Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 25-05-2022, 05:55 PM
Master

The frustrations of the spiritual life

Now that you have been born again and have been awakened to the spiritual life do the new eyes that you have been given compel you to share what you have realized with others ? Is there guilt in not sharing ? Is keeping it to yourself a program of the ego to view yourself as superior to others ? Is sharing a program of the ego to garner the admiration of others ? I say the ‘eyes’ but there are many receptors of the spiritual.

For me the symbolism of scriptures reveals new depths. In church I am painfully aware that most people seem to be attuned simply to literal truth. To present the symbolic can come off as a challenge and a questioning of their deeply held beliefs. It is even difficult to broach this territory with the ones I most deeply love. It represents a dilemma of sorts. Should we simply be confident that if, indeed, we have become the ‘new man’ that that will be evident enough to change or help others ? The premise behind these queries is that ‘my cup runneth over’…….what does one do with the excess ?
Old 25-05-2022, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
...to view yourself as superior to others ? Is sharing a program of the ego to garner the admiration of others ?
I dunno where u got any of that.
A renewed mind would give discernment, clarity and charity.
Sure, the enthusiasm of having our eyes opened initially makes us bouncing to share our new found happiness...then we calm down.
Guilt not sharing?
Insight that 'all in its own time' takes a front seat, in my exp. What frustration? And guilt has no part of that.
St. Francis is supposed to have something along the lines of
Always preach the Gospel and sometimes use words. Right?

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 25-05-2022, 07:21 PM
Master
Quote:
The premise behind these queries is that ‘my cup runneth over’…….what does one do with the excess ?

Well you could share the excess with those who want some and leave the rest to fill their own cup
Old 25-05-2022, 07:27 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I dunno where u got any of that.
?

Any allowance for original thought, perhaps ? Simplified it comes down to what, who and why.

What do we share ?
Who do we share with ?
Why do we share ?

Hard for me to believe that all of us do not consider all of those points before we speak……:)
Old 25-05-2022, 07:48 PM
Master

Borrowing lyrics of an old song: “I’m just a soul whose intentions are good….O Lord please don’t let me be misunderstood “….The Animals……:)
Old 25-05-2022, 08:50 PM
Master
Quote:

What do we share ?
Who do we share with ?
Why do we share ?

Imo Mo, only you can answer your own questions because we're all different and function in different ways according to circumstances...
Old 25-05-2022, 08:53 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
Imo Mo, only you can answer your own questions because we're all different and function in different ways according to circumstances...

Perhaps silence IS golden…..:)
Old 25-05-2022, 11:56 PM
Master

what little i know, I have shared. didn't go over too well though...

anyway it seems to me that there are merits to 'leading by example', even if one can't see those who follow or if those who follow can't see the leader. Among other things it seems much more honest to me, than all the vain words we don't even know we are saying...

not every thought must be spoken, just because it exists.
Old 26-05-2022, 02:15 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
what little i know, I have shared. didn't go over too well though...

not every thought must be spoken, just because it exists.

FallingLeaves,

That is always the wake up call for mr when things are not well received. It contributes to the dilemma I mentioned earlier. And, yes, people that share every thought lose the attention they seek……
Old 26-05-2022, 05:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Perhaps silence IS golden…..:)

Actions do speak louder than words