in the woods hiding from Bigfoot.
And that’s Reggie’s story as he related it to me.

Okay...I have to say that Reggie seemed to be a very logical and sensible man...and not at all the type to make up a wild story. He actually swore on his dead mother’s soul that he was telling me the truth. Many people have claimed to have seen (a) Bigfoot...including two of my personal friends. I have no reason to doubt their honestly, but I do have to wonder why after hundreds of years and thousands of sightings, why someone hasn’t discovered the dead body or at least the skeletal remains of a Bigfoot. I mean...unless they have a life span of 10,000 years or more, you would think that the remains of at least ONE dead Bigfoot would have turned up by now.

© T.N.W.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 30-05-2023 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Hard to read a block of words ...I made spacing.
Old 29-05-2023, 11:23 AM
Guide

Fascinating subject..
'Sasquatch Chronicles' on YouTube shares many interesting stories of people who claim to have seen Bigfoot..
Old 30-05-2023, 10:02 PM
Master
Lots of good vidoes and pics too-big cats have been seen in UK for years only recently they found some DNA in the countryside(there has afaik been no bodies but I heard a police officer interviewed who said he had discovered one on duty but not reported in press,also many reports of bigfoot in the UK)
Old 04-01-2024, 08:46 PM
Newbie ;)

Bigfoot is real. The creature does exist . The tale at the beginning of this thread doesn’t sound quite right to me as every story I have ever heard locally describes Bigfoot as a peaceful and solitary creature who is not carnivorous . The peaceful part goes right out the window if you are perceived as a trespasser in their territory or a threat to family members . They will intimidate you and become very threatening to warn you off but absolutely will not hurt you . I live in Montana on the edge of The Greater Yellowstone ecosystem where there are still very large swaths of wilderness . Grizzly bears and wolves are not uncommon here and I have heard these stories over the course of fifty years . I don’t want to ever see one but if I ever do I won’t be scared but I will be plenty nervous . There are plenty of stories I’ve heard that say they are herbivores with a particular fondness for apples . Scoff if you like but Bigfoot is real .