Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 14-06-2022, 06:46 AM
Master

Why is Born Again Christianity so Condemning ?

Just a quick run by folks. Me and my wife have a good neighbour whom we
met at school as her son is in the same class as our son. She also lives on the same street. So her son is my son's best friend. So we help each other occasionally with lifts etc. This is a very nice side of the friendship.

I know she belongs to a church and is a committed born again Christian. Now she is trying to convert me I feel, I know she has been trying to convert my wife, not too vehemently but I sense that. I was hoping my intuitions were wrong and I found myself admiring her as a person and her form of Christianity. Sensing she is tolerant etc.

I came across Born Again Christianity many times and spoke to many of these type of Christians and concluded that it was too judgemental and condemning for me. Yesterday she kinda laid it on me saying you have to accept Jesus as your Saviour and saying that all the stars, reality tv stars etc. etc.etc. all stars are condemned to hell. I felt a bit concerned as my fears were confirmed that she actually was that type of Christian. I just told her I can't condemn anyone ultimately and she agreed, that God was the only one who could do that but at the same time what she said sounded very judgemental to me.

She doesn't know that I am spiritually quite mature and have seen a fair amount of 'spirituality' in many forms, I don't want to frighten her But feel a bit uncertain as to what to do. On one level I admire her conviction and faith but I am not into condemnation of anyone if I can help it or proselytising. Can anyone relate to this or have any ideas ? Cheers Joe.

__________________________________________________ ___________

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 14-06-2022, 07:33 AM
Master
Yes a good friend is born again and speaks the same. Not about the all stars as such. Lol

She is kind and caring, we like each other, have a lot in common and I notice if the convo moves into Jesus as my saviour and those that don’t believe, won’t be saved, I have no where to go. There’s no argument, or proving, to be had with beliefs so set in stone.

So I just love her, enjoy our company in different ways we can meet at.

It’s really an opportunity to open, let go of your own fight or flight response and just let them be as they need for their path.
Old 14-06-2022, 08:20 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
Yes a good friend is born again and speaks the same. Not about the all stars as such. Lol

Great, thanks for replying. Your post is helpful. My wife has just gone for coffee with the friend this morning and I told her my concerns
but says exactly as you say, they enjoy each others company etc and although she maybe condemning those all stars to hell she seems like
a really nice person as well

As you say it's a good opportunity for me when it arises to stay on stable ground and be compassionate and be open. I think some born again
churches except that if you have taken Jesus as your saviour etc. in this life then that is all that matters, they don't push too hard for you to become
part of 'their flock'. I remember having a convo with a pentecostalist on the street and he asked me about Jesus and I told him and he said it was fine,
he blessed me and wished me well Was probably trying to get rid of me !!!!

Anyway thanks once again for your imput.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 14-06-2022, 11:18 AM
ImthatIm

I don't mind finding out where a Christian is in their walk with Christ.
I have met various kinds of Christians.
There are those that just want to try and indoctrinate people into their club and get brownie points or something.
They usually disperse when I bring up Luke 9:1-3
Quote:
When Jesus had called the Twelve together, he gave them power and authority to drive out all demons and to cure diseases, 2 and he sent them out to proclaim the kingdom of God and to heal the sick. 3 He told them: “Take nothing for the journey—no staff, no bag, no bread, no money, no extra shirt.
I will have them prove their salt and attempt to heal the sick or chase demons as commanded by Christ.

But then there are those that actually walk with the Christ and are some of my best friends.
They stick around for years and healing and prayers and kindness for people are just a given.
They seam very tolerant toward people and follow the commands of Christ.
“‘You must love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your strength, and all your mind.’ And, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’”
So they Love instead of try to convert.
Old 14-06-2022, 11:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
So they Love instead of try to convert.

Yes
You will know them by their fruits, but when Children are involved one should be very careful the Children don't try to indoctrinate your Children and complicate their beliefs..... I've known this to happen personally with another well know Denomination and the Family involved had to completely cut ties. Most Adults can deal with these types of situations but Children are more vunerable....
Old 21-06-2022, 06:03 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
“‘You must love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your strength, and all your mind.’ And, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’”

I think Christianity, especially a very domineering and authoritarian form is very much to do with inverted bullying.
Lots of folks who turn towards a harsh form of Christianity are expressing their own relationship to their Father or dominant male
figures in their life. It's all about the male deity and how powerful he is and if he needs to mete out a harsh justice he will.
In Christian countries this often comes by way of a 'Just War'.

So instead of being healed from their Father's lack of care, lack of compassion, cruelty or indifference etc. they find an equally harsh if not
Harsher Father figure inside their various denominations and find it necessary through what they deem Biblical knowledge to bully their fellow man.
It's a pretty messed up situation but of course people will say it is what they need at the time. However, their projections stemming from their own
parental problems are shocking and sad of course.

Reading the Bible as they would a sales manual for a household appliance, they miss the poetry of the Bible and the messages of Jesus Christ.
They say the Bible's message and Jesus' message is one of Love. That is a tall order for the average human being. But to sail your ship by Jesus'
command to love God and your neighbour is a lifetime's work that many in the past and present have been compelled to undertake.

Old 21-06-2022, 09:55 PM
Master

Generally speaking most claims of being born again are false claims and are delusional in nature. You cannot join any particular born again church and become born again. It is just a means of separation which is antithesis to the Spirit.
Old 22-06-2022, 12:14 AM
Master

Separation can lead to condemnation…..
Old 27-06-2022, 04:09 PM
Master

Does an NDE represent an understandable example of being born again ?
Old 09-07-2022, 07:22 AM
Deactivated Account

Your thread title is condemning in and of itself. You are assuming that there is such a thing as "born again Christianity" and that such who are involved in it are condemning. And generally speaking, your posts are full of assumptions which, well, isn't spiritual at all.