Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Closed Thread

Old 20-05-2022, 06:07 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
positive negative, inseperable and relative to one another.
Still no answer to my question.

What you are looking for is something you have created yourself, with respect. You describe something as Absolute God Source but that is a 'formation' or 'construct' of your mind and something 'external' to yourself as far as you are concerned.

All consciousness is formless, your consciousness is formless. 'Formless' is relative to your definition of formless, 'vibration' is relative to your definition of vibration and what does or doesn't vibrate, 'density' is relative to your definition of density and so on, but those are all 'things' of your mind.

The use of prefixes is the differentiated consciousness of the ego making differences for whatever reason, and to find the answer to what's going on there you'll have to go back to the reason you use the term 'formless' to describe consciousness. Or 'Absolute', or 'God', or 'Source'. Usually with the ego it's about status and the identification with something bigger and badder than yourself. If you are looking for Absolute God Source it means you haven't found it within yourself and you perceive it as something external to you.

The seeker is always that which is sought.

There are only two 'things' you really need - na-eti, na-eti or neti-neti, and "Thou Art That." You need less, not more.
Old 20-05-2022, 06:11 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
does not make it absolute self identity.
Where did that come from?
Old 20-05-2022, 07:01 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Even when resting in limitless Being, individualised Consciousness remains, independent of mind and ego.
Ego is "A sense of I am" so if you have a sense that you are resting in limitless being you are still in the differentiated consciousness of your ego. The use of the prefixes 'individualised' and 'limitless' is the give-away there, prefixes are used to differentiate. Our sense of individuality also comes from the ego, that's one of it's 'jobs' since it's 'multi-role'.

There comes a time we are far beyond any attempt to describe it, there's a state that goes beyond description but we hang a name on Ruby Tuesday anyway for the sake of communication.

There comes a time when We Are Not.
Old 20-05-2022, 07:15 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Those nondual words of wisdom are nondual because they are in perfect vibrational alignment/harmony/resonance with that wisdom.
Again it's back to the differentiated consciousness of the ego, because Dual is differentiated from non-Dual and frankly, it's a mind exercise. Duality is a 'thing' or an object of consciousness, and non-Duality is certainly being made into a 'thing'. Advaita means "Not-Two," as there is no Duality so there is no non-Duality.

What is beyond Duality and so-called non-Duality? Change the words, change the paradigm.
Old 20-05-2022, 06:05 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Yes I am, and frankly I'm not a subscriber to this 'multiple bodies' thing. For me it only causes even more separation that doesn't need to be there.
That is fine - we each have our own perspective which makes sense to us.

So for me, having multiple bodies makes perfect sense. As in when the physical body dies we find ourselves on some astral plane functioning in our astral or emotional body. I suspect that at this stage we are not totally devoid of all emotion, which is why I question the idea that emotions come down to hormones and chemicals in the physical brain.

One day we will all find out for ourselves - something to look forward to.

Peace
Old 21-05-2022, 08:31 AM
Guide

My thoughts on the matter are we become orbs of awareness, no brain, no feelings etc. Thoughts only arise in the physical where we have brains.
But that too throws out a lot of Questions.I'll have to think about it
Old 21-05-2022, 09:09 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
That is fine - we each have our own perspective which makes sense to us.
I was a practicing medium and to all intents and purposes, every Spirit I ever talked to might as well have been 'human'. One even talked about how he missed his garden, another gave me some overwhelming emotions to 'pass on' to his wife. In those situations, I could have closed my eyes and forgot I was being a medium.

Yes there are emotions that are 'generated' by the brain and science can measure them, that much we know as fact. It's also fact that we have survival mechanisms that either make us feel safe or threatened and we've been programmed to do that since the caveman days - it's probably the reason we became cavemen. Spirituality has the same effect, as has posts where people can feel threatened or attacked by someone with a different belief.

At the same time though there are things that transcend the 'human' that are still very 'human' and love - 'real' love and not just 'object love - transcends all the 'barriers'. And yes, Spirit does get ticked off, angry, happy and a few other things too.

For all the reality that people wax Spiritual about they badly need a reality check.
Old 21-05-2022, 09:15 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
My thoughts on the matter are we become orbs of awareness, no brain, no feelings etc. Thoughts only arise in the physical where we have brains.
But that too throws out a lot of Questions.I'll have to think about it
Then your thoughts would be very wrong, sorry. If you're going to go into this territory you need to talk to a medium but I doubt any of them will give you a decent answer, I'm a medium and I don't have one for you. Spirits have thoughts, ideas, emotions and all the other 'human stuff' so whatever's going on inside you, it seems you'll take it with you when you pop your clogs.
Old 21-05-2022, 09:21 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Then your thoughts would be very wrong, sorry. If you're going to go into this territory you need to talk to a medium but I doubt any of them will give you a decent answer, I'm a medium and I don't have one for you. Spirits have thoughts, ideas, emotions and all the other 'human stuff' so whatever's going on inside you, it seems you'll take it with you when you pop your clogs.

Yeah,that's one of the questions.
Old 21-05-2022, 09:38 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
Yeah,that's one of the questions.
Spirituality has it 'backwards'. There's all this talk of evolution, supposedly, but that's not what's happening, is it? We are "Spirit on a human Journey," we are here for our Spiritual evolution and all that stuff. Everybody's heard the narratives. Allegedly Spirit has access to the collective consciousness, Akashic Records and all that, which means we're already 'plugged in' to Buddha and every 'Spiritual' consciousness in existence. Yet we come here to evolve by reading books and being on this forum?

And regardless of the technobabble Spirit is still 'individual' with human traits.

Maybe what we are 'down here' is a reflection of what we are 'up there'.
Closed Thread