Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

View Poll Results: Is Christ from God The Creator or is he a self realised man?
Christ is from Jahveh the Creator and God. 5 23.81%
Christ is a self realised man. 12 57.14%
I don't know. 4 19.05%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-12-2016, 06:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
Contrary to the popular opinion that he came here to atone for, and take away, the sins of Adam and Eve. He came here, much like the other masters that have walked the earth, to show us what we can become. What we can strive for. He showed us, our "true" human form.

Really nice post !
Old 22-03-2022, 01:20 AM
Deactivated Account

In Christianity, and I may say in most other forms of spirituality, we do not go by our own beliefs or assumptions in what we think or feel Jesus Christ is. No one can say that Jesus Christ is Lord, God or Supreme except they had it revealed by the Holy Spirit (1Cor 12:3). I was taught that Jesus was a direct disciple of Sri Guru Babaji and may have spent time in the Eastern part of the world doing mental exercises and all that, and I believed it until I decided to question it all. I wanted to meet Jesus for myself, and not submit to anybodies opinions no matter how 'enlightened' they tell us to be.

Enlightenment we hear is all sorts of things, and say that there are some who have attained and others who haven't. Well, from my experience, those who searched for enlightenment that I know of haven't even found it one bit. My former guru wasn't even enlightened, but still taught about it somehow. If the way is not clear, then question it, or you'd be chasing a bubble of nothing all your life... What a waste of time.

Christianity is different from other spiritual paths, in that you do not attempt to find your true self, rather, you make efforts and sacrifices to lose it. What you gain is a God-given identity which is totally different from your self, in that this divine personality begins to grow and operate as the central being as opposed to the "I" running the show.
Old 24-03-2022, 04:04 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aknaton
Christianity is different from other spiritual paths, in that you do not attempt to find your true self, rather, you make efforts and sacrifices to lose it. What you gain is a God-given identity which is totally different from your self, in that this divine personality begins to grow and operate as the central being as opposed to the "I" running the show.

Aknaton,

Amen…..thank you. I understand how people that are not Christian talk about self-realization. I can only aspire to Christ-realization.
Old 05-04-2022, 04:21 AM
Master
Yes I agree. It is as simple as God and "I" are two very different beings. Christ is a God based being. Everyone else we meet on earth is an "I" based being.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 28-04-2022, 02:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Yes I agree. It is as simple as God and "I" are two very different beings. Christ is a God based being. Everyone else we meet on earth is an "I" based being.

What is a 'I' based being Honza. I've not heard that before can you explain please ?
Old 29-04-2022, 02:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aknaton
In Christianity, and I may say in most other forms of spirituality, we do not go by our own beliefs or assumptions in what we think or feel Jesus Christ is. No one can say that Jesus Christ is Lord, God or Supreme except they had it revealed by the Holy Spirit (1Cor 12:3).

“The fruit of the Holy Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control…” Those who are in Christ are distinguished from unbelievers in that they have been gifted with the Holy Spirit, enabling them to bear these fruits.

I see it in many other places and unbelievers..

If enlightened one does also bear these fruits,.. or so I have seen.

Jesus is not just about enlightenment, that's just the fruits... he was earth-shattering. The unbelievers don't believe in the resurrection.

New American Standard Bible
and if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is in vain, your faith also is in vain.

Can you see the separation.. Jesus, vs, say the Buddha?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HOb3r6GZJM

Last edited by Nowayout : 29-04-2022 at 03:49 AM.
Old 29-04-2022, 04:01 AM
Master
I believe in Christ's resurrection, and my soul longs for this embrace.
My spirit is willing, my flesh can be weak, as my heart laments. Many are welcomed to the banquet table, but few will be allowed in. However, God is merciful.. just repent.

The dilemma is that the faithful think that faith alone will save them.. as many with enlightened hearts and minds will simply pass by. Brings meaning to the Gnashing of teeth.. do you not understand?
Old 09-05-2022, 06:56 AM
Master
Christ is dead and gone. In my thinking if he was enlightened he would still be here having overcome death, sickness and old age and therefore, living forever as an eternal soul however, that's not the case.
I think we are yet to know eternity and there's still a missing piece of the puzzle. Why can't we live forever right now, it doesn't make sense, somethings missing.
Love utopia
Old 09-05-2022, 08:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by utopiandreamchild
Christ is dead and gone. In my thinking if he was enlightened he would still be here having overcome death, sickness and old age and therefore, living forever

Do you personally think 'Enlightenment 'is overcoming physical death ?
Old 09-05-2022, 03:27 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by utopiandreamchild
. Why can't we live forever right now, it doesn't make sense, somethings missing.
Love utopia

Living forever is the thing that makes no sense. This is a finite world incapable of housing and sustaining never ending population growth. The world would eventually become one complete ghetto or favella. The oceans would have to be drained to accommodate all…..