Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 24-04-2022, 03:04 AM
Seeker

Struggling with feeling compassion

I feel a little "frozen" and cannot warm my heart. Not sure why is this, but what advice would you give me ?
Old 24-04-2022, 04:12 AM
Master

I'll tell you what my guide tells me: relax. Leave aside all your beliefs and expectations.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 24-04-2022, 04:42 AM
asearcher

you have to leave aside your own feelings, your own self so to say, I agree with Inavalan.

I don't know if I have understood you right, but I take this from the thought that you meant compassion for others? If so take me for example, just how I used to work in my marriage (and still of thinking of not going back to that pattern): Lots of times when I have first felt what my luv was feeling, thinking but then quickly my own (strong) feeling, reaction to it, seeing it from my position, situation, perspective (me, me, me) completely took over. I have to work on finding that place where I just take a deep breath and can (calmly) ask What were your thoughts to lead you up to this?

Before in the past I would first feel the hurt, keep it inside, not show myself vulnerable, not communicate. I would withdraw. He could tell. Ask what was the matter. I would be angry. When I was angry he automatically got angry too, took defense, and said some even more hurtful things and him being angry made me for sure not show my vulnerability, my hurt but had he not been angry - after my anger - my next step would have been to express my hurt, but we did not get there and instead as his comments had made things even worse than before - I withdrew even more.

When he and I have thought the worst of each other it is our own insecurities at play, not the other person's intention for the action/s that hurt us in the first place.

So try if you can to put yourself aside :) I think this principle rest in reading others, when you get contact. If you don't feel compassion while in it, it is because you still have your own way of thinking, feeling, then you will feel it afterwards as you will then understand more then the thinking, it will change your own process.
Old 24-04-2022, 04:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by veritliber
I feel a little "frozen" and cannot warm my heart. Not sure why is this, but what advice would you give me ?
Feeling frozen or cut off from your heart can simply mean you just need bring your awareness to it. I’ve done something where I place my hands on my heart and breathe with loving intent into that space.

The breath and intent can awaken your heart.
Old 24-04-2022, 07:41 AM
Master
Instead of thinking about what you can't feel, give attention to what you can feel, as JustBe says. Your heart feels frozen? Okay, give your attention to that feeling - notice exactly what it feels like in your body, without judgment, without resistance.

Compassion begins with yourself, if you can't have it for yourself you're going to struggle to have it for other people. So give yourself some love and acceptance.
Old 30-04-2022, 02:34 AM
Master
"The breath and intent can awaken your heart."

This is right. When there is struggle - to feel compassion or for any other reason - we are coming from the conditioned mind rather than the heart.

A simple way to make the necessary shift in awareness is Heart Breathing:
-Touch your heart center
-Relax down into feeling the motion of your breathing in your body.
-Say the word Compassion, or Love, or Grateful, or Forgiving......
Keep going like this.

Greg Baden has some excellent talks on Heart-Brain Coherence on YouTube.

Old 30-04-2022, 02:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Our hearts get frozen when we experience the pain of loss or fear of hurt and have no way to handle those feelings, as in childhood. These wounds can be healed and there are many methods for this now that are more effective than traditional talk therapy. You could investigate and find a method that works well for you.

Old 30-04-2022, 08:23 AM
Master
In my view, a blocked heart chakra simply requires melding of head with heart. Now, that’s not easy unless we make a conscious effort to plot our emotions as they arise through the day.

Anger, jealousy, envy, desire, fear … identify, write down, contemplate. These emotions contract us. Love expands. But how to shift after identifying?

Do one good deed a day. Anything. A random act of kindness, without expecting reciprocation or even recognition. How does it feel? Write it down, contemplate.

Thoughts that arise … patterned, grooved, in narrow orbits, rooted in attachments. Look at them, transmute them. They are not ours, yet they’ve appeared in our consciousness … so astonishing. We have the freedom to choose. So choose love & light.

Repeat again and again ‘I’m soul or spirit, formless, unbound awareness, undergoing human experience in mind-body. As such, this body is an instrument.’

Discern difference between body impulse and soul impulse. Write it down. Contemplate.

The heart chakra, correspondent to the air element, is the easiest and hardest to deal with since it requires surrender of identity into spirit. The next point is the throat, centred in the void, beyond, is vibrational knowing of universal consciousness.
Old 06-06-2022, 01:38 AM
Knower

Quote:

I often see this as a binding. Something that lessens your emotions. For me I have some spirit friends that can help me remove these things.
Old 06-06-2022, 09:41 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
What you resist, persists, and this too shall pass.

Explore your feelings as though they are not yours.