Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old Yesterday, 05:55 PM
Master
Religions took a hit during the Salem Witch hunts and modern day people have been introduced to an amazing creation of drugs that I can't even keep up with. Drugs are all over the place and killing our children at amazing rates.

This world needs a God who will do something about this and open our lives to peace and forgiveness in a protected atmosphere. Imo he will , why, because he loves us all.
Old Yesterday, 06:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickiel
Religions took a hit during the Salem Witch hunt

Well not really, we had witch trials in Europe way before Salem Mickiel.
From 1484 until around 1750 some 200,000 witches were tortured, burnt or hanged in Western Europe, Biblical Scriptures were used as an excuse in many trials.
Old Yesterday, 06:46 PM
Master
[quote=sky]Well not really, we had witch trials in Europe way before Salem Mickiel.
From 1484 until around 1750 some 200,000 witches were tortured, burnt or hanged in Western Europe, Biblical Scriptures were used as an excuse in many trials.[/QUOTE

Well do tell, I am surprised. I did not know that. Yes, history is ripe with surprises, some of them significant. I was surprised to learn the first accused witch in the U S was a black woman.
Old Yesterday, 08:02 PM
Master

Quote:
Religions took a hit during the Salem Witch hunts and modern day people have been introduced to an amazing creation of drugs that I can't even keep up with. Drugs are all over the place and killing our children at amazing rates.
loves us all.

Mickiel,

For all your complaints about religion is there some coincidence that with the decline of religion there has been a corresponding increase in drug use ? If ‘religion is the opiate of the people’ maybe we have come full circle and now drugs once again are the opiates of people.
Old Yesterday, 08:11 PM
Master
The climate was surely changing all over the world. As a young lad I thought religion was the answer to the world's troubles, until I learned a bit more about the spread of corruption. Nowhere and nothing was sparred. I yearned to see some light for humanity. Imo all seemed lost, but there was as more to learn.
Old Yesterday, 08:13 PM
Master
The first Witch Trial that I know about was around 1324 in Ireland....
Old Yesterday, 08:52 PM
Master
Exodus 22:18 is stunning, "Thou shall not suffer a witch to live!"
Old Yesterday, 11:04 PM
Master
Imo religion is no longer in the market for salvation, they are in a survival of the fittest mentality!
Old Today, 05:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Exodus 22:18 is stunning, "Thou shall not suffer a witch to live!"

I personally wouldn't call it stunning, how many times was this ONE verse used in 'Witch Trials' as part of the evidence to convict.
King James 1st carried His Bible with Him when participating as a Judge .
Father forgive them etc:......