Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 28-12-2017, 10:18 AM
Guide
Church Bells

This may sound a little crazy but I’m wondering if anyone has experienced this before or has heard of it happening or what the significance is, if any.

Last night at about 3 am in the morning I awoke to the sound of distant church bells ringing. It was the kind of ringing as if they were practising, so all the bells were sounding, there was no rhythm or recognisable sequence such as how the bells sound after someone’s got married. This went on for about half an hour and eventually I fell asleep. When I awoke it wasn’t there anymore.

Now given that this was about 3 am in the morning, there is no way that could actually have been bell practice but nevertheless it did happen, of that I’m in no doubt. I’ve never had this happen before, I’ve not got tinnitus, or any other ringing sounds/bells or ear problems.

Patrycia
Old 28-12-2017, 12:15 PM
Deactivated Account
I never experienced this myself, but I have heard of it.

Some say this is a warning. Others believe it means that the location the sound comes from is haunted, especially when it happens at 3am.

There seem to have been a few such incidents all over the world during the last years. Sometimes, nothing happened, so it not necessarily announces something bad.
In one case drunkards had been ringing the bells for fun.

You definitely did not imagine it, and there is nothing wrong with your ears.

I also would not panic. Maybe it means nothing, or at least nothing bad. Some negative prophecies only came true because people panicked.

Still it cannot hurt to be careful in traffic and such. Or to do what you can to keep your house safe.

I also would ask around in town if others have heard it, too. And if anybody knows what was going on (maybe it was just drunkards or an error with the electronics in case the bells are rung automatically).
Old 28-12-2017, 05:26 PM
Guide
Thanks for the reply. I hadn't though of 'warning bells' until I had to come home from work doubled today in agony from a bout of food poisoning. If I hear them again, I'll take extra care going about my day.
Old 29-12-2017, 04:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrycia-Rose
This may sound a little crazy but I’m wondering if anyone has experienced this before or has heard of it happening or what the significance is, if any.

Last night at about 3 am in the morning I awoke to the sound of distant church bells ringing. It was the kind of ringing as if they were practising, so all the bells were sounding, there was no rhythm or recognisable sequence such as how the bells sound after someone’s got married. This went on for about half an hour and eventually I fell asleep. When I awoke it wasn’t there anymore.

Now given that this was about 3 am in the morning, there is no way that could actually have been bell practice but nevertheless it did happen, of that I’m in no doubt. I’ve never had this happen before, I’ve not got tinnitus, or any other ringing sounds/bells or ear problems.

Patrycia

no yore not iv herd of thngs lk ths 2 thng i can hear thngs en pepepl in hoses speekin i no its not me coz im only humn it livs hear
yes iv herd belss in bacgrnd 2 on off it weid y tims 2 i ahv

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 29-12-2017, 04:51 PM
Guide
It happened again last night. Started at 3.03 til 3.30 and then again at 5 - 5.30 am. I did a bit of googling last night and have seen some people reporting hearing bells around the time someone passes over. I must admit it's a bit eerie and I'm not liking it.
Old 29-12-2017, 05:13 PM
Master
sum tims wen i hear sea guls yellin its l sum 1s died
evn bells i do no wen a churshh persnen died i can hear bellss
coz wear i am thes abot 3 or 4 churshhss thy s so its hrd 2 tell wish 1 sum tims

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 30-03-2022, 01:37 PM
Guide
I wanted to resurrect this post from several years ago; as I heard church bells again last night for the first time since my original post. Due to a post I commented on on Youtube, someone replied that is is called Anhad Naad or unstruck sound current. I found the following on the net:

"The sound of God’s voice is called the celestial sound or unstruck sound current (Anhad Naad)."

Has anyone had experience of this or could add anything?
Old 01-04-2022, 01:22 PM
Master
If there is an actual church in the vicinity, even though distant (sound travels far) there may have been a problem at the church. It's not like someone gets up every hour to pull a rope. It's completely motorised & automated, meaning something can go wrong too.
Old 02-04-2022, 07:48 PM
Administrator
Many years ago I worked in a care home that was on its own ground nothing around it.
I was working on a New years eve and the residents stood up at the stroke of midnight.
Apparently they could hear Church bells ringing the sound carried on the wind

Namaste
Old 02-04-2022, 11:41 PM
Ascender

Something else to consider is whether it could be angelic activity of some kind. Angels and other higher dimension beings are able to do things without being seen or ‘caught’ so to speak; and bells ringing is usually a sign of angel activity, just like singing or flute music. Think of the film It’s a Wonderful Life and the line that “ whenever a bell rings, an angel has been given its wings. “