Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 11-01-2023, 05:47 AM
Experiencer

Tarot history.

I have a feeling that the Tarot is incredibly ancient. According to conventional history the Tarot cards have only been around for about 600 years. But I feel that tarot is much older than this, maybe 30,000 years old or more.

Some people say that tarot originated in Egypt or India and came to Europe with the gypsies. This resonates with me but I feel that it is even older than this, going back prehaps to the time of Atlantis.

My feeling is that the Tarot is a form of pictorial language that predates writing.

The Tarot for me was invented by God to help us tune into the Holy spirit. It was originally designed to facilitate meditation, not as a system of divination or as a game. When I reflect upon the Tarot I feel that I am in touch with something that is eternaly ancient. I know this goes against the conventional history but I value my feelings and I intuition more than the official accounts.
Old 15-01-2023, 03:20 PM
Master
Oh I just started a thread asking about the origins of the Tarot. Did not see this thread.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 15-01-2023, 06:31 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Oh I just started a thread asking about the origins of the Tarot. Did not see this thread.

That's okay.
Old 10-03-2023, 11:52 PM
Master
There is controversy about which came first, the 52-deck of playing cards or the Tarot oracle cards, Regardless, they are both connected, they both have 4-suits, court cards, etc. The only difference is that the Tarot has a major arcana and the 52-deck of cards does not; Tarot is actually two decks combined and you can use only the major arcana deck for readings if you desire.

I believe Tarot cards came first but you can also use the 52-deck of playing cards as oracle cards. There are lots of oracle tools, like the Rune stones, etc. The Tarot cards are ancient, some say they originated in China and then resurfaced centuries later in Italy. The dates are unsure, there are lots of different stories on the beginnings of Tarot, but one thing for sure lots of cultures and spiritual practices today have created Tarot card figures in the image of their culture or spiritual practice.

In ancient times it was thought that Tarot came from Egypt. The Kabbalistic Tarot goes back to the days of ancient Egypt and is said to have been used by Moses during his struggle with Pharaoh. Although I will say there is no evidence of this, and there is very little evidence regarding the history of Tarot or its origins. No records were maintained about this.
Old 11-03-2023, 12:16 AM
Master
Within Tarot there are numerous other occult practices. Each Tarot card contains astrology references, numerology, the influence of color, and each color has a certain sound connected to it. Spiritual geometry is located in every Tarot card, The Golden Ratio, etc. In each Tarot card there is a volume of books on occult and esoteric practices. It is your relationship with the Tarot that makes the whole thing happen. Tarot can do nothing without your participation.
Old 11-03-2023, 01:07 AM
Master
CORRECTION: I said the only difference is that the 52-deck of cards did not have a major arcana, when actually another difference is that the Tarot has a Page court card and the 52-deck of cards does not. The Knight in Tarot is the same as the Jack in the 52-deck, also the Joker in the 52-deck is the same as the Fool in Tarot. Still, they have lots of similarities.