Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

View Poll Results: How do you feel about cats?
They are magical creatures! I feel a special bond with them. 69 60.53%
They give me the creeps! 3 2.63%
Indifferent 13 11.40%
I like them but dont think there is anything "special" about them 29 25.44%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21-03-2017, 10:34 AM
Suspended
Guide
Cool Mr Moggs.

I love my 5 year old tabby male,his names moggs,he was a rescue kitten and I love him to bits.
They say a few things about cats that are true,any man who loves cats will never hurt a woman/girl!
All Indigo's own cats,not dogs,so if you own or love dogs more than cats you are not Indigo!
Is there truth in that?,you tell me.

Regards Billy and Moggs.
Old 21-03-2017, 10:45 AM
Master
i luv cats i do i wud luv 2 cum ba az a cat ntx lif fnd a mst silly own r it will giv in 2 me let me zzzzzzzzzzzzz on beds thy zzzzzzzzzzzzzz on floor
thy wud let me sit in seeets thy szzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz on fllor lol
my 2 7 mths kitns gt 2 big pesly brtren thm im sur th egg ech othr on 2
my boy cat lk 2 flt wif peple lol nt jokin he flt wif men womn he duz lk 2 lik u hed suc hote hir pull yore hir
my f cat shes fisty she is lk 2 suc on cloths thn digs her teef in u gt a thng for botl tps she duz evn strs she duz
bth go mad it tap dripin so lol wen th jum on snk sea tap dripin tryn 2 swimp it wif th paws bth lk 2 drnk frm tap 2 thy do
i feeed thm on big blw of dry food kin dry i do wet satsh cat fod im strik wif diet i am coz i wnt thm 2 hav a helfy lif lk my cat in spirt i do she had a helfy diet she did jut ol age orgn faler gt her
i luv cats so mush i do sond mad i wish i wz a cat i do

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 02-04-2017, 12:53 PM
Master
Not crazy about cats.

Dogs on the other hand are wonderful!
Old 02-04-2017, 12:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by dream jo
op dt us cat nip in zoo wear wld cats r lk dosmetic cats r go mad on it thy do iys lk a bad of weed or hern lk humns og mad on t thy do

Please for heaven's sake use proper english.
Old 02-04-2017, 01:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon_Glow
Just for fun!

What are your feelings on cats?

Cat lover here. (not sure if I already responded to this thread )

Recently I had two strays who came into my home. The first little guy, came up my drive way, walked inside, made himself at home, like he had always lived here...I fed him as he was really hungry and aware he didn't belong to neighbours. I kept him, with the thought to take him to the vet to see if he was micro chipped. Two days into my care of him, just on dark, I hear this quite young and petite little kitten about three months old meowing at my sliding door. She was starving and couldn't down her food fast enough. My sense was I now had two abandoned cats in my care for a while. I must say both these cats were the most loving and sweet natured animals I have ever met. They would fuss on the whole family and they bonded with each other over a few days. It was only after taking them to the vet to see if they were micro chipped that they had to go into care to give the owners time to find them if they were owned by someone. They were not chipped so they are currently in the care facility going through the system. I am not sure if I can adopt them yet, or one of them, but I am contemplating it if it falls in my favour.

I love cats and cats love me..

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 02-04-2017, 01:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorStrange
Please for heaven's sake use proper english.

Wouldn't it be more polite to ask why jo writes as she does. The way you have directed yourself is rather rude and quite disrespectful.

I would speak for Jo myself but I will let her respond to you, if she deems this worthy of a response.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 02-04-2017, 06:48 PM
Experiencer
I have a cat staying in my home. I picked her up as a little kitten out on the street. Cats usually know how to look after them self, but it was winter, and I am not sure this one would survive for much longer on her own. I gave her a name nobody likes for some reason, but I think it is a beautiful cat name.

I always though myself to be more of a dog person. But she taught me to have a great respect for cats. People say that cats are all alike and act the same way, and stay with humans just for free benefits, while dogs love you and are loyal and so on. There is a documentary that just came out, named Kedi, and I cant wait to watch it. In it, is a quote I think sums up cats pretty accurately;

It is said cats are aware of Gods existence.
While dogs think people are God,
cats don't.
They just know better.

To understand how cats love, you need to be like them a bit. You need to show appreciation the way they show it. You need to learn about personal space of a cat, and when and how it is okay for you to show them how you feel. Much like a human being. I learned a lot from my cat I believe.

Every so often, while she is starring at me, and I am looking her right back straight in her eyes, I get a filling that she is a human being. It is all right there in her gaze. Cats are magnificent beings =)
Old 02-04-2017, 10:01 PM
Super Moderator
What a lovely post, Azmond.

I grew up with cats....and a dog all together (plus a tortoise, mouse, and upmteen Newts)
But as time went by and I got older, I found I resonated more with dogs than cats. A dog and I could know what the other was thinking even 2 miles away!

Whereas I felt cats were "speaking a whole different language".

I was given custodianship of a sweet little cat however, since my dog passed. In fact, getting that assignment came only a few weeks before my dog passed, so I know it was "meant to be". So this cat is sweet but no matter what I do I can't find absolute common ground. I care about her very much and would do what it takes to protect her.
But tonight for instance....I feed her and then she's gone. She doesn't come back. She's not always interested in hanging out with me. It's like I am finding it hard to make the same kind of friend-bond that I would do within minutes, with a dog.
Old 02-04-2017, 10:33 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
So this cat is sweet but no matter what I do I can't find absolute common ground. I care about her very much and would do what it takes to protect her.
But tonight for instance....I feed her and then she's gone. She doesn't come back. She's not always interested in hanging out with me. It's like I am finding it hard to make the same kind of friend-bond that I would do within minutes, with a dog.

Reading your post I have to say though, I noticed that cats can be really different one form another. My cat usually follows me around through the house, and enjoys being near me, if I am close. If I am outside the house during nice weather or doing some gardening she likes hanging around somewhere near, on the patch of soil or grass. Usually if I call her she comes to me, but actually could that be rare for a cat? My aunt has a cat, and that one doesn't give a darn for nearly anyone in that house, and acts totally different. So yes, perhaps my post was a bit one sided. Maybe some cats just don't care for too much human interaction? I was visiting animal shelter a month ago, and when I entered the place where they had cats I was shocked by the reaction. They all started meowing and trying to reach for me with paws through the bars of a cage, trying to get the attention of a human. They all wanted to be taken home I guess. Made me sad.

With that being said, there was a time, where my cat wouldn't allow to pet her at all. It lasted maybe 2 years right after I found her. She acted also quite wild, attacking my hand when I got close. and all in all maybe I managed to pat her once or twice on the head, before she would had enough. I know back then I was thinking to myself, great, I have a wild cat lol. But after time I stopped trying to do what I wanted, and started doing things I noticed she was doing. I would go down to her level and would let her rub her head against mine and vice versa, like we are both cats greeting each other. Something we still do today haha. I became good at reading her body language and I only patted her when I knew she is ok with it and so on. Today she is totally different cat =) Your cat might change her behaviour over time, if she/he is still young? Other than that I am not really sure, what can be done to make cat more sociable.. I guess some just don't like it. There has to be some truth to why people say cats are selfish too haha.
Old 03-04-2017, 12:03 AM
Master
Much love to all the pet lovers on the thread

It's very simple...approach a cat with an open heart as an equal. Though of course trauma cases are different, I have yet to take in an ordinary cat who could not be completely won over by love and respect. Yes. Respect. As. An. Equal

If you need control, obediance, and domination, a dog will submit and still love you . But personally, I feel that bringing that intention is a violation of the dog's trust and loving nature.

I bring the respect and open-heartedness to all my interactions with animals - even those trained to be led. Most animals are more like cats, in that they will connect with love and respect, but they either fear (most) or resent (cats, horses, many others) a show of domination or an intention of domination.

I think that cat lovers and what I call a true dog lover (who does not bring the intention of a master/slave pet relationship) receive insights into love and being. Women often already tend to love and mother all their kids/pets/etc., LOL... If a man loves cats, too, though, he most likely already understands at least on a very basic that love is a given, but it is only manifestly exchanged with freely-given respect and freely-chosen engagement...on both sides. And that if you want to establish any connection, the onus is on YOU...get out there and show some love...make some damn effort, LOL. There is no master/slave...there is no dominion and control. If a man loves dogs, however, you would still have to get to know him better to really have an opinion

BTW I just adopted a big young yellow Tom...with mittens (thumbs). Adorable. Will pick him up this week!

Peace & blessings,
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke