Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 07-06-2022, 07:08 PM
asearcher

How to help someone improve their self esteem?

Do you guys have any ideas on how to help someone improve their self esteem?

I would give compliments and still do but it never seemed, seems to help much.

Last edited by asearcher : 07-06-2022 at 09:47 PM.
Old 08-06-2022, 05:28 AM
Master
Identify the potential cycle they might've been in, identify the limiting beliefs they might hold (often embedded in certain subtleties in gestures and actions), find the right way to show them the flaws of those limiting beliefs

And when it comes to compliments, find ones that would really crack against those restrictive beliefs

Remind the person to have fun too and "just be" when the moment calls for it - that life isn't only just about the shadow side (this is actually a potential cycle-breaker, and when implemented the right way, it's groundbreaking - it's a process)
Old 08-06-2022, 12:46 PM
Master
You cannot help another get better self-esteem really. Everyone has to decide for themselves they want to work on that, or anything else for that matter.
As long as you don't add to someone's issues there isn't much you can do until they are willing and ready to go for change themselves.
Such things are always inner changes, inner drives and so on, and no one can give that to them.
As such if you go to great length to achieve something for another you end up depleting yourself. It's the giver/pleaser syndrome. Won't do anyone any good. Then you can ask yourself why you need that.

The only time it's different is when it's a child as then you're responsible for them.

And giving compliments should be done only when you really feel it, not for the sake of giving compliments with the intention to boost their confidence. When not given at the right time that may actually lower their confidence as they don't feel it was particularly special.

Last edited by FairyCrystal : 08-06-2022 at 03:57 PM.
Old 08-06-2022, 01:04 PM
Master
Exercise partner, cooking partner with healthy meals bit of baking?
Compliments, good long talk about all their positives and list negatives if need be- work through them for a neutral conclusion…

Swimming, yoga, skating, biking, jogging?
Dinner and cinema night out?

Movie night; their favourite movie and munchies?

The list is exhaustive…

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)
Old 08-06-2022, 01:05 PM
Knower
No one can improve someone else's self-esteem, except for a very short time through inspiration. For a person to improve his self-esteem, he will need to do things that make him feel good (in the sense of goodness). The more real good a person does, the better is his self-esteem, and this self-esteem no one can take away (including the Higher Beings). That is THE ONLY WAY for someone to improve his self-esteem. What you can do is inspire him to do or begin to do anything good That is all you can do.
Old 08-06-2022, 08:05 PM
asearcher

Thank you very much everyone =)
Old 08-06-2022, 10:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by asearcher
Do you guys have any ideas on how to help someone improve their self esteem?

I would give compliments and still do but it never seemed, seems to help much.

Get them to love themselves wholeheartedly/with a passion and don't give up on that love, bingo, instant boost to the self-esteem.

utopiandreamchild
Old 12-06-2022, 07:29 AM
asearcher

Thanks Utopiadreamchild, for your positive words :)
Old 13-06-2022, 05:59 PM
Master
I can't give someone else advice on their low self esteem issues, when I don't have the best self esteem still even at my age of 28 . My Mom says this to me all of the time "I can tell you that you are beautiful, till I'm blue in the face". If don't believe it and see it within myself others are not either.
Old 13-06-2022, 07:13 PM
Master

If someone's core subconscious beliefs are that they are unworthy, unlovable, stupid, bad, unattractive, etc etc then nothing anyone else can say will make a permanent difference to their self-esteem. It is like an internal recorded message which is on a continuous loop.

That person needs to look within and become aware of the messages playing in the background of their consciousness. They need to understand where these messages came from, which is usually from childhood. By bringing these subconscious messages to the light of conscious awareness they can be examined and released.

Change comes from within. If we do not change the record then we will have low self-esteem regardless of how many compliments we hear.

Peace