Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Closed Thread

Old 23-02-2023, 06:12 AM
Experiencer

Can you be a Christian Buddhist?

Can you be a Buddhist and a charistian? and do the deity practices that they have? Like the Bodhisattva Buddha of compassion Chenrezig. He has been described to me that he isn't a God but a Celestial Being. The Buddha never asked to be worshipped even though some Buddhists do. It has been misinterpretation That the use of the word deity when it is more accurately translated Celestial being. Deity is synonymous with God and these beings are not Gods. Can a Christian still do these practices?
Old 23-02-2023, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Can a Christian still do these practices?
Well, what practices do you want to do?

Hmm, I would say believing in dieties is no problem, but the worship of them could be.

I've pointed this out many times that: since Jesus came there has only been ONE definition of what a Christian is.
No one anywhere has ever changed that definition.

As we know in the 4th century CE /AD - there was so much civil unrest with all sorts of groups saying and doing different things
considering they were followers of Christ. It was a problem - fighting and everything.

So Constantine pulled together a 'committee' of wise men of that day to come up with ''What is a Christian?"
And if you believed in that - you could call yourself a Christian. Period.

Today, people think all sorts of things - that you must go to church to call yourself a Christian ...or all
you have to do is believe in Jesus to be a Christian...and so on.

So the definition was and is The Nicene Creed, and if you do not believe in all of it, you are not a Christian, nothing is said about
you can not believe in other 'Celestial beings' or unicorns- found online:
The Nicene Creed

I believe in one God,
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.
I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ,
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father;
through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven,
and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary,
and became man.
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate,
he suffered death and was buried,
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead
and his kingdom will have no end.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified,
who has spoken through the prophets.
I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church.
I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins
and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead
and the life of the world to come. Amen.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 23-02-2023, 08:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirisilex
Can you be a Buddhist and a charistian? and do the deity practices that they have? Like the Bodhisattva Buddha of compassion Chenrezig. He has been described to me that he isn't a God but a Celestial Being.

Yes you can and I personally know many Christian Priests who use the Buddhas Philosophy in their daily lives.
Without getting to much into Buddhism on a Christianity Section, the 'Diety' Chenrezig is not a Person but the mode of being of the mind that is the union of emptiness-oneness and love/compassion….He/She represents the 'awakened' nature of each being's own mind. All deities in Buddhism represent 'States of mind' and attributes etc:
Old 23-02-2023, 01:25 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I've pointed this out many times that: since Jesus came there has only been ONE definition of what a Christian is.
Today, people think all sorts of things - that you must go to church to call yourself a Christian ...or all
you have to do is believe in Jesus to be a Christian...and so on.
So the definition was and is The Nicene Creed, and if you do not believe in all of it, you are not a Christian, .
“When we become advocates of a creed, something dies; we only believe our belief about him.” Oswald Chambers

I have my doubts if all that believe the Nicene Creed have it memorized….are they still Christian if they cannot recite it word for word ? What about the churches that do not require the Creed but simply accept a confession of faith ? Are they real Christians ?
Old 23-02-2023, 04:06 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirisilex
Can you be a Buddhist and a charistian? ?
Tirisilex,

It, IMO, depends on how one defines ‘Christian’. In Matthew 7:15-27 Jesus spoke at length about being known to God by the fruits that one produces. Verse 21….”Not everyone who says to me ‘Lord, Lord’, will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who DOES the will of my Father who is in heaven”…….it seems to me that the Good Samaritan was doing the Father’s will…..the Buddhist or anyone else can do likewise.

These verses represent the litmus test of Jesus…..not some recitation of a creed…
Old 23-02-2023, 04:36 PM
Experiencer

If one partakes of false religions, they lose. The Nicene creed only taught the Father as God, in 381 CE at the council of Constantinople, they made God into a trinity. God did not change-Men changed him by satans will to mislead. Then they became a house divided, they will not stand.
Old 23-02-2023, 06:10 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by keiw1
If one partakes of false religions, they lose. The Nicene creed only taught the Father as God, in 381 CE at the council of Constantinople, they made God into a trinity. God did not change-Men changed him by satans will to mislead. Then they became a house divided, they will not stand.

keiw1,

The council, to their credit, revealed God as a Trinity. Revelation comes from God by the Holy Spirit. This revelation allows God to be immanent not simply transcendent. If God was only transcendent He would remain unknowable. The house stands precisely because of this. It takes ONE to know ONE…… I use the caps to emphasize the oneness of the Trinity….it is God and His way of making relationship with Him possible. We must be able to trust the source and Christians trust Jesus and the Holy Spirit as being integral dimensions of the source. The Bible is meaningless without this acceptance…….
Old 23-02-2023, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner

I have my doubts if all that believe the Nicene Creed have it memorized….are they still Christian if they cannot recite it word for word ?
What about the churches that do not require the Creed but simply accept a confession of faith ?
Are they real Christians ?
You can read it one time and know if you believe in it all.

Look, I didn't write it or say that is the definition
an official Council did, they decreed it...but, not one church or even the Vatican, that changes often,
has ever refuted it or amended it
It stands.
No one has to agree, of course.
I can start a church and accept anyone into that church that says they love Jesus ---an example.

I'm talking about calling yourself a Christian...according to history's only definition.
Say, you don't think Jesus was born of a Virgin ...then forget about it ---
it stands that you can't say you're a Christian.

I'm just passing on the info, remember..I'm not the enemy, everybody.

Doesn't mean you don't adore Jesus and follow him, (Ha! Maybe even more than the Pastor himself!
Or anyone else you know.)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 23-02-2023, 08:02 PM
Molearner

From the Nicene Creed……”I believe in one, holy, catholic(universal) and apostolic Church”…..( universal my insert for catholic)

In reality declaring this is simply playing lip service to the Creed. The proliferation of denominations clearly indicates the lack of belief in one universal Church. Instead there is much pride in not being universal. Our disagreement is very important and significant for us.
Old 23-02-2023, 08:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by keiw1
If one partakes of false religions, they lose. The Nicene creed only taught the Father as God

Not so,
The First Part is about the Father
The Second Part is about the Son
The Final Part is about Holy Spirit.

Father, Son, Holy Spirit - Three - The Trinity.....
Closed Thread