Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 06-02-2022, 10:17 PM
Pathfinder

Why cannot I stare at a photo of somebody who very important to me for too long?

Why cannot I look at a at a photo of somebody who is a Father figure to me since I was 8 or 9, but I* never have seen them in real life or spoken to them?

When I look at him, I quickly look away or I give a quick smile, but feel nervous and look away. I have been doing this ever since seeing photos or videos of him, but I cannot look at him for too long in a photo. It's like he is staring into my soul.

He has always given me a sense of comfort during hard times, foster care, in social situations or even thinking about death, he calms me. I accept death because I feel in my heart I will go back to him. This feels like he is more to me than this earth, like a physical or spiritual family member. I feel sad, because I wish I knew him in real life. I feel empty. My Husband understands how much this guy has been for me. I love my Husband because he is so caring and understanding and seems to be like a parental figure too. It's hard to explain, like an spirit guide etc. I am 34 and my Husband is 49, this other person I feel comfort since age 8 or 9 is 56 years old. I have had so much spiritual experiences in my life, but this father figure has helped me. I got more to the story aswell.

I also had a dream last night that I was cuddled by a loving parent and felt like it was 2 people in one. Like I was the child, but the person cuddling me is my Husband and Father figure in one. I love dreams like this. Like feeling a parental love, but felt spiritual too.

So my question is, why cannot I stare at this photo of my father figure for too long? I get nervous and looking into his eyes, I look away quickly.

Please nice comments only. 😊💗
Old 07-02-2022, 12:15 AM
Bambo

Yes I get the sense you are afraid of him for some reason....

You havent ever met him??
Old 07-02-2022, 12:37 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambo
Yes I get the sense you are afraid of him for some reason....

You havent ever met him??

I haven't met him in real life, there is more to the story though which I have already posted in Past lives and in the Soulmate /twinflame relationship.

But even just looking at his photo I cannot stare at it for too long, I get nervous, but he does bring a sense of comfort. I don't know how to put it. Sorry if this is confusing, but there is something about this person from a very young age. Not like a partner, but more something else energy wise or spiritual.

I speak to his daughter in real life though as I buy clothes off of her to feel closer to him, which I will be turning it into a big blanket. And funny enough a top I will be purchasing off her says "Deja Vu", which I feel with this guy.

My Husband knows about everything, he understands how I feel towards this person (not like a partner)

Thank you for responding! Please let me know if you have any ideas.

Blessings!!! 💗
Old 07-02-2022, 06:11 AM
Bambo

No no its not confusing,not to worry....... Just trying to help
Old 07-02-2022, 11:44 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambo
No no its not confusing,not to worry....... Just trying to help

Thank you 💗💗💗💗
Old 08-10-2022, 07:28 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

There are a few reasons why you might not want to stare at a photo of someone who is very important to you for too long. First, it can be overwhelming and even overwhelming to try to take in everything about that person in one sitting.

Second, it can also be a bit unsettling to try to hold onto a image of someone who is so important to you; it can be like trying to grasp at something that is just out of reach.

Finally, it can also be painful to look at a photo of someone you care about and realize that they are no longer in your life, either because they have passed away or because you have drifted apart.

In any case, it is often best to take a break from looking at photos of people who are very important to you, both to give yourself a chance to process everything and to prevent yourself from getting too bogged down in one person's image.