Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 04-03-2023, 10:49 AM
Master

Bluto I honestly don’t,think anything is wasted. Your doing an extremely valuable job. Imagine if we had no truckies then nobody would be able to have furniture, food, household appliances, just about everything. The world would be in right state then wouldn’t it.

I personally appreciate the truckies for what they do.
Old 04-03-2023, 12:52 PM
Knower

Redchic12, yes, there's the social value too. So even though a particular job, lifestyle choice, or decision might not satisfy someone on a personal level, it might have value at a social level. Truck drivers and artists are valuable to society. Imagine there were no artists, poets, writers etc, how bleak life would be with literally no art. Society needs art and artists, even if the individual artist doesn't make a ton of money from doing so. In this sense there is no waste, and there is meaning to be found in much suffering. I think that's time well spent - sure there's been no material return on the investment (of time), but it's a sad state of affairs if we view everything as a return on investment. What about the pure joy of doing something? What about indulging in one's passions? Again, what about the social value? That's no way a waste of time.
Old 20-05-2023, 07:35 PM
Master
I'll be turning 30 this year and I'm not looking forward to my milestone birthday. I wasted my whole youth on laziness and procrastination and now feel that life came to an end and I cant reach to my goals.

Last edited by girlsearching : 20-05-2023 at 09:14 PM.
Old 20-05-2023, 09:57 PM
Master
Then soon we can welcome you into the 30s club..

Childhood and teens is when we have unrealistic dreams..
Twenties is when we're in the middle, still dreaming but reality is trying to catch us..
Thirties is when you realize reality has caught up with you..

... doesn't stop dreams, ambitions etc.! Things are just become more realistic.
Old 21-05-2023, 03:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Then soon we can welcome you into the 30s club..

Childhood and teens is when we have unrealistic dreams..
Twenties is when we're in the middle, still dreaming but reality is trying to catch us..
Thirties is when you realize reality has caught up with you..

... doesn't stop dreams, ambitions etc.! Things are just become more realistic.
Thanks Altair for the encouragement.
Old 22-05-2023, 08:59 AM
Master

GirlS. Hey the thirties is when life really starts happening gal! Of course you will still have dreams and even they are more realistic achievable dreams imo. In fact I don’t think our dreams ever really stop. Mine haven’t. They just change at different times in your life.

I personally did the most amazing things in my life when I was in my thirties so for your birthday do the following:

Get a new hairstyle and colour.
Get a pedicure
Get a massage
Buy a complete new look in your wardrobe
Buy yourself a bunch of flowers
Join a creative art group ie painting, writing, pottery etc
Make an effort to meet new positive, creative people who can have a positive effect on you which in turn leads you onto a different path that you are on right now.
(Obviously not all the same time) lol

When I look back, I have always done this naturally and it has made a tremendous difference to my life.

Quote: Life is either a daring adventure or nothing

- Helen Keller
Old 25-05-2023, 12:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
GirlS. Hey the thirties is when life really starts happening gal! Of course you will still have dreams and even they are more realistic achievable dreams imo. In fact I don’t think our dreams ever really stop. Mine haven’t. They just change at different times in your life.

I personally did the most amazing things in my life when I was in my thirties so for your birthday do the following:

Get a new hairstyle and colour.
Get a pedicure
Get a massage
Buy a complete new look in your wardrobe
Buy yourself a bunch of flowers
Join a creative art group ie painting, writing, pottery etc
Make an effort to meet new positive, creative people who can have a positive effect on you which in turn leads you onto a different path that you are on right now.
(Obviously not all the same time) lol

When I look back, I have always done this naturally and it has made a tremendous difference to my life.

Quote: Life is either a daring adventure or nothing

- Helen Keller
Thank you Redchic12 but I'm not going to do any of the following I'm to afraid to get out of my comfornt zone. I don't celebrate my birthday becasue I never saw the point in it.
Old 25-05-2023, 02:41 PM
Master

Girl searching. Hey that’s ok. You don’t have to celebrate if you don’t feel like. Personally I haven’t celebrated my birthday for years and never tell anyone when it is. I just feel it’s a load of sh……..to be honest. But then again I’m a lot older than you and sometimes I think this comes with age. Maybe.

One way I’ve found that gets us out of our comfort zone is just taking a baby step into something that scares us. Just something simple and tiny that we can retreat back to our safety place if we’re not comfortable with it. I’ve heard that can work wonders.

Just a thought.
Old 25-05-2023, 09:41 PM
Experiencer
Pathfinder, I can sympathize. I also studied art but I had no intention of building a career as an artist. Even if you don't have time to make art, you could still keep it in your life. Go to an art museum if and when you can. This always feeds my soul. As far as making money from art, I had a few professors in university who couldn't get a gallery to show their work either but that didn't stop them. They decided to put together their own shows. Of course, they didn't rent a gallery space to do this. Whatever space they could find and turn into a gallery, they did. After some time, their work started to get noticed by galleries. I like the idea mentioned earlier of displaying your work in cafes.

Sometimes things work out, sometimes they don't. At least you tried.
Old 29-05-2023, 03:16 AM
Master
I don't celebrate my Birthday either it falls on the first of September . I just want to forget about turning 30 is no big deal in my opinion.