Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 28-05-2022, 05:09 AM
Experiencer
Psychic Abilities

There are seven known psychic abilities we as humans can either be born with, obtain through 'awakening' experiences and or both. Some people have one and others can have more than one.

These abilities can be known as the 'Clairs'.

Clairvoyance (Clear Seeing)
People have long associated psychics and fortune tellers with clairvoyance, or clear seeing. They seem to “see” things in their mind’s eye. Sometimes they “see” things before they happen or clearly see the truth of something that has happened. This seeing can be in the form of whole images or even symbols.

Clairaudience (Clear Hearing)
Clairaudience is the capability of receiving an intuitive heard message from the world of spirits or a higher being. The clairaudient’s hearing transcends the everyday physical world and the known level of awareness. The message might include particular words, names or phrases, symbolic sounds or music. The clairaudient may hear sound as if it’s being spoken right next to them, inside their head, or echoing as if from another dimension. Clairaudient dreams are also a known phenomenon, where during sleep a person may hear the voice of a spirit or a loved one who has passed away.

Clairsentience (Clear Feeling)
Clairsentience happens when you receive strong sensations in your physical body. You may experience strong gut feelings or sensations in your chest that act as signals to act. With clear feeling, you easily feel things to be true — and they always are. Some clairsentients may feel in their own body another’s illness or injury. Often these people are drawn to the spiritual healing arts.

Claircognizance (Clear Knowing)
Claircognizance is a strong intuitive sense in many people. Intuition and ‘gut feeling’ are heightened. Claircognitives often tend to just know things and answers seem to just pop into their mind with no idea where the answers come from, but you know they are correct. People that have natural claim cognitive abilities get regular flashes of insights and inspiration.

Clairsentience (Clear Smelling)

Clairsalience is common when you suddenly smell specific scents or fragrances that don’t have any kind of physical source nearby. Food or certain odours from past events may be smelled in the present moment. A common clairsentient experience may be able to smell the perfume or the tobacco smoke of a deceased relative taken as a sign of their presence nearby.

Clairgustance (Clear Tasting)

This is the ability to taste something that isn’t actually there. This experience oftentimes comes out of the blue when a deceased loved one is attempting to communicate a memory or association we have with a particular food or beverage that reminds us of them. Some clairgustants might taste the “energies” of food, animals, trees, flowers, events, places, people, the energy of emotions or thoughts, and more. Some people experience clairgustance by tasting people’s energies when they are around them or if certain people are thinking of them. Others experience being able to taste people’s emotions or their physical ailments.

Clairtangency (Clear Touching)
Clairtangency happens when you can know something about an object simply by touching it. Your hands sense and interpret energy. Many energy healers sense energy with their hands to determine a client’s energy blocks or injuries. Interestingly, Clairtangency is the only psychic ability that is not the information in and of itself meaning the physical touch is not the psychic information. The psychic information is triggered by the physical touch. So, for instance, with an ability like clairvoyance (psychic sight), you are getting direct psychic information through sight. However, with clairtangency, you might hold someone’s hand and it would trigger an image to come to you thus the clairtangency triggers the clairvoyance. In other words, you must have at least one other psychic ability to experience clairtangency.

Clairempathy (Clear Emotion)
Clairempathy is perhaps the most common of the intuitive senses. Clairempaths, generally called Empaths, are able to sense the emotional energy of others. It is important to distinguish the difference between feeling empathy versus being an empath. Experiencing empathy means that you understand what others are going through. An empath actually feels what another person or thing is feeling. It is not unusual for an empath to share the experience of animals and even plants.

Do you have any of these?

Finding the truth comes from two sources. The ones you find yourself and the ones you're willing to accept told by others.
Old 28-05-2022, 09:15 AM
Master
All bar the gustance one.
Old 28-05-2022, 09:31 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
All bar the gustance one.

How do you manage six of the 7?

It must be a challenge?

Finding the truth comes from two sources. The ones you find yourself and the ones you're willing to accept told by others.
Old 28-05-2022, 09:43 AM
Master
The strongest one for me as an adult is the claircognizance and clairsentience (feeling).
Sometimes others come through, hearing, smelling, seeing. These were stronger when I was a child, but they were shut down as the environment wasn't supportive of it. That in the form of parents not knowing what to do with it, telling me it was something else, being uncomfortable with me seeing, hearing, knowing stuff.

And now, as an adult, I don't really want to hear and see. The knowing and sensing is enough.
I lived in a few houses that needed serious cleansing (had to get an exorcist in 2x), so never mind the seeing & hearing.
Old 28-05-2022, 09:55 AM
Experiencer
I was born a clairempath and clairsentience. 21 years ago I had my 'awakening' experience. Several years later I had an NDE and was given claircognizance and my clairsentience was heightened. It was getting too much for me to be in and around people, as it was very draining on my energy. I am semi-recluse because of it. A price we pay for our gifts.

Old 28-05-2022, 10:20 AM
Master
I had that too, but then I did an intuitive development course. A 3 parter each lasting 3 months. I learnt to ground and shield myself, develop energywork tools in that sense, learnt to go somewhere with my attention without going out of my body etc. etc.
After that I wasn't bothered by energies in the environment and/or from other people anymore. I could and still can go out to pubs, clubs, festivals and so on and totally enjoy it.
I do of course remains sensitive and in my own home and circle I want to be able to relax. Meaning I don't want or like someone around me with a heavy energy. So for instance a partner should resonate with me and not clash with my energyfields.
I avoid such people, but since I've generally become a mismatch with those anyways I don't often attract them.
Working with your aura can be of tremendous help too. Like either making it bright red or have it merge into the environment. The latter has people bumping into you as they don't notice you. Can be handy, or annoying, depending on the situation.
Bright red can keep you very safe when walking on a busy road. Cars will drive in a wide curve around you, no fear of one coming to close! But standing out like that isn't always handy nor necessary.
When teaching at the time... I painted the room blue in my mind for calmness and rest. All students were quiet and worked hard when I did that.
And so on and so forth. Knowing your energy tools & work is so helpful in life!

And you know, at some point the shielding isn't an external thing you have to consciously work on any longer. As you keep growing & evolving by the things you do you become stronger on the inside and at some point I noticed that the shielding comes from the inside out.
My grounding is quite solid, I rarely have to work on it, and when I do I tend to notice it.

Only when I go to a really busy place, like a huge mineral fair for instance, I create an extra protection around me. I usually go for the blue cloak of AA Michael and allow that to cover me head to too. Then I'm not bothered by anything.
So there's no need to live like a recluse, it's a false and very limiting belief.
Old 28-05-2022, 10:26 AM
Master
Oh, also... it's often not that environments or other people drain you, but more often that you yourself have your antennae out all the time and let your energy flow out through them, and then say the other did that.
But like shaking a champagne bottle... if you don't put a cork on it it'll spout out. Not because of anyone sucking/draining it out.

That's why doing an intuitive development course is so great as you learn to not do that anymore, not always.

It is also shown in the movie -and describe in the book- "The Celestine Prophecy". Most people go with their energy towards the other person. That person feels that as pressure, intrusion, and you let your energy move away from you so you're not stable either.
That what I meant with learning to go somewhere with your attention without going out of your body / reaching out with your energy too far.
Old 28-05-2022, 10:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ..Vel..
How do you manage six of the 7?

It must be a challenge?

Self healing over 36 yrs helps lol

It’s a challenge if your contained and can’t flow with it. so ultimately it’s a gift when you can.

I’m now in the clarity and potentiality of those healing years
Old 28-05-2022, 11:04 AM
Administrator
I have them all. I was born with them

Namaste
Old 28-05-2022, 11:08 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
I have them all. I was born with them

Namaste

Your next level ready then.