Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 15-10-2021, 05:37 PM
Master
Some people are afraid of walking meditations. I am glad that you are not. As for me, walking meditations are the easiest way of experiencing Siddhis which I look at as experiencing the supernatural or what I like to say "where the magick begins".

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 15-10-2021, 05:44 PM
Master
Just a follow up so not to confuse some by false info:
The one who bows and the one who is bowed to are both, by nature, 'Empty' is a One-Line Prayer widely used by Buddhists all around the world. There is nothing more to it, it just is as it is..... there's no ' rest of it '
Old 15-10-2021, 05:47 PM
Ascender
ghosts who are not friendly come to visit me regularly inside my dwellings ~ I would like to figure out how to put up a barrier to keep them out of the house
Old 15-10-2021, 05:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hologram8

combined with other forms of meditation like yoga and taiji ~ also regular meditation and study ~ it's that much stronger
What School of Tai Chi do you practise Hologram ?
Old 15-10-2021, 05:49 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Some people are afraid of walking meditations. I am glad that you are not. As for me, walking meditations are the easiest way of experiencing Siddhis which I look at as experiencing the supernatural or what I like to say "where the magick begins".
I do walking meditation for 2.5 hours a day 6 days a week
Old 15-10-2021, 05:52 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
I just do forms from master wong ~ yang 24 ~ chen cannon fist 1 ~ chen cannon fist 2 ~

dr yang jwing ming yang long form ~

also a couple of baguazhang forms ~ and lots of bagua chi kung ~ All of my walking meditation is bagua circle walking
Old 15-10-2021, 05:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hologram8
I do walking meditation for 2.5 hours a day 6 days a week
2.5 hours of walking meditations, 6 days a week, should put you in a state where you can experience the magick.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 15-10-2021, 05:57 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
2.5 hours of walking meditations, 6 days a week, should put you in a state where you can experience the magick.
I just thought that I would turn on my cell phone and right then it turned on all by itself
Old 15-10-2021, 06:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Just a follow up so not to confuse some by false info:
The one who bows and the one who is bowed to are both, by nature, 'Empty' is a One-Line Prayer widely used by Buddhists all around the world. There is nothing more to it, it just is as it is..... there's no ' rest of it '

That expression comes from Touching the Earth: Guided Meditations for Mindfulness Practice By Thich Nhat Hanh. It reads:

"The one who bows and the one who is bowed to are both, by nature, empty. Therefore the communication between them is inexpressibly perfect"

Old 15-10-2021, 06:05 PM
Ascender
Quote:
I used to do a lot of tai chi and kung fu forms and lots of weapons forms ~ but then I became homeless for a few years and I didn't go to the park and do my forms in public so I forgot at least 12 big long forms ~ I started relearning some of them and also learning new ones ~ I don't take taiji too seriously ~ it's nothing I would get in a debate about with anyone ~ I ignore pretty much anything that refers to it as a martial art ~ I just do it for me health

no school just my usual individualistic eclectic stuff