Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 14-01-2022, 09:48 AM
Viswa

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
The Buddha taught the Dharma solely out of love and compassion for all Sentient beings who suffer the cycle of birth and rebirth......

So 'cease suffering by ending attachment/craving on everything' is Dharma says, to rightly understand. Right?
Old 14-01-2022, 09:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viswa
It's all good to hear. Very precious.

But, does 'adding up inventory' stopped in you? Can you see the 'craving' for 'benefits/helping others', is also an inventory adding up??
For me there are issues with generating volitions and I can see how cravings for helping others is just generating suffering - not I have those craving myself.
Quote:
Let it reap the fruits. I have no 'desire' on the 'inventory' already piled up, which is to be faced. Let it happen, I have no aversion towards it. And no 'attachment' either.
That's the way.
Quote:
So, I might have misunderstood purification (like they say in healing,etc..). I'm sorry.
It is a healing with regard to the emotional contents and blocks. This is alike getting a big splinter full of puss. You need to get that splinter out. Later on it changes in nature... it's a bit of a process.
Quote:
You say 'ceasing craving' - happens purification. Then cease every craving.
That would be ideal, but we have limits to how much we can take and we end up reaching a point at which we lose the balance. I've been tested at the extremes, and going through this purification thing is really, really hard.
Old 14-01-2022, 09:52 AM
Viswa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
That would be ideal, but we have limits to how much we can take and we end up reaching a point at which we lose the balance. I've done the long retreats and been tested at the extremes, and going through this purification thing is really, really hard.

If it is hard/ideal/have limits, how Gautama overcomed it and become Buddha?? By running away from it as it is hard??
Old 14-01-2022, 09:53 AM
Master
Quote:
So 'cease suffering by ending attachment/craving on everything' is Dharma says. Right?

You could read some Dharma Teachings, they will give you a better understanding, they are all freely available
Old 14-01-2022, 09:56 AM
Viswa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
For me there are issues with generating volitions and I can see how cravings for helping others is just generating suffering - not I have those craving myself.

Superb sir. Good to hear that.
Old 14-01-2022, 09:57 AM
Viswa

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
You could read some Dharma Teachings, they will give you a better understanding, they are all freely available

Old 14-01-2022, 10:06 AM
Master
Quote:

And, what is that 'splimter' you are talking about?? Let it become a fuss or not. It is 'as it is'. U have no cravings to avoid that fuss.Right??

Not to forget the Noble Eightfold Path is a Teaching on the ' Middle Way'.....
If you have a splinter in your body which is filling with puss you obviously remove it and treat the wound appropriately, call it a desire/craving is irrelevant it's common sense...
Old 14-01-2022, 10:23 AM
Master
Quote:
that 'splimter' you are talking about?? Let it become a fuss or not. It is 'as it is'. U have no cravings to avoid that fuss.Right??
For me I have no aversions toward the big splinter, but it has to come out or the wound will get worse. That's the same as your purification. There are contents that are harmful and they need to be taken out. The meditation is a deep penetration which follows the splinter all the way to its base, and most of us don't know how dark things are in there. There's tortured children in the basement, my friend, and they hate your guts. Rage so deep it'll burn you alive. There is good reason why we don't just let these demons out. Many good reasons for that, but the first time you hit the mat and feel your breathing, their bonds start to loosen... I'm not going to say that meditation is nice. I'm going to say it's like digging in and taking out splinter. I'm going to say it's like a life saving operation. You'll be cut deep and it will leave a wound, but it's necessary for your healing.
Old 14-01-2022, 10:52 AM
Viswa

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
If you have a splinter in your body which is filling with puss you obviously remove it and treat the wound appropriately, call it a desire/craving is irrelevant it's common sense...

Yeah. I will do it. But not craving for that from now itself. Not crave for living.

If I see, that is the way I gonna die, I won't try to remove it.
Old 14-01-2022, 10:58 AM
Viswa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Purification

It's not like digging out the wound sir. Even if you remove the wound, there are many wound gonna come in life and one keep on removing that, it becomes endless.

Purification is, just ceasing aversion/attachment towards the wound. Let it be pleasure/pain. Let it be a wound/normal, let it be. It is removed or present in the body, it's not a problem for me.

Purification is, whatever action happens, life or death, ceasing bondage from all actions, ceasing attachment towards body/anything, is what it is.