Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Closed Thread

Old 30-05-2022, 09:47 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
Popcorn anyone?
And no beer? You need shooting.
Old 30-05-2022, 10:34 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
Thanks, that does actually make allot more sense to me, now I am understanding what you're trying to say here more.
Now, repeat after me,
Greenslade is good
Greenslade is clever
Greenslade knows
Greenslade always has beer and popcorn waiting for those that need it.

You're invited.

As you said,
"Or more accurately, let the lack of focus be there, and because there is no lack, focusing on the lack of focus,"
K.I.S.S - Keep It Simple, Stupid.

In a language you'll understand there's an energy system that feeds back into itself when you resist.
"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated."
The Borg

So when you can't focus you resist the barriers that disable your ability to focus and they become bigger and badder, and you are assimilated into that energy system. You create your own barriers and build them higher. Similarly with pain, the more you try to change the pain the more pain there is. So step out of that system.

As you said
"What is easy to focus upon?"
The pain IS, you feel it and it's telling you something, the lack of focus IS and it's telling you something. Take the path of least resistance - what are the reasons you feel pain, what are the reasons you can't focus?

As you said,
"Even learn enjoy it and appreciate the positive aspects of it."
Drop the 'positive.'

When I go out with my camera I don't look for "The Shot," I go out to enjoy the experience and hopefully a shot will come. If something catches my eye I ask what caught my attention and why, then I look at it from a few different perspectives. Stand up, sit down, a few paces left, a dozen paces right... By the time I get my camera out it's already nailed and all I have to focus on is taking the shot. No distractions because I know exactly what I want and how I want it.

Pain can teach you to be gentle with yourself. Sometimes the most Spiritual thing you can be is human.

As you said
"But since that is not happening, I might as well gain some sort of confidence from it. Like a blessing in disguise."
Forget all that "Transmute the energies" babble, that's a pretty powerful piece of wisdom you have right there.

As you said,
"Unconditional love, certainly does not exclude conditions."
Having no conditions IS a condition. Just Love, just as it is.

As you said
"To experience it completely for what it is. As it is."
Exactly.

As you said
"Even if I misunderstood you, still thanks for offering the clarification."

Many people misunderstand the basis on which the ancient teachings are given, but that's because they don't really understand what's going on. You are 'not meant' to 'get it' the way the guru gets it because that's not what the guru is interested in. What the guru is interested in is that you get what you can within the context of your own understanding.

You are where you need to be, if you needed to be someone else and doing something else you would be. You are uniquely 'designed' to be you and nobody else is. Be kind to yourself, be gentle with yourself and come into harmony with yourself, because when you do that everything in your reality will be in harmony with you.
Old 04-06-2022, 08:57 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
Let's start here and see where it leads relevant to the primary question that I would like to discuss on this thread: "How do thoughts arise?" and "How does the One get entangled in thoughts and duality?"
The thought 'get entangled' is caused because of the dualistic thought 'the One.' Drop all notions of an existent subject and there is no entanglement.

Nondual means 'not-two'. Nondual does not mean 'One.'
Old 04-06-2022, 09:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Watch someone walk along a pavement, when you see that person taking every step at the same moment, come back and tell me what it was like.
A person takes every step in the present.

Yes, a moment is a measurement of time, that is why you drop the moment in present moment so the present only exists.
Old 04-06-2022, 09:59 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
A person takes every step in the present.
But you see/experience the person taking a series of steps, what you can't see is the person taking every step at the same time.

The 'present' is still time, if there were no past or future there would be no present. Sometimes when I've talked to Spirit there was talk of what we call the future or the past, and Spirit is capable of extrapolating timelines into the future.

if there is no time, how does Spirit extrapolate possible timelines that have often come to pass?
Old 04-06-2022, 10:13 AM
Master
Quote:
The link you posted above, also states that "the liberation of Nirvana is liberation from time and space." Nirvana, brahman, (ultimate) reality, god etc etc is reality without time and space.

As I said before, you can't experience and know what the present is, without first experiencing and knowing what time and space is.

Many spiritual people say that form/the physical is an illusion/maya when the real illusion/maya is time and space.
Old 04-06-2022, 11:22 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
As I said before, you can't experience and know what the present is, without first experiencing and knowing what time and space is.
But we experience space and time, and no matter what you say you experience space and time. If you had never read a single Spiritual word your experience of it would still experience space and time. If you had been a science buff instead of a Spirituality buff, how different would your posts have been?

Have you actually experienced something beyond the perception of space and time?

Can you have a "real illusion?" And I understand what you meant. My point is that we can wax Spiritual about what time and space are or aren't but the perception of time and space persists within our realities regardless. I'm OK with time and space being 'real to me' and frankly, I don't gain anything by knowing what is Maya and what is not, because that is 'decided' by what is Maya.

If there is no space and time how can we become conscious of it?
Old 04-06-2022, 01:52 PM
Knower

Quote:
But we experience space and time, and no matter what you say you experience space and time. If you had never read a single Spiritual word your experience of it would still experience space and time. If you had been a science buff instead of a Spirituality buff, how different would your posts have been?

If there is no space and time how can we become conscious of it?
Space and time are not experienced, space and time are names or forms that appear within awareness when there is either 1. a (false) perception of a gap between 'here' and 'there' (ignorance/belief in a subject experiencing an object) or 2. when there is awareness of no gap but there is a need to communicate sentient needs, i.e., I'll meet you at the doctor's office on Main Street at 5 p.m. (wisdom).

While you were reading my words (or anyone's words), is it not true that you did not become aware of space and time (a gap or 'the present') until you finished reading and began to analyze what you read?
Old 04-06-2022, 03:33 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingalways
While you were reading my words (or anyone's words), is it not true that you did not become aware of space and time (a gap or 'the present') until you finished reading and began to analyze what you read?
Which is what I've already asked but in a different way, and I'm OK with a perception of time. What hasn't been answered is that in my experiences of being a clairsentient medium, Spirit is able to extrapolate possible timelines based on choices that we might make at that time. That conflicts with other models of time and free will, both scientific or Spiritual. So if Spirit can extrapolate possible timelines and those timelines play out in what we would call the future?

There is also a level of awareness where there is none of the above - no space, no time, no experience etc.... that knocks all of this on the head.
Old 04-06-2022, 05:53 PM
Master

Quote:
Spirit is able to extrapolate possible timelines based on choices that we might make at that time. That conflicts with other models of time and free will, both scientific or Spiritual.... There is also a level of awareness where there is none of the above - no space, no time, no experience etc.... that knocks all of this on the head.
In the worlds of form there is separation, distance, space and the appearance of linear time.

In the state of formlessness (ie Being) there is no separation, no distance, no space and no time.

Form and formlessness co-exist, so unity is present in separation and timelessness is present in linear time.

Spirit may extrapolate possible futures based on the present, and which possible futures may manifest depends on choices made, as you say. However, it may be difficult to accurately predict when something will manifest because the nature of time on Earth is different to time as experienced by Spirit.

Peace
Closed Thread