Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 05-05-2022, 06:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
All religions set 'Rules and regulations.' Including Christianity....
What rules and regulations were set in the Gospels?

Predominately 2 but there are some others that are of importance.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 05-05-2022, 06:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
What rules and regulations were set in the Gospels?

Predominately 2 but there are some others that are of importance.

Well you should follow the rules if you find them important.....
Old 06-05-2022, 07:38 AM
Deactivated Account

The one/s that gives the word of the Lord according to the didache is called a spiritual director/father/master/guru. I have noted for myself that there is a spiritual curret/transmission that flows from the spiritual director to the spiritual student that enables spiritual experiences and realizations. And the role of a spiritual director is to speak the word of the Lord, teach and grow them within the same, because just like Molearner said, there are lots and lots of NDE kind of experiences that are enabled/fueled by the continuous flow of spiritual light from the spiritual director to the spiritual son/daughter, like a breast feeding mother's milk to a child. The aim is to grow them into maturity. There could be one spiritual teacher, or a number based on the individuals inner needs.

As for baptism, I noticed something interesting, in that a person should be 'baptized into' the Holy Trinity that they can experience and enjoy the Godhead directly. With living water... Hmmm... We already know that the Holy Spirit is the Living Water that flows from the foundation (Jesus Christ). I would guess that it means that a person comes into the Godhead through the Holy Spirit who reveals Christ and transforms the inner being of a person into the likeness of Jesus Christ, and they can be called 'Sons/daughters of God' and can go ahead and strive toward perfection as the Father is perfect. But I noted the way baptism was performed by the scriptures Acts 19:5, Acts 8:38 and Acts 2:38. This is how I personally do it.

Nonetheless, we need the Holy Spirit of God to help us interpret these scriptures.
Old 06-05-2022, 09:03 AM
Master
Precepts of Baptism in the Didache shows Early Christians believed in the Trinity.....
The 'Living Water' refers to Natural Sources as in Springs/Rivers etc: but as with all Scriptures words can have deeper meanings.
Old 06-05-2022, 09:16 AM
Master
The Eucharist.

'Even as this broken bread was scattered over the hills, and was gathered together and became one, so let Thy Church be gathered together from the ends of the earth into Thy kingdom; for Thine is the glory and the power through Jesus Christ for ever..'

I find this Prayer extremely inspiring
Old 06-05-2022, 10:58 PM
Master

A lot of symbolism with bread in the Bible….
Old 07-05-2022, 02:34 AM
Master
The Didache seems like a nice instruction manual for basic Christian methods and implementations. How does one become a Christian in fulness? I think that gets more personal.

My neighbor is a drunk, he yells at his wife and my son, and won't talk to me... I am trying to love my neighbor as myself, but he's just not there. Wish there were a few more explanations about dealing with that as a Christian. Do you know what I mean?

I love the teachings of the early Christian Desert Fathers, now there can be found great practical wisdom.
Old 07-05-2022, 06:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowayout

My neighbor is a drunk, he yells at his wife and my son, and won't talk to me... I am trying to love my neighbor as myself, but he's just not there. Wish there were a few more explanations about dealing with that as a Christian. Do you know what I mean?

The Serenity Prayer comes to mind Sometimes we encounter situations that are extremely difficult to endure in life, I've found that I can ride most storms by staying calm rather than reacting angrily.. Life can be difficult

I also like 'Practical Wisdom' found in early Christianity.
Old 07-05-2022, 12:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
The Serenity Prayer comes to mind Sometimes we encounter situations that are extremely difficult to endure in life, I've found that I can ride most storms by staying calm rather than reacting angrily.. Life can be difficult

God, grant me the Serenity
To accept the things I cannot change...
Courage to change the things I can,
And Wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time,
Enjoying one moment at a time,
Accepting hardship as the pathway to peace.
Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is,
Not as I would have it.
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His will.
That I may be reasonably happy in this life,
And supremely happy with Him forever in the next.
Amen.

Yes that helps..
It's a state of heart, and surrender.
Old 07-05-2022, 12:29 PM
Master
I like the Didache, the more I read it I find it a good synopsis for Christian reflection.

Chapter 8. Fasting and Prayer (the Lord's Prayer). But let not your fasts be with the hypocrites, for they fast on the second and fifth day of the week. Rather, fast on the fourth day and the Preparation (Friday). Do not pray like the hypocrites, but rather as the Lord commanded in His Gospel, like this:

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth, as it is in heaven. Give us today our daily (needful) bread, and forgive us our debt as we also forgive our debtors. And bring us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one (or, evil); for Thine is the power and the glory for ever..

Pray this three times each day.

I do this prayer as my vocal prayer and followed by internal contemplative prayer. And fasting, The Orthodox go a little overboard I found, the Roman Catholics seemed to have it about right. I like the Celtic Church teachings these days, very interesting.. whatever church one attends, if any. These days I am a Christian in my heart.