Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 07-06-2022, 09:27 PM
Experiencer

Bad omens about the Pagan path???

I used to post here a long time ago. I wanted to ask this on a local pagan Facebook group bu I didn't get accepted for some reason...
Raised strictly Christian but loving science and the natural world, my soul was in constant conflict.
I have Pagan friends/cousins, who encouraged me...
I already saw synchronicities for years (I'm very good now at figuring out in general what might happen in the near future based on them) and I picked up on crystals and essential oils right away... I read a couple basic books about beginning paganism.

But then I bought a tarot pack that appealed to me featuring crows. I would diffuse Cedarwood to purify the area (I'm not allowed to like burn sage here) do a magic circle with crystals, try to learn the cards, etc... I'm fascinated with them!!!

But... Last night a big brown bug crawled from beneath the bag I kept the cards while I was looking in that direction, it was a click bug (not a roach thankfully).

Now I'm seeing numbers that usually appear as a bad omen, but for some reason mixed with good omen numbers... The tarot readings tell of sudden change but overall prosperity in the future.

Maybe as a former Christian I'm diving into areas I don't belong in? Maybe I'm trying things too early like the tarot? I am still diagnosed with bipolar and autism, I've been told people that have mental issues shouldn't be Pagan (but ironically the Pagans I know have issues too???)

Maybe I need a better definition of the divine before trying a new path.
Old 08-06-2022, 05:50 AM
Ascender

There are many paths leading to the same destination. Only the religion of Christianity declares that its tenants are the correct ones. Christianity is the only one that disrespects other religions. I think you are being led to pursue other ideas and religions. And as for the bug, to paraphrase Sigmund Freud, the father of modern psychology, sometimes a bug is just a bug. If you live in an older homes, there are lots of cracks and crevases where bugs will find entrance.
Old 09-06-2022, 05:41 PM
Master
I agree with what Traveler posted and adding to it.

From what I understand, if you haven't already, is to treat your health issues and get them under control. You can still practice however you want or are guided to do despite your health issues. No one, as far as I know, is perfectly healthy and they are pagans, witches, etc. It doesn't make sense to me that health issues should prevent you from worshipping a Deity of your choice which I'm including organized religions.

No one should advise you as to what you should and shouldn't do (including myself). Of course, you can listen to their advice but in the end, the decision is yours as to how you're going to walk your path as you know it the best.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)
Old 22-06-2022, 08:58 AM
Master
Unfortunately the way you were raised (religion) has left its mark on you. It is sad to see how the Christian religion creates so much paranoia and fear in people. I used to be more lax about it but now I believe it (raising people with the religion) shouldn't be done at all. All the main religions, and monotheistic religions first, should be phased out of society just like tobacco and other unhealthy practices.
Old 22-06-2022, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angnix
Maybe I need a better definition of the divine before trying a new path.
Hi, Well, simplified, shortened, here's mine and it sure works for me!
The Divine is a brilliant Spirit. A spiritual Being that only loves and feeeeels.
This Being is All That Is...and created 'things' and 'playmates' or actors on a stage to enjoy in all situations, so to speak, like us watching movies.

And this Divine Being can be felt as a Presence all around us and in us.
But, it helps to be still - to wait, to listen, to expand our awareness, sit and be still and silent.
No religion needed, no labels either - pagan beliefs and Buddhist beliefs
Native American beliefs and Christian beliefs and all other spiritual beliefs can be incorporated in your wonderful world of experiences.

My Path is always the same, but I change my focus sometimes. Like walking thru a Bookstore and
pulling diff books off the shelf...all enhance my life and increase my knowledge.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 22-06-2022, 11:36 PM
ImthatIm

Beetles can represent groundedness. They travel with bellies close to the earth, and so their wisdom is sacred and deep. They are connected to the core of earth, and so they are rooted in knowledge about the way of life and nature.

They can also represent the following:
* Progress,Simplicity,Persistence,Stability,Methodical,Contemplative,Practical,Grounded,Potential,Security,Introverted,Protection,Solidarity

IMO:It is doubt that can lead to troubles so take the advice of the beetle and stay grounded and walk in security and with protection be practical with simplistic stable persistent forward progress.
Old 29-07-2023, 11:55 PM
Pathfinder

In my belief system, Beezlebub sends me insects to remind me I'm over indulging or obsessing too much about something. It's usually a sign I could get physically or mentally unwell. So perhaps you're going too deep and need to take a step back.

The beatles could mean many different things, but that is my interpretation.

So yes, as previous poster suggested, stay grounded <3