Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 05-05-2022, 06:54 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
We have outer senses and we also have inner senses. We can feel on the outside and we can also feel on the inside
Very interesting. I've never thought of it that way, but it makes sense. The "inner sense" I tend to see as simply an additional sense people never assigned a word to for some reason. Even describing what you perceive with it requires you to use borrowed terms like "seeing" and "hearing". There's also empathy, which is somewhat disputed but certainly feels real enough. I typically don't include my intuition with them since our senses aren't about knowing but sensing. Intuition is all about knowing. The silent inner voice that knows. That makes it quite different than all the other senses in my opinion.

I also tend to think of our "inner sense" and empathy as simply additional senses, since most of our senses can, to some extent, be focused either internally or externally. Probably our physical eyes are the exception to that. It also seems true that all our senses are primarily orientated externally, which makes sense from a survival standpoint. The one with the strongest ability to look inside is clearly our "inner sense" though.

That said, all our senses tend to operate at the same time, and differentiating between them is a bit arbitrary. If we hear something we tend to assume it's our ears that told us about it. So the divisions become based on function, which leaves the non-physical senses in a bit of a limbo land.

That said, your view is quite valid. Thanks for sharing it!
Old 05-05-2022, 07:03 PM
Master

Physical-senses are physical versions of our inner-senses, their projection into 3D and linear time.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 05-05-2022, 09:24 PM
Master
Justin Passing, I do not think of them as additional senses; I feel they are latent senses that some people have yet to discover. I embrace a one-ness of being and in that one-ness everything is connected; everything is one no matter what label we may place on it.

It is nothing more than different vibrations or frequencies, that some have yet learned how to tune in to. Inner senses and outer senses are a continuation of the same sense, the only difference is the frequency of vibration. Everything, in my opinion, is vibrating.

We learn how to tune our being to different vibrations or frequencies, and often the frequency changes with our indulgences. Touch is the primordial sensation, or sense, and every other sense we have, inner or outer, is based on touch. Touch or feeling, is the primordial sensation because everything is connected and in touch with everything else.

We nurture and expand our feeling nature to finer and finer frequencies in spiritual development. This includes intuition. Vibration is sound and sound, according to metaphysical teachings, was the first thing to materialize in the creation of this physical universe. Yogis emulate that primordial sound with the word “Om,” and scientist say that primordial sound was “the big bang,” etc. There are other references to that primordial sound in various religious texts.

Sound and vibration are the same thing; sound is to vibration what color is to light. We have an inner primordial sound that people can meditate on, and that inner sound will almost immediately quiet our mind when we focus on it.