Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 20-06-2022, 05:12 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingalways
I no longer desire nondual realization. It came and it stayed.
Didn't you earlier post non-duality doesn't exist?
Old 20-06-2022, 05:21 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
I have no intention to start an argument on this, but evidently your "dualism is a belief, not a truth" is a belief, not a truth, as well.
Your intention to have no intention aside , what is true is true, and what is not true is not true. Truths: A dog is a dog, a train is a train, reality or God or awareness (pick your concept) is not-two-things. What is not true: A dog is a cat, a train is a car, reality or awareness is two things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Even if you had a "realization" kind of experience, there is no way to prove it, even to yourself, that your experience wasn't the creation of your beliefs and expectations.
Nondual realization 'makes real' the truth of not-two-things. Truth does not require proof nor is truth influenced by expectations.
Old 20-06-2022, 05:31 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Didn't you earlier post non-duality doesn't exist?
Nondual realization dispels the notion of existing things. Using nouns such as "duality" and "nonduality" implies existing things.
Old 20-06-2022, 05:38 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
The meaning of this is not clear. It seems as if your intellect is over-complicating something very simple.
The intellect serves a purpose but it is concerned with the nature of duality through analysis and comparison. At some stage the intellect has to be surrendered.
The realisation of non-duality is a state of Being, not an intellectual understanding.
The last statement is true, however, the intellect is useful when used as a sword to cut away consciousness' (unnecessary) concern with duality. Perhaps my sword is dull, perhaps not.
Old 20-06-2022, 06:24 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
The mind doesn't exist so duality (and nonduality) don't exist.
Quote:
Nondual realization dispels the notion of existing things. Using nouns such as "duality" and "nonduality" implies existing things.
If nonduality doesn't exist how can one have nondual Realization, and if one did wouldn't that be realization of an existing thing?

The thing about things is they only don't exist in and of themselves. They don't have intrinsic existence but they do have extrinsic existence. It's not that there's something out there. It's not that there's nothing out there. It's that there's no thing and there's no out there.

For discussion purposes how can one avoid using these terms since it all takes place within Maya? Why trip over words when the deeper philosophy behind the words is the pointer?
Old 22-06-2022, 12:36 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
never mind...
Exactly!

The truth that there is only That reveals the untruth of a subject/object duality (ego). It really is that simple. Simple to 'see' for a moment or two but hard to realize permanently. Do we want to live according to what is true (to be) or what is not true (not to be), that is the question.
Old 22-06-2022, 12:58 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
The truth that there is only That reveals the untruth of a subject/object duality (ego).
Yet here you are, fully engaged in subject/object duality. Neo-Advaita?
Old 22-06-2022, 01:43 PM
Quote:
This is called nondual (or unity or oneness) realization.
Hi, Anytime someone reminds me of Reality I wish I could give them a like. Realization, yes, ah, my best friend.
A dawning, a bolt of amazing Grace is wonderful isn't it?
No intellectualization ...just a pure awakening of your perception...a
few moments of an altered state, Cosmic Consciousness - coined in the 1890s!
Thank you*Richard Bucke, MD* for your work and your book.
Oneness Consciousness...ah, nice way to start my day...
we are all in this Universe of Jell-o.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 22-06-2022, 02:13 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Yet here you are, fully engaged in subject/object duality. Neo-Advaita?
The subject/object duality isn't true so it is not possible for me (or you) to write from a dual perspective. It is possible however to believe that a subject/object perspective is true which is the case for most spiritual seekers.

Belief in duality is part of the imaginary raft heading for the imaginary shore the Buddha spoke about centuries ago. Duality is a helpful belief because it gradually shifts one's awareness from their conventional identity as a person in a world of other persons to their non-identity as ?

Truth: Despite what most of us believe is true, because there is only That (or This), there is no subject-object split, there has never been a subject/object split, there will never be a subject/object split.

As Neil Sedaka sang so many decades ago and I know from my own experience to be true, "Waking Up is Hard To Do."
Old 22-06-2022, 02:24 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Despite what most of us believe is true, because there is only That (or This), there is no subject-object split, there has never been a subject/object split, there will never be a subject/object split.
How does one go about realizing that? What are the paths and their practices?